1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Event Raffle

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Test, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Test

Test Slime

May 15, 2020
    3:58 PM
    This is not a suggestion that can be implemented for this event, but I think it's something I'd like for future events to make it more bearable.

The cost for each roll is too high with a high chance of no payout, which makes rolling actively painful and creates negative enjoyment for playing the event. I think it would be a lot more fun to be able to roll a lot more even if the payouts are equally worthless.

I played the entire month long event and saved up enough for only 5 rolls today, 3 days before the end of the event (I have enough pearls to exchange for more rolls later, but I assume many casual players will also have as much trouble as I did reaching that amount). I received 3 hats, firecrackers, and a 1% CSS. This is probably expected, but since the cost of the rolls was so high it made me feel like I just got slapped in the face after working all month to accumulate enough cubes for the measly 5 rolls.

If the cost of rolling was just let's say...5 ice cubes, with a 70% chance of getting something in the same tier as ice cream pops, 25% chance of getting something like teleport cokes, 4.99% chance of getting something like capes and chairs, and 0.01% chance of getting something legendary (or scaled to whatever the existing chances are because I have no idea how to balance things), I think it wouldn't feel as bad to roll. Rolling a couple times every few days and getting mostly things on the ice cream pops and teleport cokes tier items just feels unlucky, it doesn't feel like you saved up a months worth of resources just to get a couple NX hats you'll never wear and immediately recycle for -40 ice cubes.

I get the event is just added fun and you're not supposed to be guaranteed to get something valuable out of it or the game market would crash, but the current difficulty of accumulating ice cubes for a player who doesn't grind 50 hours a week along with the cost of a roll makes it negatively fun to play the event. I don't care if I get nothing, just adjust the roll costs so that it doesn't feel like I'm wasting my entire life savings.

For comparison, Gach tickets are fun to use. (The following drop rates are somewhat made up, I do not track the amount of items I pick up, but you should get the point.) I can just spend an hour grinding somewhere casually for some cards or quests and I can get like 1-2 gach tickets. Most of these tickets yield a weapon I immediately npc for like 50k mesos or a scroll I just toss on the floor, but it doesn't actively hurt to roll. I've never gotten an item worth more than a few mil from my 4 months of playing ML, but that's fine. On the other for hand, grinding an hour in non efficient ways yields me maybe 25 ice boxes which seem to give 2 cubes at a ~10% rate, so an estimated average of 10 hours of grinding monsters to get the chance to roll ONCE!, where I'll probably just get a NX hat I toss straight into the recycler. This is demoralizing to say the least...

As an extra plus, allowing more rolls normalizes the tiers of items people get. It becomes less likely that a user gets only the lowest tier of items and they're more likely to be able to get a few of the uncommon items, which pads out the feeling of only getting hot garbage.

I can see the possibility that making the rolls cheaper will make it harder for the large population of hard core grinders who will accumulate thousands of ice cubes to exchange for rolls. A possible fix for this is to make it easy to exchange it for 10x, 50x, 100x or however many increments of boxes that they can just bind to a key and hold down to open. Presumably they're likely to get the same small set of (stackable) worthless items, so they don't have to clear out their inventories too often.

I don't know...perhaps there are reasons for keeping it how it is now, I'm not a game designer. I just wanted to point out that the current system is incredibly frustrating for the more casual players.

• Agree Agree x 9
  2. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    6:58 PM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    I was able to get 116 gachapons (97 blue & 19 silver) by the time I farmed 948 boxes which turned into 142 cubes (not even 3 raffles...). I agree raffle prices are too much especially when AP resets got made significantly cheaper with the bundling. The only reason to hardcore farm events now is if you need resets imo which makes events feel like a waste of time to me usually.

• Like Like x 4
  3. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    6:58 AM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    10 hours for 1 raffle?

it used to be 1hr 1 raffle last christmas event and it was afk grinding at mannequins .

4. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Why are you actively grinding this event, you are getting this event wrong.
    From the first week of this event, many of us on forum already suggested that this event should be mostly played by afking at the tree.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Test

Test Slime

May 15, 2020
    1) That doesn't give that many ice cubes either. It takes 100 trees to get 6 rolls. With 10 minutes minimum per tree, it takes 16 hours of the community constantly spamming trees to reach that point and no one has the sunshine to maintain that.
    2) What's the point of playing if all you do is afk at tree? I don't think that's the point of the event either.
    3) I never said I was actively grinding the event. I was saying that the suggesting that the only way to get any reasonable number of rolls is by grinding the boxes for the ice cubes. Relying solely on trees won't get you very far either. The point is regardless of the method of getting cubes (boxes, dailies, trees), they're all incredibly tedious for very few rolls. And I'm not even complaining about the contents of the roll, I'm just saying that having a month's worth of effort wiped in 3 seconds feels like a slap in the face.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    6:58 PM
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    My husband and I started playing the server the day the event was released. I have only gotten enough cubes for 2 draws. I got an ice cream hat and a min stat purple adventure Cape. He was able to reach 4 raffles, because he got 3 hats and turned them in to try again just to get another hat.

We both work full time and play almost all of our free time. We did as many trees as we could do, but as we work all day we only really got 1 or 2 a day during the week. We were able to do more on the weekend.

The amount of pearls he was able to accumulate was 305 total. I was able to get about 300. We both used them before the latest patch because we weren't going to make it to 500 and we wanted some of the hair and face styles. They added 250 in the most recent patch.

It was kind of disappointing how hard it was to gather the necessary items to participate in the raffle and then getting a bad item from it. We aren't super high level and can't just clear whole maps at a time. We've grinded to level 67-72 by ourselves. The event didn't seem super friendly to new users.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Not every event is the best for everyone really. This is a more afk event after the madness we had during the spring/anniversary with like what 6 daily quest to complete everyday (?).

But really, don't grind for cubes for this event, you will be killing yourself. The drop rate and box to cube rate are just not worth it for the teleport cokes.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    This might sound like feedback, becauseitisbutletsgo!

Even the events for me is annoying to get pearls over, the jump quest only gives 2 pearls which most players can't time their jumps correctly get hit by something that they don't see and get themself yeeted to the bottom on the map and attempt to retry it or just leave and afk in the FM. I've seen this happen about 5 times by the same few people. So they go to the tree for the most out of the event but then get glitched out to not having found their pearl go out come back in attempting to re-loot the precious to having to @dispose and try again to having the drops nuked from its time limit, thus making the pearls have a new better mechanic where the tree would only spit out your pearl. Which is nice don't get me wrong, its just having to see people go to extremes for something and then get discouraged to donate or even go to the tree thinking that the tree is sort of a 'scam' by the system. (its not, just saying this as an example)

I like what they did with the event and how to get its goodies, but having Hidden Street: Maple Hill capped out of spots and the rest of the community doesn't get to acquire as much and feel left out is sort of a huge deal for events, I understand that theres a "first come first serve" but having about 2,000 people playing the server and the map is like about 100 cap? maybe.. I have no idea and having about 2,000 or more players go into the map sort of pushing the other players to only doing Cassandra or Jump Quest leaves them with a dissatisfaction of not being able to the most out of pearls being 5.

Which then the mechanic of refreshing the 'afk campers' I guess you could say (yes, I too was this disgusting afk Maple Hill camper. exdee) to free up slots so that new players can enter Hidden Street: Maple Hill to get the nut that we all long for to get some goodies from a talking mushroom given the name "Festival Ice Cream Coordinator" in mushroom game.

Although I do thank everyone in the staff team that come up with these ideas for events and workarounds to give the players what they want but it is difficult for some players, to get valuable items from Aramia or Festival Ice Cream Coordinator.

TL;DR let there be more than one way to acquire event items other than one way being Hidden Street: Maple Hill(5 pearls), Florina Beach Jump Quest(2 pearls), Cassandra Maple Quiz(2 pearls, 1 icebox)

9. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    Some events might be like this in the future but don't let that discourage you, continue to play mushroom game, it will get better althoughsomepeoplemightlosethiermaportryingtoscrolltheiritemslikeme but hey, thats part of the game that everyone loves right? :D

Lots of people including you helped me rethink quite a few things from the past and even up til now, uhm.. yeah.. so.. juststillplaymushroomgame oaky bye

10. rambo

rambo Pink Teddy

Apr 13, 2020
    Male
    21blvck
    Bring back mannies!

11. OP
    OP
    Test

Test Slime

May 15, 2020
    I see your point. I do agree it was way better than the previous event where it was an actual chore to participate. This one felt way more relaxed. It was definitely a great event for those who wanted to kick back and chill out after the previous event.

And don't get me wrong, I think this was a pretty good event. I enjoyed the boss rush party quest. My friends and I started off the event dying to Manon and ended it timing how fast we could clear Leviathan. We had a lot of fun screaming at each other in Discord to log on for the tree. I even managed to lower the amount of time it took me to complete the jump quest from 15 min to 3 min.

The only part I'm complaining about is the ending. The results of everyone's month long work was probably a measly single digit number if rolls unless you grinded for cubes or lived in Maple. All that effort resulted in just 3 seconds of disappointment. I ended up getting something good from the raffle, and so did a lot of my friends. They probably had the probabilities turned up, but I still stand by my opinion that it would've felt better for the probabilities to be turned further down and to get to roll more. The end result may be that I might not have gotten that valuable item, but I think I would've left satisfied.

Outside of this summer event and the last anniversary event, the only other event I played was the previous summer event briefly. I remember the boxes dropped everywhere. We got so much bait and my friends and I would sit together and just roll for 10 min every now and then, laughing about the trash we got. I recall I got so many duck tubes that event, but the duck tubes I got didn't feel like burdens like the NX hats from this event. I just tossed them out without a care and happily played on. I enjoyed that feeling and perhaps you may not agree, which is fine. I just needed to share my opinion somewhere so perhaps the GMs can take it into account for future events. I enjoy the community they have built and hope they can continue making it better. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1