1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Anniversary Event feedback pack

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Skuire, May 29, 2020.

1. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    2:35 PM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    Hey, I'm liking the event so far, but here are a few things I feel should be adjusted. Let me know if you agree:

Gepetto's Escape
    The time limit on Gepetto's Escape is unforgiving for inexperienced players. I've seen many people in game claiming that it's frustrating and that they're not even bothering with the quest because it's not worth the reward. I suggest adding at least 1 minute to the timer.
    • Alternatively, the run-per-day limit could be increased to 2 to (ideally) allow both players to redeem 1.33 boxes per day. This would make sense as compared to Hansel and Gretel (which allows infinite attempts) this skill-based, time limited JQ should be at least a bit more rewarding.
    Spring Festival Coin drops
    Having these coins drop from mobs is a good start, but the drop rate is still WAY too low for it to actually mean anything. In many hours of sweaty card farming, I've only received ~8-10, which is an absolute pittance compared to the amount you can gain from doing a single of the daily quests - or by creating five level 30 mule characters on your account, and using them them to farm the daily quests every day (which I've heard can give up to 30 AP Resets every 5 days).
    Thus, I suggest significantly boosting the droprate of Spring Festival Coins from monsters.

5th Anniversary Box drops/rates
    So far, in many hours of grinding, I've only received ~4-5 RPS tickets and TWO Magic Beans. Yep, I've only been able to attempt the Giant's Beanstalk quest two times, which is far less than the amount I've completed the other Fairytale games. I suggest either moderately boosting the droprate of Fifth Anniversary Boxes, OR moderately increasing the chance to receive the items that are actually important.

Anniversary Golden Ticket drops
    I'm not one to complain about free stuff, but the droprate on Golden Tickets seems significantly lower than past events. Playing quite a bit, I've received about ~1 per day so far, for a total of 6, which seems a bit stingy. I understand that with the massive new playerbase, we don't want to flood the game with Rare Gachapons, but in my experience players will most often opt for an AP Reset instead, which does not affect the market in any negative way. Thus, I suggest at least slightly boosting the droprate of Anniversary Golden Tickets.
    • Alternatively, the droprate of 100 and 250 NX Tickets could be increased to aid those wishing to farm for Resets. I and many others would very much enjoy if those droprates were brought up to the level of the 2019 Christmas event (generous).

Thank you staff for all the selfless work you put into this game! SlimeGrin

• Agree Agree x 11
  2. SwordnBoard

SwordnBoard Selkie Jr.

Jun 17, 2017
    Male
    9:35 PM
    SwordnBoard
    Paladin
    TeaDrinkers
    Hard agree on the gepetto quest, gave up after the first few days of trying.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. LiquidOoze

LiquidOoze Mixed Golem

Feb 7, 2018
    4:35 PM
    I agree with all your sentiment OP, to give further feedback, I feel as if with each event Maplelegends is becoming more and more underwhelming and turned into a bigger grindfest where you have to farm 24/7 to expect something decent. Getting 5000 coins or even 4000 coins is unfathomable with these rates, I have done every daily quest and grinded consistently yet I barely have 300 coins. Talking to any decently high lvl player they all feel it's a waste of time to grind coins since you will make way more selling leech with the amount of hours spent for ws/cs.

At first opening a 5th Anniversary box and getting a 10-inch soft serve & cotton candy was funny with all the smegas but now people just drop them the moment they get them. In my opinion I think the most common drops from boxes should be 10 coins seeing how much every trade in costs. Also why are the chairs un-tradeable, one of the nice things about events was trading chairs with friends and trying to collect them all, now it seems as if no one is motivated to get them.

Pink Bean Party Quest is also underwhelming and plagued with the same issues as last year, mortal blow causes archers to miss when they are in melee range and thiefs have an advantage of being able to booster. The face accessory should cost less for it being only 6 months in duration.

All in all, I think many players expected something new and fun from the events when they were announced but after a few days testing them, I see many players in my buddylist just doing what they are doing before the event even happened. I'm not sure what was happening behind the scenes with the extra 2 months it took to release the event but I hope there are some improvements for the next one.

• Agree Agree x 8
  4. CleverCookie

CleverCookie King Slime

May 28, 2017
    CleverCookie
    Night Lord
    I actually disagree with the drop rates of the boxes, gold tickets, and NX. I've gotten plenty enough of each but maybe I'm just lucky lol. Not that I would complain to them being buffed.

Good points on the other stuff.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. Galcian

Galcian Mushmom

Jun 1, 2017
    Male
    Galcian
    Pirate
    Agree on Gepetto PQ. I absolutely hate standing at the portal of the first room and watching my partner fall on the last jump over and over.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. boost3rr

boost3rr Slime

Dec 2, 2019
    1:35 PM
    zzz
    Thief
    skuooze pretty much summed it up.
    also..
    rock, paper, scissors was something i was looking forward to considering how rare the ticket was to get.
    i won once.. ok. twice, thrice.. four times! didnt want to risk going further cause someone told me one loss and you lose everything!
    so i backed out and turned in my winning ticket for...! 4 spring coins.

7. LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    11:35 PM
    LurkinShadow, LurkinMenace
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    For sure the route Vic>Ludi vice versa was never as much toured as it is right now.
    RPS is just scam and hadn't really tested bean yet.
    As 183 Shad my money will flow regardless of this silly event, I just used it as an excuse to card hunt.
    I liked the opportunity of actually having NX drops but the thing that bothered me most was that you had to have your characters in same map at any given moment so your mules could spot a golden gach drop. (Otherwise your attacker could spot them exclusively.)

8. eijifanboy1

eijifanboy1 Snail

May 4, 2020
    1:35 PM
    the exchange rates for "legendary" items seems frustratingly high. a lot of players are opting for the ap resets, as they're attainable at a more reasonable rate (250 coins for 1 reset). however for players that aren't interested in washing, there aren't many items worth going for. i've gotten super lucky with the RPS, grinding for anni boxes, and doing the dailies everyday, but i don't feel like i'm anywhere close to getting 4k or 5k coins to get the CS/WS. even if I did hit 4k/5k, i don't feel like the effort that needs to be put in to get that many coins is worth just getting a CS/WS.

i remember in past events 1 ap reset would be equivalent to a lottery with a chance to get a CS/WS; i'm curious whether the 4k/5k rate was determined from the chance of landing a CS/WS from those raffles (if 1 ap reset = 250 coins).

i don't think increasing coin drop rates at this point is fair to players that have been grinding for coins (given that the event is already 1/4 over); i think it'd be more fair to lower the exchange rates for the legendary items (though i do admit this would be unfair to players that have already exchanged their coins).

9. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    2:20 AM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    I’d also like to point out that the text says 3 chests required to exchange for a box. However, I had 6 chests and all 6 were taken away and I was given 1 box.

This is for gepetto pq.

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Kanashimi

Kanashimi Brown Teddy

Nov 5, 2017
    Male
    11:35 PM
    Kanashimi
    Night Lord
    Essence
    For mage classes, anniversary boxes drop rate are fine, they get plenty.
    while non-mage classes are left with bad anniversary boxes drop rate.
    So far:
    farmed 3 hours in 7F - I got 2 boxes.
    farmed 2 hours in 7F - got 3 boxes.
    farmed 1 hours in 7F - got 0 boxes.

if you compare it to a mage, add one and multiply by 10.
    every time i walk by 5-6 to reach 7F, i see like 3 boxes at the bottom.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    It’s even worse than this. 250 coins = FIVE AP RESETS. I don’t get how the resets are so cheap compared to everything else...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    2:35 PM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    I've heard the same thing about mages benefiting far more than other classes in this event, what's that about? I know drop rates are usually tweaked for skill/class, was that just not implemented this time around?

• Like Like x 1
  13. stomachache

stomachache Horny Mushroom

Mar 11, 2020
    Tokyo
    5:35 AM
    Remorse
    Hero
    Colors
    I strongly agree on buffing the Spring Festival Coin drop rates, obviously having them actually dropping from monsters is a good thing but, the current drop rate is still ridiculously low in my opinion.

It might be just me being unlucky but earlier, I was lacking 2 coins for exchanging AP Resets and I decided to "farm" for some coins at Henesys Hunting Ground 1.
    Heres what I've gained from an one hour "farming" at HHG1 on my Hero.
    Also, two screenshots of my inventory with @time

0 Spring Festival Coins
    2 Maple Legends’ 5th Anniversary Box
    3 250NX Coupon
    1 100NX Coupon
    2 Common Gachapon Ticket
    1 Rare Gachapon Ticket

58,040 Experience Points (A whooping 0.05% for my level 144 Hero)

Anyways, I've gotten 3 gachapon tickets and 850 NX from this hour so I'm not really complaining and yes, I should've spent my time on something more meaningful but nonetheless, the drop rate of the Spring Festival Coins is just depressing and It's something that I'd really like to see it buffed.

14. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    4:35 AM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Gepetto's Escape
    Adding 1 min, agree. Most of the experienced (hardcore) player are able to do it within the time limited already. This 1 more min to help out the more causal players, so this jump quest is not so frustrating that they will just give up entirely.
    2 runs a day, sure why not. Again, 2 runs a day help the causal player to practise a bit more. I am ok with changing the reward to 4:1 if it becomes 2 runs a day.

Spring Festival Coin drops
    The drop is created as a "buff" after the event was first introduced. This buff was almost non existent, and I just take it as not existing. Because of the reward, it won't be balance if it drop like the christmas coins. But this rate of <5 a day, is slightly trolling already. And the more trolling thing is the cs/ws cost 4000/5000 coins. Such low drop rate and the ridculous high reward point is basically a troll on the players from the event.

5th Anniversary Box drops/rates
    Honestly, i am not even concern on the drop rate of the anni box. It was exciting on the first few days to find out what the box can offer. But after a week of grinding, you realise it is mostly mostly potions. Even the rps is barely worth it and the Magic beans are so rare (and lets not talk about the beanstalk lol, barely played it). Now I got 50 boxes sitting in my inv and I dont feel like opening them, because they are likely going to be potions to clog up my use inv space anyway.

This is honestly not how an anni box should feel like. It is just MEH.

Anniversary Golden Ticket drops

More is of course better. But I am fine with this currently. Not too much comment on this.

15. Deniz

Deniz Orange Mushroom

May 21, 2017
    Male
    10:35 PM
    Helya
    F/P Arch Mage
    Essence
    I hope OX quiz will be fixed soon aswell cause that is pretty much the only non tedious minigame this time around