1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Are shadowers good/cool? :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cooltime, Sep 13, 2018.

1. cooltime

cooltime Mushmom

Jan 6, 2018
    Male
    asdfghjkl
    3:03 PM
    Rayquaza
    Hermit
    DevilFruits
    Hi guys, I was wondering if shadowers are good/cool? I have a chief bandit that is level 107 right now, but I'm not entirely sure if I wanna keep lvling him.

I want a character that can be a decent grinder, can have good enough damage for bossing (assassinate, boomerang step?) and can do little fun tricks (40% dodge chance with shadow shifter). But I feel like their skill boomerang sucks in terms of damage, correct me if I'm wrong please.

Uhm... ya idk.. how would you rate them in terms of damage compared to the other classes, what are shads' rank in damage?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Qwiox

Qwiox Mr. Anchor

Dec 20, 2017
    Male
    Los Angeles
    1:03 PM
    GhenghisKhan
    Hero
    Beaters
    Shads are way cool! If I wasn't a hero then that would have been the class I would have made. In terms of damage; I feel like equipment can get a bit hefty because they are thieves but they're roughly above average in dps no?

• Like Like x 1
  3. thugric

thugric Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

May 10, 2017
    Male
    4:03 PM
    TaxDog
    Marksman
    Beaters
    Shadowers are the jack of all trades. They can boss well (once you level up all the needed skills), can train faster than other non-mages, and don't use that many pots because of shadowershifter, smokescreen, skills that have invincibility frames, mesoguard, and chakra

dont regretti the ditti

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Konnui

Konnui Timer

Jun 9, 2017
    Konnui
    Shadower
    Agape
    shadowers are lame. all we can do are explode mesos (works well on the nibbos), traverse the map with assaulter, win at shifter game vs NL, stun and hit 4 monsters with boomerang step, write hate-mail with taunt, save lives with smokescreen at bosses, and hide our lack of hp-washing with meso guard.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Doing area bosses that is a little slow since shadower's single target damage isn't that great, but horntail is great since you don't have to wash and you can hit 4 body parts at same time so damage is pretty good over there. Using taunt and boomerang step at shaolin 7F makes for really fast exp. Also using like 50 pots an hour is great.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    10:03 PM
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    Trust me, you will use and abuse that skill as your main source, and when you see your friends flying due to knockback attacks while you stay there in place, makes you feel like "im invincible" (Don't forget to use Meso Guard or else you will be destroyed)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Joolahn

Joolahn Dark Stone Golem

Aug 1, 2017
    Male
    Joolahn
    Night Lord
    California
    I think Shadowers are looked upon really favorably by everyone. It's one of those really well rounded classes in my opinion. Shads may not be the #1 DPS or #1 grinder, but they damn well hold their own as bossers and are among the funnest classes to grind with with their diverse skills. I have always and will always see Shadowers as my top 3 favorite classes.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    I believe shads as most people say are good at everything. They can boss, train, and are mobile. They aren't at the top of those traits but they can do everything.

The most significant trait is that they almost never get hit. On top of high avoid, smoke and the 40% shifter makes them pretty much never get hit and use a ridiculous low amount of pots at bossing.

The only downside is that I think the 2nd to 3rd job is a bit challenging compared to other classes, but you catch up with the speed that himes exp gives (though repetitive).

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bear

Bear Brown Teddy

May 25, 2018
    Male
    GarBear
  10. Joy

Joy Capt. Latanica

Jun 17, 2015
    Female
    Toronto
    Deku
    Shadower
    Demure
    Stick with it, its tough and they may bully you, but its a highly addictive and fun class. I find grinding also quite easy, and I'm okay to just be on my own with taunt too. Sometimes I wish I had flash jump though... only sometimes..

• Like Like x 1