1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Now that Cleave meta its dead....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Althariisa, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    11:26 AM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    Now that cleave meta its dead on ht cause everyone its scared of mass sed or either think more ppl dying = More fun. why not make all the Hero/DK skills single target? so it dont feel like 2/3 of the potential damage of the respective jobs is wasted?. Or either buff power strike to your heart content?.

I dont need to explain anything about it right? Kappa. (sarcastic post for the ppl that dont get the tone)

• Disagree Disagree x 6
  2. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    11:26 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    High risk, High return. I mean, do cleave so get risk, and get faster (or, possibility if total dpm is narrow) run.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    Yo i want to risk, but everyone else doesnt have spirit of aventure and want to be safe? who i am to take unpopular decision there?. "Dont cleave man leave those arms alone"

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    You're right. Some ppls enjoy risk and collecting death SS of friends (especially me), while, Some ppls focus on safety of squad members. (for my case, my squad ldr was.)

Sadly, there's no way to satisfy both all of them. someone would need sacrifice, or, findout another friends for run who has same opinion. OnionCry

5. OP
    OP
    Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    Imagine transforming a hero in a pally you gotta single target midhead cuz everyone its scared of mass pog.

6. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    4:26 PM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Just cleave, saves a lot of time and if a mass sed happens focus the arm. Wash a lot too tho that helps a lot on mass sed (It's funny cos the mapletip of washing is optional is less optional the more updates we get)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    10:26 AM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    Cleaving really doesn’t save any time tho imo. Maybe it’s just the group I ran with for a while but there were a few runs I cleaved leg/tail and then went to mid head on my DK and the clear time wasn’t significantly different (less than 5 minutes if I remember right). In the end it’s usually the heads that are last up so cleave isn’t the factor to faster clear time and comes with the unnecessary risk of spamming mass sed/dispels now. I will say this version of HT is at least a more interesting fight since there’s more risk in what cleave is doing and adds some skill into knowing when to abuse the arm agro. The major downside to HT now is how necessary it is to have a sed mule which is a strange thing to push players to bring sed mules into HT while nuking the capability of hammer and dexbucc mules in the same patch.

Edit: After thinking about it some more sed mules don't seem all that different from hammer mules in terms of DPM. I'll assume this is a pretty endgame squad that for some reason doesn't have a sed mule and the sed target is a cleaver that can do 11m DPM45 on ciders/rage (pretty well geared hero/DK). Assume the sed target is seduced for 30 seconds in every 3 minute interval and it comes out to a DPM lose of roughly 1.8m. Now assume the sed target is sed for 45 seconds in every 3 minute interval and it comes out to a 2.75m dpm lose. I'm not quite sure how much time is spent in each sed but from being sed just once and then repositioning I don't think 45 seconds is completely unreasonable (especially if the sed is a DK and has to get back into zerk). This can be even worse if both arms are active which doubles the amount of sed being used. Of course if the sed target is weaker then a sed mule isn't as potent but I assume most of the weaker squads weren't bringing hammer mules to begin with. For comparison, hammer mules were doing roughly 3-3.5m dpm45 with the 15sec cooldown version.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    10:26 PM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    i love maplelegends, the balance changes makes it exciting and meta changing!

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
  10. thugric

thugric Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

May 10, 2017
    Male
    TaxDog
    Marksman
    Beaters
    so does that mean paly's are better off at HT than other warriors

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    Abusing arm aggro its the only viable answer that almost everyone give as a solution. It was reverted this way by our genious (sarcastic voice) leaders cause they realized the new ht will be really annyoining for them of the both arms are active all the fight.

Anyways make a tutorial someday for the ppl that doesnt know how to abuse aggro ( althought i think adding things with the excuse of needing more skills to make it interresting its total stupid). Because having ppl scared of mass in all the runs makes ht boring and emotionless for a cleave like me. Doesnt matter if some1 else can think cleave cant decrease the time but thats still part of the fun.

Lastly i dont wanna make a call for the sed mules. I see the ppl that really doesnt mind anything uses a dummy doll to be sed targets and doesnt experience the hell by themselves. I can defenitively say thats is not a proof of having skills.

12. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    I'd agree with this and actually think the arch mage came out pretty nicely with the current return of the arm lock. A/m typically competed with traditional cleaves to not overwhelm them an make double mass arms and cannibalize cleave dpm. Arm locking without losing dmg and "removal" of many cleavers can make mage a valuable asset in some groups. Combined with not even needing si anymore, they are fairly self-sufficient buffwise.

Ngl, I think I'd rather have a hero in ideal situations. Saving on ciders/inv space is huge, and I think provides better utility than pally minor dmg boost. Even dk provides the "buff" of cheaper pots and general sense of security.

(As a side note, I actually think pally ht is currently much closer to bucc than people will admit, a dmg they want to be NOWHERE near)

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    As i see everyone its fine removing cleavers. Ok. I want a single target brandish also a buff of dpm on it rn so we dont get removed at all. A lot of single target attackers are allowed to ht together but you re ok to have a limited number of cleavers? Like a guildie told me "just play a bm" its the right worth answer. Nice 10 apples each ht run btw we making the new future!

14. Stance88

Stance88 Dark Stone Golem

May 28, 2015
    Male
    Denmark
    4:26 PM
    Stance
    Hero
    Aeon
    -.-

15. fahad

fahad Mushmom

Mar 17, 2020
    Male
    5:26 PM
    Hakai
    Beginner
    #pallieslivesmatter

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    7:26 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Buff enrage please.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. IHateApple

IHateApple Horny Mushroom

Dec 19, 2017
    7:26 AM
    IHateApple
    Dragon Knight
    Just play NL, this game is called NL lengeds.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. fahad

fahad Mushmom

Mar 17, 2020
    Male
    5:26 PM
    Hakai
    Beginner
    if the staff buff NT exp and reduce the time it takes to perform these runs, because 4hrs is absurd, it will result in seeing hero’s , dark knights and pallies carrying each other’s at cwkpq, ht, NT marathon runs.
    Wouldn’t that be nice solution?

19. OP
    OP
    Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    We could do our things on ht normally if we want but we dont want to kill the single target babies so we have to adapt to their playstyle cuz they re so scared of mass sed.

• Like Like x 1
  20. rambo

rambo Pink Teddy

Apr 13, 2020
    Male
    10:26 PM
    21blvck
    Cleavers can’t cleave. Omegalul