1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Petition for Buccaneer Super Transformation to have 90% stance

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Dawnie, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Dawnie

Dawnie Mushmom

Nov 19, 2016
    Female
    Malaysia
    8:13 PM
    Dawnielle, DirtySoul
    Night Lord
    Heaven
    Hi all,

I am writing to suggest to add stance into Buccaneer Super Transformation. Reasons are:

1. In most bosses, you need stance for a melee. If you are telling me to charge up Energy Charge for the stance, you need to understand you cant charge if you cant hit.

2. Even-though Energy Charge gives 90% stance, it only last 50 seconds. This is really and realistically unbalanced compared to all other melee jobs.

Disclaimer: I am writing this with full knowledge of knowing what you had signed up for when you decided to play Buccaneer. This is a petition, feel free to comment/ up-vote/ down-vote

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Paid2Win

Paid2Win Brown Teddy

Oct 25, 2019
    Male
    8:13 AM
    Paid2Win
    Paladin
    Katsu
    Buccs have so many iframe attacks that a permanent 90% stance feels so broken. I duo with a bucc regularly and he barely takes damage due to his char being "missing" during boss attack animations. Best example is Verga - every other melee class has to face tank 7k/10k body hits, pray for shifter, or duck every 2 to 4 attacks. A bucc just follows their rotation with timing. He whites every time. He also uses 1/3 to 1/4 the potions I do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Dawnie

Dawnie Mushmom

Nov 19, 2016
    Female
    Malaysia
    Dawnielle, DirtySoul
    Night Lord
    Heaven
    I would like to enforce. The statement here is to buff stance. Not about being taking damage or not. Stance 90% and taking damage has no co-relationship or whatsoever. Buccaneer has stance does not meant it dont take damage.

Again, being able to iframes does not mean buccaneer can climb up to platform to hit boss. Tell me, how do you iframe while climbing ?

4. Paid2Win

Paid2Win Brown Teddy

Oct 25, 2019
    Male
    Paid2Win
    Paladin
    Katsu
    Im saying that due to bucc avoidability and iframes, giving them a permanent stance would be too strong of a buff. We're talking about class balancing mechanics, so all bucc attacks/buffs are considered. Stance doesn't exist in a vacuum outside of avoid.

Warriors get a 90% stance because they have little to no avoidability and have to physically tank almost every attack. Buccs, with iframes, do not have that issue. That's why I personally feel like it would be unbalanced to give buccs a permanent stance.

Climbing platforms sucks in bossing (HT specifically) for everyone, even people with stance. Time your climbs with damage taken like everyone else does.

5. OP
    OP
    Dawnie

Dawnie Mushmom

Nov 19, 2016
    Female
    Malaysia
    Dawnielle, DirtySoul
    Night Lord
    Heaven
    First, ST stance 90% is not permanent buff. I dont think you understand Buccaneer at all. ST only last 120 seconds while warrior stance buff last 300 seconds.
    Second, platform climbing suck for everyone, (I agree, but at least you get stance for climbing (melee class)). It helps a lot.
    Third, warrior ( no avoid with 300s stance vs bucc with 120s stance), in my opinion is fair enough.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Anon

Anon Horny Mushroom Retired Staff

May 3, 2017
    Male
    FL4K
    Corsair
    Carnival
    Don't get me wrong, I'm all for seeing Buccs getting love, but I feel this is a little misplaced.
    While Super Transformed, both Demolition and Snatch have good reach and so you have a lot more flexibility to position such that you don't get knocked down.
    And as far as getting back up, with correct usage of Corkscrew Blow you can jump to certain platforms to recover.

7. Paid2Win

Paid2Win Brown Teddy

Oct 25, 2019
    Male
    Paid2Win
    Paladin
    Katsu
    I think I understand bucc fairly well but you're definitely entitled to your opinion. I just don't happen to agree with it. I agree that warrior is balanced; never asked for more avoid for warriors, just saying avoid meta plays into the need for stance, and buccs don't have a need for this buff.

8. OP
    OP
    Dawnie

Dawnie Mushmom

Nov 19, 2016
    Female
    Malaysia
    Dawnielle, DirtySoul
    Night Lord
    Heaven
    Demolition and Snatch dont get direction adjustment like ranged. Let me get this clear, you cant hit if you cant climb at all. Corkscrew blow dont help if your climbs are zero.

9. Anon

Anon Horny Mushroom Retired Staff

May 3, 2017
    Male
    FL4K
    Corsair
    Carnival
    I'm assuming your rope situation is related to HT?
    If so, as I mentioned before, you can Corkscrew Blow from the floor to the lower right platform. Skipping the rope entirely.
    That's the only rope I remember having an issue with.

If not, care to elaborate?

10. OP
    OP
    Dawnie

Dawnie Mushmom

Nov 19, 2016
    Female
    Malaysia
    Dawnielle, DirtySoul
    Night Lord
    Heaven
    Corkscrew Blow from the floor to lower right platform - Easier said than done, at least i cant. I dont know how you do it.
    Skip the wings/arms talk about head. You cant Corkscrew Blow your way to head.

11. OP
    OP
    Dawnie

Dawnie Mushmom

Nov 19, 2016
    Female
    Malaysia
    Dawnielle, DirtySoul
    Night Lord
    Heaven
    Paid2WinPaid2Win, i don know how can you get whited by Bucc. I am truly speechless. Mind to share the OP Bucc ign ? Need to learn from him/her. Maybe he/she outleveled you a lot ?

12. Samyy

Samyy Slime

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    2:13 PM
    LolitsSam
    Assassin
    Tbh i agree with the stance on transform, this is something that would help bucc so much in bossing, i think i lost count how many times i had to climb the left platform in ht because i get knocked off or because i have to si right side cleavers then get back to the left and climb it aqain and aqain.

Giving buccs stance in transform would increase our overall dpm output in ht and also allow us to stay on the right side longer and not get knocked off those platforms as well, this will make us more flexible in ht and will also benefit cleavers cause we can atk top right head then and keep si up for everyone.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Paid2Win

Paid2Win Brown Teddy

Oct 25, 2019
    Male
    Paid2Win
    Paladin
    Katsu
    Weird thing to focus on out of all of that convo. He whites me in a duo on Verga 3rd body because I don't like wasting 500 honsters trying to face tank and duck to avoid sed and stun

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    Dawnie

Dawnie Mushmom

Nov 19, 2016
    Female
    Malaysia
    Dawnielle, DirtySoul
    Night Lord
    Heaven
    I see. Just feeling weird that a paladin with SI is like a tank dps in bosses like Verga. Just dont understand how you get whited by him/her. He must be truly a legend Bucc. Can share his/her ign? need to learn from Master Bucc for skills. I think Verga is the only boss when Bucc has aggro, he/she can iframes more easily. Doenst apply to other bosses.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    Agree with P2W on this. What’s stance in super transform going to help? You should be spamming demo while transformed which gives significant iframes already that acts as a pseudo stance. If you’re getting knocked off the top left platform while super transformed that’s more of a positioning issue imo. Just reposition after every attack you get hit by. Even the rebuffing scenario is kind of minimal imo because SI lasts for 5 minutes so you aren’t rebuffing that often unless you need/want HB.

16. OP
    OP
    Dawnie

Dawnie Mushmom

Nov 19, 2016
    Female
    Malaysia
    Dawnielle, DirtySoul
    Night Lord
    Heaven
    What’s stance in super transform going to help? You should be spamming demo while transformed which gives significant iframes.

Again, this is about climbing. How do you ifames if you cant even land a hit ? You know what's cant land a hit ? Meaning you cant even touch the boss/mob. Doenst matter if you can iframe and do stuff if you cant land a hit.

17. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    So then jump on the side of the rope and let an attack knock you onto the rope so you can safely climb. This is how bishops have done it for years and seems to work really well for them with no stance. I’m not sure on the placement or timing for corkscrew blow but I’ve seen multiple bucc in HT use it to get up without climbing.

18. OP
    OP
    Dawnie

Dawnie Mushmom

Nov 19, 2016
    Female
    Malaysia
    Dawnielle, DirtySoul
    Night Lord
    Heaven
    Most BS just jump at mid platform and HS and fall. You saw a BS needed to climb to top platform and do dps to the HT head as well? Well i dont. Try disabling your stance and climb. Easier said than done.

19. Breaklimits

Breaklimits King Slime

Feb 10, 2018
    Male
    Breaklimits
    Pirate
    ornhub
    I think all of u dont kno but while st u limited on mobility including screw.
    So u cant get up while our strongest cooldown is active to compensate i idd find stance in st an good option.
    Not overpowerd i think.
    It lets u have more use of st w.o being anoyed.
    If nightlord falls down takes them 1 sec get back up and keep dpsing.
    Also warriors hardly fall down and van also easy recover dps bucc cant.
    I agree totaly on st stance

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. Breaklimits

Breaklimits King Slime

Feb 10, 2018
    Male
    Breaklimits
    Pirate
    ornhub
    U totaly not thinking right.
    2/3th of times we are supertrans.
    Supertrans has no mobility at all crockscrew cant be used then...

• Agree Agree x 1