1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Open Beta bug report thread

Discussion in 'Closed/Resolved' started by Kimmy, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaLeY

LaLeY Mano

Feb 5, 2015
    Male
    8:21 AM
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug? In the middle of a quest (Sand Bandits and Red Scorpions - Nihal Desert Quest)

Can you describe the bug in detail? If not, can you provide a screenshot/video of the bug?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(1st image) Well, the quest requires that I drop small sack of jewelry on certain locations, but instead of taking 1 sack away from my inventory, it takes all of them.
    (2nd image) The NPC portal doesn't ask for the code (password) as shown in the following link: http://bbb.hidden-street.net/quest/mu-lung-nihal-desert/sand-bandits-and-red-scorpions

What is suppose to happen?
    (1st image) Clicking on the propper NPC's should take 1 sack away from my inventory, instead of 4.
    (2nd image) The NPC portal should ask for the password. (again, as shown in the link: http://bbb.hidden-street.net/quest/mu-lung-nihal-desert/sand-bandits-and-red-scorpions)

Can you provide a step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug? (Please be as specific as possible.)
    (1st image) I found out that forfeit and starting the quest again and clicking on every NPC works, although it takes alot of time and maybe consumes more than the neccesary town scrolls, the quest can be finished this way though.
    (2nd image) When I got into The Burning Sands: The Scorching Desert, I was not sure if the NPC portal was gonna ask for the password there or at Rocky Hill: Hidden Street, but it was never needed, the quest can also be finished though, only the password is missing, not a big deal :p

Extra information: (Optional) Also, I think I found an extra bug, on the Making the Fancy Sword quest (on both SC), cat's eye just won't drop anymore, they were easily dropped by meercats but after those 2 cat's eye I wasn't able to get any more, maybe I'm just unlucky but I really doubt it ^^

2. arbor

arbor Slime

Feb 12, 2015
    Male
    7:21 AM
    1337m4573r
    Assassin
    Justice
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug? While trying to make the 3rd job advancement on my Spearman tonight.

Can you describe the bug in detail? If not, can you provide a screenshot/video of the bug? I went through the entire advancement as normal. Started at Tylus, went to Dances With Balrog, killed the clone, went back to Balrog, headed back to Tylus, and was sent to do the final part of the advancement by answering the questions. Turned in two crystals (missed an oddly worded question the first time - something about which required stat matched the job advancement (25 DEX - Bowman) but it said incorrect. Must have misread.) After completing the question and receiving the Necklace of Wisdom, I headed back to Tylus but he will not advance me. He continues to show me the message about heading to the stone to receive the Necklace of Wisdom. I tried logging off, changing channels, and leaving the map so I'm not sure if this is a problem on my end or not.

As you can see from the chat, I lost a crystal and received the necklace. I thought maybe my ETC had been full when I did the quest, but the item was in my inventory.

[​IMG]

What is suppose to happen? He should congratulate me and advance me to Dragon Knight.

Can you provide a step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug? I just went through the normal advancement steps.

Extra information: I've done this advancement once before on my pirate and had no issues. So I'm pretty sure I'm not missing anything. I hope not anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    Moderator Post
    I was working on the recode for 3rd Job earlier, so you probably tried advancing while I was still working on it. Warrior should be done and re-completable now.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Symphony

Symphony Horny Mushroom

Feb 18, 2015
    Female
    New England
    Marzipan
    F/P Wizard
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?
    When Biohazard and I put on crush rings.

Can you describe the bug in detail? If not, can you provide a screenshot/video of the bug?
    He purchased the "Crossed Hearts" crush ring from the CS. We both are wearing it but do not see the effect it is suppose to give. However, other people can see it.

Swords and hearts are suppose to be over our heads. The people wearing the ring as well as everyone else are suppose to be able to see the swords.

Can you provide a step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug? (Please be as specific as possible.)

Extra information: (Optional)

5. VonBIT

VonBIT Pac Pinky

Dec 22, 2014
    Sharkbait
    Islander
    Think I remember the same thing happening to me and my bae, Gi.

We had to relog / go to Cash Shop / something.

6. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    It's fixed like this...
    If one person can't see it, the other person has to remove it and put it back on. And vise versa.

7. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?

On the boat from Leafre to Orbis.

Well me and Kat were waiting for the boat to leave, and when the boat left, she went on the regular boat but I went on a phantom boat and it didn't have a timer. It was a scare phantom never-ending phantom boat and I couldn't speak in To All chat on it. After Kat got to Orbis, I was still on the Phantom boat. Had to relog and then it just dumped me in to Leafre

It's supposed to take me to Orbis without trying to kidnap me.
    Can you provide a step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug?
    Get on the boat and wait for it to take off. Idk, I rode it multiple times before. Idk what happened.
    Extra information:
    I have ALOT of milk.

8. KB

KB Red Snail

Mar 2, 2015
    Male
    KBchan
    Shadower
    The Quest "I'm Bored 2" doesn't give its reward.

9. Navi

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    Moderator Post
    Should be fixed with other quest bugs.
    Fixed
    Both should be fixed. Unconfirmed if fixed on the spamming SP (added additional server side checks though).
    Should be fixed with all other quest bugs.
    Were you playing a mini-game before the ship took off?

• Like Like x 1
  10. DrunkSadist

DrunkSadist Blue Snail

Feb 25, 2015
    Male
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug? Kerning City

Can you describe the bug in detail? If not, can you provide a screenshot/video of the bug? After completing the quest "I'm Bored 2", Icarus has no further quests and only flavor text when speaking to him is turning in the "I'm Bored 2". (Though you do not actually keep getting exp and potions.)

What is suppose to happen? At level 11, after completing the I'm Bored quests his next question should be Intimidating Octopuses

Can you provide a step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug? Attempt to complete all quests given.

Extra information: None Needed for this bug.

Where did you find and/or notice this bug? Ant Tunnel

Can you describe the bug in detail? If not, can you provide a screenshot/video of the bug? Equipping a potion for pet Auto-HP enables sound and brings maplestory to full screen regardless of settings set.

What is suppose to happen? It should have no affect on the settings the user has.

Can you provide a step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug? Equip a potion to Pet Auto-HP.

Extra information: (Optional)

11. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    2:21 PM
    Moderator Post
    Can I have a screenshot of your settings screen when you change stuff next time? I have not heard any complains from all our users so far. However, I know when full screen nor window mode is selected the game always goes to window mode, never had it other way around, or sound issue is very strange as well.

12. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    8:21 PM
    I think I know what's causing this problem. It has happened to me before. What happens is when you equipping a potion for auto-hp or auto-mp, the settings screen pops up requiring you to change the HP/MP alert level if you want, then click OK before the pot is actually equipped. What happened to you is probably that this setting screen also had the option for Full-Screen mode checked and Mute Sounds unchecked (even though you muted sound or switched to windows mode previously), so when you clicked OK these settings were applied, and you went into full-screen with sound enabled.

This should be solved by equipping the pot, then checking and changing all other settings apart from HP/MP to the way you want it, before clicking OK. If I'm not wrong you only need to do this once and it should not bother you again the next time (meaning it should follow whatever settings you have at that time so you don't need to keep checking and changing it each time you equip a potion). For some strange reason when you equip pots for the first time the confirmation settings are different from your current settings (I suppose it shows the default setting, which is full screen with sound).

13. Navi

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    Moderator Post
    I believe the quest was not added in GMS until a later version. I think it came out with Astaroth and all those OP starter hats.

14. DrunkSadist

DrunkSadist Blue Snail

Feb 25, 2015
    Male
    The quests all lead up to the ones that get you a random Icarus Cape (1, 2, or 3) which was released in 0.17

15. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    No sir we weren't

16. ROFLS

ROFLS Mushmom

Jan 9, 2015
    Considering that 'fully functioning rings' are boasted about in the server features thread, it would be nice to not run into this issue.
    OnionHot

17. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Hm?
    It says
    -Friendship rings & couple rings working

Nowhere does it say "fully" cause we know they are not fully working yet, but we get to rings when we are done with the other stuff, soon :)

Marriage rings are currently only working 3rd person.

Also, the feature topic is kind of outdated atm, its from Closed Beta. A lot of more should be added into that list, hehe.

18. Gi

Gi Windraider

Dec 29, 2014
    Male

I want to nominate this for best bug report ever :D!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Neko

Neko Wolfspider

Dec 26, 2014
    Neko / Inumimi lvl 6x BM
    Bishop
    Project <3
    this is exactly why you should buy the pink shoes instead (x

20. VonBIT

VonBIT Pac Pinky

Dec 22, 2014
    Sharkbait
    Islander
    I have a feeling something bad happened lmfao.

Someone else said the same thing was happening earlier, where they couldn't equip, drop, sell, something. And then someone earlier was saying that they had a hat equip in their overall slot or something. And when they dropped the hat it dropped their overall, or something like that.

OnionScared

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.