1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Anime!

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Clumsy, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Neko

Neko Wolfspider

Dec 26, 2014
    11:10 AM
    Neko / Inumimi lvl 6x BM
    Bishop
    Project <3
    With subs or raw ? :3

2. Karma

Karma Slime

Jan 12, 2015
    Male
    Australia
    7:10 PM
  3. OP
    OP
    Clumsy

Clumsy Brown Teddy

Dec 28, 2014
    Female
    5:10 PM
    Clumsies
    Magician
    Horizon
    Subs (Y)

• Like Like x 1
  4. DannyDanny

DannyDanny Stone Golem

Dec 13, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    SpaceMan
    Dragon Knight
    Dalmascus
    One Piece!
    Stopped watching 2 months ago. :/
    Was kinda bored of it, probably goona catch up soon!

5. Doap

Doap Mixed Golem

Jan 15, 2015
    Male
    5:10 AM
    Doap
    Hunter
    :less
    I can't read manga, my imagination isn't as good as the job the animators do in the shows.

Currently up to date on naruto/onepiece anime. Gonna start watching cowboy beebop soon.

6. OP
    OP
    Clumsy

Clumsy Brown Teddy

Dec 28, 2014
    Female
    Clumsies
    Magician
    Horizon
    Same here... I always relied on Anime for the visual movement..
    Magics, from fairytail

7. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    2:10 AM
    NSFW
    You guys might be interested in getting in to mnemonics to help you with visualization. Of course, mnemonics are memory techniques but I've found that they really help me visualize. Book recommendation: The Memory Book by Harry Loraine & Jerry Lucas (Send me a PM and I'll give you it in eBook form)
    Memory techniques wiki "Getting Started" page

8. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    Started watching Nichijou yesterday and I'm hooked!

It's a 26-ep (+ 1 OVA) comedy anime with no storyline and much randomness. From Wikipedia: "The series follows the lives of a group of high school students and their school. Various oddities and absurdities abound, such as a robotic girl made by a scientist who is an eight-year-old girl, a boy who rides a goat to school with his butler, a girl who can procure various guns out of thin air, a cat that can speak and a principal who has wrestled a deer. Despite its bizarre settings and characters, the students still lead normal lives."

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  9. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    @Bulba@Bulba
    Not an anime at all, but you might like this. His bio lists his style as "surreal comedy."

10. OP
    OP
    Clumsy

Clumsy Brown Teddy

Dec 28, 2014
    Female
    Clumsies
    Magician
    Horizon
    Right now, I'm watching log horizon!

Pretty cool anime and I like it a lot, if you want to talk about comparing with sao and log horizon.
    I would pretty much prefer log horizon, because its a genre that I've been wanting to watch.
    Different classes (jobs) around the whole game xD

11. Leslie

Leslie Dark Stone Golem

Jan 4, 2015
    Female
    Joo Won's Bedroom
    Seriously I didn't want to comment before because I think I like WAY TOO MANY different animes. But I saw Nichijou was mentioned and that is definitely one of my all time favorites. It's timeless, and I still laugh at it even after watching a 3rd or 4th time. Lately I really don't have time for anime. I thought I'd just name a few worth sharing (IMO).

If I try to limit to top 5 4 most memorable (more-so than "favorite"):
    1. Nana - This anime literally changed my life. It moves me because I'm a pretty intense person and although had many friends growing up, I always longed for a deep friendship and connection with another girl. I still haven't found that in my life but watching this show warms my heart. I also really like the music and the "grown-up" issues. It's not like other anime where it takes all season for two people to say "I like you" and kiss once. Relationship development in this one goes deeper than that.

2. Nodame Cantabile - I love this one again, partially for the music. But more importantly it's too darn funny (and romantic)! Nodame is an unforgettable character. This show is also a little bit more mature in the sense that the characters go through problems and obstacles that someone in my position (early 20s thinking about the future / career / graduate school) can very much relate to. This is another anime that I've watched several times over.

3. Nichijou - Reaches a pinnacle of comedy that I've never before witnessed. I don't know if it can be surpassed for me.

4. Flowers of Evil - This is definitely NOT everyone's taste. Truly creep-tastically creepy. The unusual art work and the incredible awkwardness with a tinge of cynicism made this piece a memorable one for me. Occasionally I do enjoy the creepy/horror type anime but it's not always done well.

5. - Reserved- I will reserve this spot because I'm probably forgetting something extremely important.

I also like teen romance anime that doesn't involve complicated love triangles like Blue Spring Ride, Say "I love you", Kimi ni Todoke, and arguably Ano Hana* (has a little bit of a triangle). Attack on Titan and Steins Gate are also works of art that I thoroughly enjoyed. Still, they did not stay with me like the other anime mentioned above.

I don't really enjoy One Piece, Bleach, Fairy Tale and Naruto. Maybe I did not give these enough of a chance, but I think it just comes down to a preference for more adult themes? When watching these I literally feel like a child.

• Like Like x 2
  12. NuclearCow

NuclearCow Mano

Mar 3, 2015
    Male
  13. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    I just finished watching it, now I'm sad :(

Here's a few scenes that I liked. If you enjoy it, you should watch it!
    Or you can watch it without spoiling it for yourself in advance (you'll understand it better with context) :D

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    Clumsy

Clumsy Brown Teddy

Dec 28, 2014
    Female
    Clumsies
    Magician
    Horizon
    IS OKAY JUST NAME THEM!!!! FoxCrazyFoxCrazyFoxCrazyFoxCrazyFoxCrazyFoxCrazyFoxCrazyFoxCrazyFoxCrazyFoxCrazyFoxCrazy

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jaikor

Jaikor Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Jan 5, 2015
    If you're an avid anime fan, something like attack on titans or just action anime in general then you should watch Parasyte. It looks dull in the beginning but once you really delve into the first few episodes it gets hypy.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Neko

Neko Wolfspider

Dec 26, 2014
    Neko / Inumimi lvl 6x BM
    Bishop
    Project <3
    parasyte is epic from the start imo ^^

17. Karma

Karma Slime

Jan 12, 2015
    Male
    Australia
    7:10 PM
    nichibros. nuffsaid.

18. OP
    OP
    Clumsy

Clumsy Brown Teddy

Dec 28, 2014
    Female
    Clumsies
    Magician
    Horizon
    Awesome stuff xD

19. Jaikor

Jaikor Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Jan 5, 2015
    I just finished watching all of Death Parade. Even though it's only 12 episodes it was definitely something worth watching.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  20. Neko

Neko Wolfspider

Dec 26, 2014
    Neko / Inumimi lvl 6x BM
    Bishop
    Project <3
    have just watched half of ep12 so far, but i like how its a bit different from the other eipsodes