1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Teleport Portal connecting Top and Bottom platform of Deep Ludi Maps

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Diziple, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Diziple

Diziple Pac Pinky

Jun 23, 2017
    Male
    5:07 PM
    HappyGuY
    Dragon Knight
    None
    Not too sure if someone had mentioned this before but it does give players an alternative option of a new grinding spot which can provide decent exp returns. Right now the exp rate is just atrocious.

Currently, players who reaches the bottom platforms of the maps have to go through a tedious process of climbing up to the top, or having to enter the FM and pray that it brings them back to the top of the map.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  2. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    yes plz good old unity.
    the maps are a pain to climb up

3. AioriaX

AioriaX Selkie Jr.

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    AioriaX
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    I support this idea. Doesn't break the game considering Ludi maps are pretty deserted anyway. At least this QOL change can improve any grinding process here and not make it so unattractive. A lot of the Ludi mobs have under-rated good drops and if any QOL change can make the maps more attractive it would certainly open up alternative maps for training.

4. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    2:07 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    A work-around to larger maps is party-training. You cover spawn in one location, and your party member(s) clear other areas you cannot reach. This maximizes mobs killed per respawn.

Although adding warp portals in large, high-density maps like Ludi sounds like a good idea on paper, it makes these maps more susceptible to single-mage leeching (e.g. Windraiders). That's an area of balance you would have to also consider.

Edit:

Just FYI - there are maps with a mechanic specifically designed around this problem of vertical mobility. Swimming in Aqua Road allows you to move up and down a map with ease, and it's made much, MUCH more efficient with buffs like haste.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. SwordnBoard

SwordnBoard Selkie Jr.

Jun 17, 2017
    Male
    10:07 AM
    SwordnBoard
    Paladin
    TeaDrinkers
    Id say make it something earnable rather than just useable outright, lock it to an NPC you can use after killing papu or something similar.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    3:07 AM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    just find a whole party to suboptimally grind with u bro

most deep ludi maps are deep BOOTY. i feel that to make educated suggestions for buffing/revamping we need to provide our own data and experiences on what makes them so subpar (preferably on an individual, per-map level). planning to do this with a couple characters of my own, but they aren't to that level yet.

the portal idea is good IMO because these maps are so damn big/tall that half the problem is navigating them in the first place.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  7. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    You're making the assumption that map potentials are designed around and limited to individual play, which is just not true.
    Look at 5-6 and the difference between single and duo clearing.
    Now imagine adding a TP to Shaolin.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    3:07 AM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    oh sorry, i meant suboptimal compared to every good grinding spot in the game. the EXP:HP ratios on most deep ludi maps (combined with a bunch of other hindrances like sucky layout, sucky drops) are just not good enough to be competitive or near-competitive with the most popular training maps (except for niche cases like F/P at DTs, afk bowman/sniper at vikings, white knight at DGPs??) even if you've got an elite party dedicated to training at those ludi maps (which is almost never the case).

9. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    EXP/HP ratio isn't everything especially when you're given downtime between spawns due to the power spikes in the mid-3rd job levels. The reason why CDs is OP is because new spawn can be forced so you have very little downtime.
    There seems to be a huge bias towards mob-based skills as well, where sometimes single-target skills may have the edge.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    5:07 AM
    DMsRebirth
    Even with a teleporter deep ludi maps won't compare to the more meta maps like himes.

11. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    In theory, places like Gigantic Spirit Viking offer a higher total map exp/spawn than Himes, with 28 mob count at 5200 exp per kill.
    Himes offers 16 mob count at 6400 per kill. However, this method of analysis doesn't paint the whole picture. Certain maps recently received a buff for respawn time, meaning as you kill part of your mob, there is a chance more will spawn, leading to less down time.

Obviously one person isn't going to be able to kill all 28 Gigantic Spirit Vikings each respawn. Neither is a duo with all 16 Dreamy Ghosts.
    However, with more people, you get closer to reaching your optimal output of exp, and party exp mechanic is extremely friendly in Legends.

12. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    5:07 AM
    DMsRebirth
    Spawn rate in Maplestory has no effect on spawn time, instead it's a multiplier (or more like divisor) on the total number of spawns on the map.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Are you sure about that? With the latest changes, the spawn time of mobs seem to be much quicker from my observations.
    For example, Skeles spawn rate is ~3 genesis casts. In other buffed maps, spawn seems to occur before this.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Joolahn

Joolahn Dark Stone Golem

Aug 1, 2017
    Male
    Joolahn
    Night Lord
    California
    Hehe, just since you weren't sure if someone had mentioned this before:
    upload_2020-9-25_19-20-36.png

But yes, 100% support this concept. I see 3 scenarios:
    - Scenario 1: A teleporter makes the maps relevant, fairly effective for training, and in a balanced state.
    - Scenario 2: A teleporter doesn't make the maps relevant or effective enough for training: have the spawn rate buffed.
    - Scenario 3: A teleporter makes the maps too OP: implement a 'split' teleport system (which may also encourage party training/discourage leeching).
    upload_2020-9-25_19-47-35.png

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    6:07 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Give me the name which map spawns much faster than it should be. Sadly i havent seen any map fast like that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    9:07 PM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Dual Ghost Pirates spring to mind. i solo the bottom platform and they'll almost instantaneously respawn.

17. OP
    OP
    Diziple

Diziple Pac Pinky

Jun 23, 2017
    Male
    HappyGuY
    Dragon Knight
    None
    i think a game dev should confirm if this is implementable in the first place before we discuss any further. Of course some balances are required to certain deep ludi maps as they have insane nos of spawns as compared to the others.

However, I still think that the vast area of the map to be covered should still be taken a look at, and to free up ‘meta’ maps if someone wishes to find an alternative training spot elsewhere.

18. AioriaX

AioriaX Selkie Jr.

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    AioriaX
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    I think with an exception to Dual Ghost Pirates which has a really sick spawn rate, most of the deep Ludibrium maps will not compare to meta-training areas due to mob-accessability per skill cast.

In your example, in a map like Shaolin which already has broken EXP per mob, you still hit at least 10 mobs per AOE cast like Genesis/Meteo/Blizzard. However in a widely-spaced map like deep Ludibrium where the mobs are so sparse, it would require a great deal of repositioning and jumping down platforms/teleporting left or right with risk of falling to optimally position yourself to hit a larger number of mobs per AOE cast.

For someone who sells card hunting service and frequently travel around Deep Ludi maps, I can vouch that this is difficult even in comparison to Lower Ascent where the platforms are so uniformly-placed that all you need to do is jump down three-four times with minimal horizontal repositioning. But the Ludibrium maps are extensively, much bigger than Lower Ascent and have more non-uniformly-placed platforms. They are extensive both horizontally and vertically versus Lower Ascent which is just a drop-cast. Even if one were to eventually find an optimal route for AOE-cast - which in reality requires a lot of repositioning (I mean, go walk around the maps yourself and you'll see what I mean..), the EXP-per-mob is still not as broken as compared to Windraiders for that given level of leech.

It is true that speaking in theory and hypothesis may not translate to what actually happens after implementation, but its pretty forseeable that most of the deep Ludi maps (with the exception of Dual Ghost Pirates) will doubtfully lead to a new EXP-breaking-leech-meta with the implementation of this teleport. If anything at all, it just opens up an easier way for questing or gear/card hunting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    True but arent we talking about grinding places that arent conducive to leech? Like for the 3rd job characters that actually grind instead of leeching with a mage.

There's already enough leech places with ulu existing, I doubt we need to focus on the efficiency of mage ults in this discussion.

20. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    7:07 PM
    Bishop, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    temple of time has similar hidden portals on some of it's maps & it's a newer area than ludi. why not balance the older maps with elements of the newer design?

• Agree Agree x 1