1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

How to fix hh mules without screwing over paladins

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kalash, Aug 31, 2020.

1. fahad

fahad Mushmom

Mar 17, 2020
    Male
    5:01 PM
    Hakai
    Beginner
    The way the staff handled the balance it was pretty much just minus 150k from HH.

2. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    11:01 AM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    I was thinking... idk if this is a good idea.

Why not make HH like Energy charge? Paladins need to blast a certain amount of times to use HH. so those mules that just sit below and dont blast will be unable to use HH but regular paladins that blast and attack normally can do it?

Absolutely pepega idea yes. but whatever.

• Creative Creative x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    3:01 PM
    Honestly it would just help if the staff would just provide an explanation for why they thought 50k was the number they concluded on.

For such a drastic change to take place with no discussion with the community whatsoever, it just feels like a slap to the face for the players who play and support this game. I get that there are things you have to keep confidential but honestly you could've spoken to the community more.

Why was it not 100k? Why not 125? Why 50k? At 50k HH is just not worth using over blast, reducing paladin to a single button single target attacker - was this the intention? Is the class identity of a paladin to only use blast in bosses and no other skill whatsoever?

To be fair I'm not too down about the loss of HH now. Since SI has been removed for bishops, most 6man groups that don't have strong bishops to begin with will just need to get a cleaver like a shad or something for wings/arms, meaning HH, while nice, isn't necessary. Historically you could have a full range party and have hammer/gene on the wings and arms but now this can't be the case for most groups. So now pallies are just one button single target attackers in HT. Is it a good or bad thing? idk. I just know I can now watch netflix and hold 1 button while doing HT even with all these changes cause, hey, who cares when you have max hp.

4. LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    LurkinShadow, LurkinMenace
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    Don't get me wrong I'm not disagreeing with you but you need to work on that tone because it seems rather aggressive.
    You have to understand the staff is operating voluntarily and chose to be representatives for our benefits.
    As Joot and Nise mentioned before the WH questions that you raised are nice and all but unless you point any alternatives or work-around claims they cannot do much about it.
    In addition, few pages before in this exact thread, Nise has attached another thread to stress out why they went with said fixes.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    Thanks Mom, I will.

Thanks for also thinking that I raised any of the suggestions in this thread when I haven't posted a single comment on what I think an alternative should be or whether I think this WA scaling is a good idea.

Anyways, on a different thread I can see that Nise has posted an explanation on the HH nerf:
    upload_2020-8-31_21-48-35.png

Nothing in there tells me why 50k was the decisive number they've landed on. Unless you want to point me to somewhere where it has been specified?

And let's not pretend you weren't ranting when the hurricane alt tabbing came out of no where too. You went on the forums and complained, now that I'm doing the same I can't? Don't make me laugh, whether or not my tone is appropriate or not can be left to the staff to decide and if they deem it inappropriate they can ban me for it or give me a warning. This ain't something that you should be lecturing me on.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    You missed the part I said I didn't disagree with you, I've got an OG STR/DEX Pally myself but yeah shout the double standards at me because why not.
    And those two are completely diff; if a BM main cannot use Hurri properly then tell me what is this class for? lv.18x SE mules?
    Without a doubt Paladins pre said nerf were best class for its value in ML (both cleave and single target) and they kinda went for few patches under the radar.
    I'm on your side and back you up, but in order for the Staff to work your claims they need to be based and have reasonable alternatives.

7. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    Man you need your eyes checked cause I haven't mentioned any claims or suggestions. If you check my post again, I wanted two things:
    1) For the staff to engage with the community before making drastic changes; and
    2) An explanation as for why 50k is appropriate.

I haven't posted anything in this thread about an alternative, or made any suggestions, or have made any claims for them to work on as you've said.

• Like Like x 1
  8. LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    I don't want to derail this subject any longer, I just have my hopes up that either when server comes back up thing will look brighter or else Balance Team will find the right tweaks and alterations to apply.

9. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    10:01 PM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    i have an idea make hh muling against the tos. ezy

10. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    10:01 PM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    i wonder why nobody talking about mages nerf i think they got hit the hardest with si not working :oops:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    4:01 PM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Because that's a just nerf

12. OP
    OP
    kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    4:01 PM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Bump. I've talked to many many people about this and everyone seems to find it a good idea.

• Agree Agree x 2