1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Summer Event Balance Changes and Bug Fixes

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Aug 30, 2020.

1. LiquidOoze

LiquidOoze Mixed Golem

Feb 7, 2018
    7:47 AM
    Why is the boss that can be done in 15minutes have a higher NPC price etc at 500k than the boss that takes 1 hour and 30mins at 300k, are these numbers even thought out?

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. Kanashimi

Kanashimi Brown Teddy

Nov 5, 2017
    Male
    2:47 PM
    Kanashimi
    Night Lord
    Essence
    I do think 50k is a bit of an overkill, 100k would've been fine too.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    Does this fix the fact that SI is supposed to be +2 speed that stacks with booster, but is actually +4 speed that doesn't stack?

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Eris

Eris Horny Mushroom

Nov 8, 2015
    Female
    1:47 PM
    Beginner
    Rip si mule

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    7:47 PM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    I was already turned away forcwk before, I'm ready to be laughed out even more now

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    2:47 PM
    LurkinShadow, LurkinMenace
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    But Hero's Will GMS' description says it lets one to escape "Abnormal conditions" so I guess Holy Shield, as it worked pre anouncement, works just as intended.
    chrome_0ECo4VKh0U.png
    Taken from Ayumilove's BBB 4th job skills descriptions: https://ayumilovemaple.wordpress.com/2008/12/01/maplestory-bow-master-skills-skill-build/
    Means that if Shield doesn't work against Seduce, neither do Will should.
    Which is quite confusing.

• Agree Agree x 18
  7. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    9:47 PM
    Bishop, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    I completely agree with the Holy Shield bug fix. There were not enough classes holding down 1 button during HT runs (other than the occasional buff) so having one more is fantastic.

The bishops wont be able to white half the parts either, now that SI doesn't affect genesis.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    4:47 AM
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Didn't know preventing sed with HS was a bug, but I feel like that takes out the skill invovled in being a bishop at HT, yknow rewarding bishops that paid attention to animations and kept track of timers (well i guess other people could do that, but lol I guess we gotta take out what little skill there already is in maple already). Side note wow rip SI mules, good thing my bucc is a real bucc instead of a dex bucc lmao. Hope everyone that made an SI mule has a warrior or marksman.

• Agree Agree x 21
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. AioriaX

AioriaX Selkie Jr.

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    AioriaX
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    Not sure because I've never played GMS, but back in 2006-2009 MapleSEA I do remember that seduce was not ''block-able''. Only debuff-able with Hero's Will (Awakening).

This sed-blockable feature was a new to me when I noted that in ML we could block seduce with Holy Shield. It did make me realize that HT in ML was so much easier with the feature.

10. reveohw

reveohw Slime

Dec 5, 2018
    aaaaa
    This basically killed the Buccaneer class.

Buccs are Warrior + Thief. They hit less than warriors do but don't take as many hits because of avoid. With this, now buccs are just shitty stanceless warriors.

I understand the desire to nerf dex buccs, but this just kills the whole class as no dpm, less chance of stance while constantly hit. Avoid acted as pseudo-stance for buccs and now that's removed as well.
    I did some mental calculations and my real bucc char just lost like 80 - 100 avoid, which basically renders her avoid useless.

I suggest changing the formula for avoid into 0.25 dex + 0.4 str for an avoid similar to the original for real buccs or 0.5 str for a buff as I know you have been trying to buff buccs forever since let's face it, buccs are fun to play but just a bad class overall with super weak dpm in bossing and not exactly excellent in mobbing either.
    With my suggestion, it would be impossible for any bucc to reach 999 avoid or anything and the avoid buccs have will still be less than those of thieves, perhaps similar to archers? (I don't have a proper char of the archer class so I don't know).

I really don't want to see a whole class dead.

• Disagree x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Creative x 1
  11. ngrman

ngrman Stone Golem

Jun 4, 2017
    Female
    Brasília
    I think these changes are really good and healthy for the server. kekw
    upload_2020-8-30_14-55-15.png

• Funny Funny x 23
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. AioriaX

AioriaX Selkie Jr.

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    AioriaX
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    It sucks that DPM will be further nerfed considering how little their overall damage is with a nerf in total avoid but, I think there is still hope for buccaneers though. With the recent sed changes in HT; holy-shield no longer blocking seduce, alot of squads might have to rely on Time Leap for multiple resurrection if their sed-mule dies

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    As a side not S> sed mule services for (1) 9 spirit egg (300k mesos) and potions (prob 50 honsters), my prior experience is being seduced for 6 hours straight with no bishop or HB, and my benefits also include being echo once every 2 hours or time leap. I also do not need to be in a party with a DK or Bishop.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  14. reveohw

reveohw Slime

Dec 5, 2018
    aaaaa
    Or there will just be the "professional sed mule" group who keep timers and hold ropes, if they get hit down, bishops can heal unless it's into tail. Even if into tail, legs tail are often downed fast so time leap won't be that necessary. Also, that suggestion means buccs go from SI mules to SI + TL mules, which they already are anyway.
    I really want to see buccs as an actual class, not a mule class even if it's just for utility. You can argue that bishops are pretty much pure utility, but come on, they are a support class, buccs are supposed to have some DPS for goodness's sake. Right now, they just have the party buffs like other attacker classes without the dps, which is shit.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. WatIsDeze

WatIsDeze Horny Mushroom

May 1, 2020
    Camper

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. MeatSlam

MeatSlam Mushmom

Apr 2, 2020
    Male
    5:47 AM
    MeatSlam
    Page
    Was this really the way to go about nerfing HH mules?

There is now pretty much 0 reason to bring a paladin to HT.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 3
  17. joota

joota Mr. Anchor Retired Staff

Jul 13, 2019
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    To respond to a few different comments:

Buccs are nerfed!
    Buccaneers will have a more steady incline in avoid now with their peak avoid being much higher than the previous peak. As Kimmy has previously mentioned, bucc balances are coming in the future. We are also regretful they didn’t make this patch, but they’re on their way!

Is SI fixed for non-mages?
    Unfortunately no. It is still not stackable and adds +4 speed instead of a stackable +2.

Paladins are dead!
    Paladin grinding remains the same and the cool down was not reverted to 10 seconds because we felt the current cool down made grinding as a paladin pretty balanced. We acknowledge that cwk is awful for paladins now, but we also understand that paladins shine in other bosses such as Scar/Targa/NT (and are still better at cleaving in cwk than shads lol). Blast is still a very strong attack and works wonders in HT and other bosses, so don’t be discouraged to recruit/bring your Paladins to HT because they are still really good!

What’s up with the boss etc NPC prices?
    We tried to give a higher value to bosses that cannot be solo’ed and those that have felt underwhelming lately. If you have any other suggestions, please let us know!

• Informative Informative x 3
  18. Crayo

Crayo Chronos

Oct 26, 2018
    Male
    I thought HS blocking sed was an intentional change to make HT more skill based. Now there is no incentive for bishops to keep timers, they can't stop sed anyway. All they need to do is babysit their sed target.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  19. WatIsDeze

WatIsDeze Horny Mushroom

May 1, 2020
    Camper
    What exactly does "peak" mean here? At what point was this peak reached before and where is it now?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. joota

joota Mr. Anchor Retired Staff

Jul 13, 2019
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    The peak is at your highest point! Your avoid will keep going up and up as you level more/get better gear.

• Like Like x 1