1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Alcaster should sell stuff in 1000 stacks

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Annolis, Jun 29, 2019.

Should Alcaster sell items in maximum stacks of 1000 instead of 100?

Poll closed Apr 9, 2020.
  1. Yes, I hate buying so many stacks of 100

26 vote(s)
    83.9%
  2. No, buy them 100 at a time.

5 vote(s)
    16.1%
  1. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    10:23 PM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    Currently, NPCs like Alcaster and Jane (Lith Harbor) can sell certain items that either cannot be found anywhere else or at a discount, but they can only be bought in groups of 100 or less. Having been a merchant who supplies All-Cures, Magic Rocks, and Summoning Rocks, the habitual runs to Alcaster to restock my supplies is tediously time consuming, and I think I'm even getting early onset of carpal tunnel syndrome.

So I'm asking: Can we increase the amount of items you can buy from NPCs to 1000 just like the NPC pot merchants? I don't foresee this being a problem for anyone, and it would be just as convenient for people who buy pots from NPCs.

• Like Like x 2
  2. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    1:23 AM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    NLC ninja Mo is also only 100 at a time

• Like Like x 1
  3. Masterg75

Masterg75 Brown Teddy

Mar 2, 2017
    Male
    Israel
    8:23 AM
    Sepoy
    Bishop
    The clicking gives nostalgia

4. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    7:23 AM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Same as that dude in NLC that sells all cures, ciders, NLC scrolls, etc. That ninja raven clan dude.

I reported this as a bug a few years ago btw. The response it got was "oh that's probably one of the unchanged ones" (paraphrase). So I don't know if they're unable or unwilling to change it, but (at least back then) they wouldn't

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    I think that's who MrPresident was mentioning...
    There's also Jane in Lith Harbor if you finish her quest string. She offers certain pots at a discount.

6. OP
    OP
    Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    Aside from the Alcaster, Mo, and Jane, does anyone know of any other NPC that does this?

7. OP
    OP
    Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
  8. OP
    OP
    Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    Bumping. Trying to acquire more votes.

9. OP
    OP
    Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    Bumping again. 2 days left to vote!

10. OP
    OP
    Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    Last bump. Poll ends today.

11. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Well, this concluded. Now what?

12. OP
    OP
    Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    Changed to allow people to continue voting.

13. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    But... Is there anything going to happen with the results?

14. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    I would love to find out!

16. ahotbanana

ahotbanana Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    6:23 AM
    I've raised this for discussion with other staff

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  17. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    1:23 PM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    should just buff to infinity for everything to be honest
    and can we remove you are not able to breathe to perform this action

18. OP
    OP
    Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    There's definitely something to be said about the 1000 limit. Anything higher and if my finger happened to slip or hit the wrong button, I might end up with an amount I wholeheartedly would not want.

As for the "catching your breath" mechanic, that was designed to thwart hackers. That should stay, too.

19. ahotbanana

ahotbanana Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    6:23 AM
    There is a 0% chance of us removing the "catching your breath" stuff lol. It's helpful in so many ways relating to abuse/misuse and is part of the nostalgic experience

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. OP
    OP
    Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    OMG, YOU CAN NOW!!! Does this mean this thread should be changed to "Accepted"?