1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Remove Gender-lock on certain items

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Pixel, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Pixel

Pixel Mixed Golem

Jun 17, 2018
    6:12 PM
    DragonMaid
    Outlaw
    Just a small thought

Apart from the obvious guy passing off as girls
    Im sure many people dig some male hairstyles or sometimes girl hairstyles
    Others really just want to equip items that are from the other gender
    There's many gender-locked items that shouldn't be locked
    Many cute hats, overalls, shoes, are just either male only or female only for no reason other than it was coded that way?

Is it possible to just make it so most of the nx, except equips that have both a male and female versions, can be just wearable for both

We have a black skirt that can be worn by males and a dress, but im sure many girls would love to just wear that cute overall that's locked for males or viceversa, maybe some people just want to rock a mix, why not

There will be clowns, i can see that obvious green male character wearing the girliest dress, balding and with lips, but ... i mean balding hairstyle on females already exist

Alternatively , maybe adding a gender change character for donor cash? just like name change it would be done over the maintenance so it's not like something people can spam but something people who really just want to change it up and can afford an equipment change with mesos can.
    You can say, yes we could just remake the character, but there's a lot of time-limited items, or washing characters that some people just dont wanna do over?

So if we cant change the gender at least let everyone wear whatever they want?

• Agree Agree x 7
  2. asdfjkliang

asdfjkliang Selkie Jr.

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    7:12 PM
    Mirage
    Hero
    Influence
    I would like a gender change character for donor. That would be nice to have :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    7:12 AM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    i would like to be transgender

• Informative Informative x 3
  4. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    1:12 AM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    cut ur dick roflmao xdxdxd

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. sbd01

sbd01 Mano

Mar 11, 2020
    Female
    4:12 PM
    Bishop
    open all cs items to all genders!

6. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    4:12 PM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    I believe it was Kimberly's intention to do this from the beginning, but the coding involved to unlock them is meticulous and difficult.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Lulinya

Lulinya Selkie Jr.

Aug 25, 2018
    Male
    6:12 AM
    Lulynia
    Beginner, F/P Mage
    And glue it back after huehuehue

8. DarthLord

DarthLord Mushmom

Jun 4, 2019
    7:12 PM
    Assassin
    Yeah, kind of a bummer that i Just discovered this with a Donor cape I bought turned out to be gender locked.

9. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    7:12 AM
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    Did you just assume their gender?