1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

MapleStory Lore (Facts/Questions)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Down4Senpai, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Down4Senpai

Down4Senpai King Slime

Dec 14, 2020
    4:06 AM
    White Knight

NPCs

[​IMG] Alcaster (El Nath)

The Book of Ancient | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25yTtvbBAYo

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

[​IMG] Maya and [​IMG] Lionel

MapleStory Lore - Maya & Lionel | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C63qjr-VIDg

You probably recognize Maya as the sick girl from Henesys and her classic quest Maya and the Weird Medicine, but that questline eventually leads into the story of a Jr. Lioner named Lionel as she nurses it back to health and it's fate afterwards.

It's definitely alluded to throughout the story as being attacked by a wolf and contracting something involving lycanthropy.

Lionel got turned into a lycanthrope through a different source for some reason.

They're just small details like food deliveries and people trying to cheer her up while she's sick, but you do find out Maya's mother was into cooking and has passed away, and Maya gives her mother's recipe for something to Camila as thanks for her salad. Also there's some valentine's day quests that involve Cody's (or your own) crush on her.

Somehow, despite her illness (although through the old quests you're meant to cure her), Maya is one of the few remaining citizens who are alive in Lucid's creation of the future Henesys Ruins.

Bosses

[​IMG] Zakum

Zakum was a spirit sealed in a tree deep in the mines of El Nath. A mining town that once existed nearby eventually discovered this tree. At the time, Zakum was a peaceful monster that had no enemies, but the greed of the miners corrupted it. As the spirit was corrupted, it grew smarter, and finally became capable of controlling the town's populace. It forced them to build an enormous statue in tribute to it.

The now evil spirit of Zakum possessed the statue, subjugated all the humans and eventually killed everyone in the town. Zakum now rests deep in the lava caves, waiting for powerful players to challenge his might.

[​IMG] Horntail

Horntail is an evil power-hungry dragon who rebelled against the Nine Spirits' rule and distorted the area with evil in order to kidnap an egg of Nine Spirit Dragon and consolidate its power over Minar Forest. Horntail now holds an ambitious wish of ruling over the entire Minar Forest. It now waits for powerful Maplers to enter the Cave of Life to challenge it.

[​IMG] Pink Bean

Pink Bean is an unspecified Transcendent from Bean World. He is a overall pink creature, with a white belly, and purple horns and a purple tail. Being a Transcendent, he has many powers. In Maple World, while Kirston was trying to summon the Black Mage, something went wrong and he instead summoned Pink Bean.

In the Zero storyline, Pink Bean is said to be a past Transcendent, existing before the Goddess Rhinne. This explains why Kirston summoned it instead of freeing the Black Mage in the fight; the Mage himself is a Transcendent. While Kirston did not summon the right Transcendent, he did summon one.

Short Facts

MapleStory got it's name from the "maple leaf".
    Maple - a genus of trees or shrubs

[​IMG]

You can't spell the word "Bishop" without the two letters "OP".

You're playing inside of a book.

The CWKPQ bosses names' backwards:

[​IMG] morgaN
    [​IMG] flasH

[​IMG] anagraM

[​IMG] killeR

[​IMG] griN deR

[​IMG] Black Mage

MapleStory Black Mage: Prologue"Origins" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnfRf2pVeqI

[​IMG]

He was the most powerful mage of Maple World. Despite his youth, his magical talents were far greater than those who taught him. An endless thirst for knowledge led him across the world with only his staff. Then one day he had a realization : "The ultimate light can only be found in the ultimate darkness."

[​IMG]

With those words he vanished into the forest of peace a land untouched by daylight : "But what I'm studying here, it is more than mere power. It is an infinite knowledge that exists just beyond our comprehension." Acknowledge that can complete us, give all of us, that is what I strive for. It had become his life's goal saving the world with a perfect transformative light.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But he had no idea what awaited him in the great unknown : "Have I succeeded or failed?" "I've journeyed into the forbidden." "I alone have found what awaits, and it is not the ultimate light. It cannot exist. For as long as there is light, there will always be darkness, an ultimate darkness." Extinction the last of his light, the transcendent reived himself in shadow.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In the wake of his form, a great chaos engulfed the world. Maple World plunged into darkness. Locked in struggle against his forces. Hope began to vanish. For many, it seemed that their beloved world was coming to an end. But then a great beacon shone forth a light that summons the world's greatest heroes to battle.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It was a brutal struggle with countless sacrifices, but in the end, six heroes came together to seal the black mage. This tale began hundreds of years ago, but it continues to this day. Having broken free from his seal, the black mage has drawn ever closer to his final cataclysmic goal, and you will be there to stop him. For you are the legendary hero of maple word.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

"The shape of destiny has been twisted." "A new adversary has appeared with the power of the seal stone." You are the great adversary, the one hope against the black mage. This moment when the transcendent of time has been broken, when the transcendent of life has been scattered, and the transcendent aona's power has been played by darkness.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is the moment the black mage has awaited. But he over looked one thing, Maple World has not been idle. Join the battle and end this conflict once and for all!

What was the "truth" that the black mage found out about that made him turned to darkness?

At some point after his Transcendence, the White Mage learned the true reason the Transcendents exist: not of governors of reality, but as chains of law to hold back the old gods. The universe wanted certainty; the universe wanted a predictable future. Furious at being bound to fate, the Black Mage chose to rebel against his nature. The White Mage is no more.

The mercenary comments that he is no longer worthy of the title, and gives him the new title of the “Black Mage”. The now-evil Black Mage strikes down the mercenary with ease and leaves the scene to amass an army.

What does the black mage's face look like without his hoodie?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  2. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    1:06 PM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I found this the rought way but Nagrom on this server is named Heron x-x

The Black mage used to look like this:
    [​IMG]

Altho on that time he was the White Mage, exploring the Darl Forest he became what he is today. We never saw his face after but perhaps he still being good looking and would totaly smash 100%

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    11:06 PM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Thats waesome

4. OP
    OP
    Down4Senpai

Down4Senpai King Slime

Dec 14, 2020
    White Knight
    Website: https://maplelore.wordpress.com/2015/03/15/hello-world/

After reading some lore, I found out the truth. I just updated it under the question. It's the truth of the "Transcendents". Finally, I can rest easy on that question. Wow! That took awhile to find out the answer in general. -sigh- I don't know if he's a good guy or bad guy though at this time. The problem isn't him turning to darkness. The problem is him hurting other creatures after he turned into darkness. All this leveling, equips, and quests is because of 1 guy lol. I have no idea if he was right or wrong for turning "evil" for the truth. If only the Maple Heroes could've like controlled him and/or talked him out of it and try to revert his form. After reading the lore a bit from the top of the website, DAMN! He really wasn't bad at first :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Darkness and Dark Magic are often thought to be evil but as you said its what you do with it what matters. If any thing one fo the Maple Heros: Luminous uses Dark Magic, and one of the members of the Resistance: the Battle Mage does as well.

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Down4Senpai

Down4Senpai King Slime

Dec 14, 2020
    White Knight
    Zakum was a good spirit before. :( Wow, Horntail was mean right from the start. Shame on him >:C

7. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Everyone that ever killed a Mr. Alli is evil too:
    upload_2020-12-19_15-30-27.png
    I slayed multiple of these peacefull creatures to get a ring that makes me stronger.

8. OP
    OP
    Down4Senpai

Down4Senpai King Slime

Dec 14, 2020
    White Knight
    Nooo! Omg! I swear so many monsters were peaceful. :( Literally it was chaos to peaceful then to chaos again (but was it for a good reason or no?) (even if he turned into darkness, did the black mage had to hurt others?"

Born in the continent of Edelstein, and having studied aspects of eternal life with the alchemists of Magatia as well as being gifted in the realm of magic, he was powerful, but sought a reason for all the suffering in the world. After travelling the world, he went into seclusion to study the magic of the Light. He, is the third Transcendent, the Transcendent of Light.

If we could fight the black mage in this version, I would WHOOP him.

9. SaviorSword

SaviorSword Dark Stone Golem

Feb 9, 2020
    Male
    Aiur
    6:06 AM
    SaviorSword
    Paladin
    Bonfire
    Someday ya will cover smaller storylines like Maya and Lionel?

10. OP
    OP
    Down4Senpai

Down4Senpai King Slime

Dec 14, 2020
    White Knight
    If I can, sure I don't mind. Actually there's a video that explains it all, that's pretty cool! I included the youtube link and included his facts instead of opinions of what he said for most of the straight-forward lore.

11. SiriusPlaque

SiriusPlaque Slime

May 15, 2020
    7:06 AM
    I sure would like a tldr version of what Alcaster’s long af questline was about...

Lmao also red nirg being grinder spelled backwards was something I did not see coming

12. FatSloth

FatSloth Windraider Retired Staff

Nov 15, 2020
    Male
    6:06 AM
    FatSloth
    Buccaneer
    ImACatMeow
    The zakum storyline is surprisingly entertaining. Other lore bits ive read are very hit or miss

13. OP
    OP
    Down4Senpai

Down4Senpai King Slime

Dec 14, 2020
    White Knight
    Actually the same guy that made the video about "Maya and Lionel" lore is the same one that did a video about Alcaster and the book of ancient. I posted the link to his video.

14. OP
    OP
    Down4Senpai

Down4Senpai King Slime

Dec 14, 2020
    White Knight
    Added the "MapleStory Black Mage: Prologue "Origins" video and information. I had to edit and type a bit of it because the transcript didn't match the video sometimes.

15. Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Down4Senpai

Down4Senpai King Slime

Dec 14, 2020
    White Knight
    What you mean, of course I can't make up my own lore. I even linked the videos and website to where I got it from. Don't try to make me look bad lmfao No shit, I'm not gonna make my own lore for MapleStory. LOL And 100% of the short facts are stuff that I came up with it, but no shit, it's Neckson's, but you don't see me trying to clown someone when in reality all of this is from Neckson. Sorry Tim, you don't win this time.

It's called Lore, not, "My MapleStory Lore". You smokin some shit right now homie. I'm surprised this low IQ post is coming from the rank 1 shadower. I guess anything can happen. Perfect example of someone trying to take something neutral and make it negative, not surprised it's from Blu.

At this point, everyones' guides should all be taken down since we didn't come up with the pictures and names for maplestory items. MapleF13 Come with an IGN that doesn't involve a rapper's name as well, come up with an original name. tHaT sHiT iS wAcK dUdE

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu_(rapper)

For example: My IGN is from a youtuber named "dray86". It's the name of a series he made called "Maple Kombat". That's why you don't use youtube alot , cause you only use it to find something negative, got it.

Have a snicker's bar, you're not acting like yourself lately, or this probably is you lets be honest. I know you're smarter than this Blu, I pray to god someone was on your forums account cause you ain't this clueless. When your fucking sensei does this shit to you, makes you check yourself if you in the right spot. The real Blu301 isn't a fucking clown so I don't know who the fuck you are on his account.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fpIxIzg4fE

[​IMG]

17. OP
    OP
    Down4Senpai

Down4Senpai King Slime

Dec 14, 2020
    White Knight
    "The real Blu301 isn't a fucking clown so I don't know who the fuck you are on his account, but you need to log off and give him his shit back right now."

18. Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    Your last comments are so ugly man, taking a bunch of irrelevant personal shots. It's beyond cringe, this is not about "winning" anything bud. I'm a content creator for a living, I know it's not right to post other peoples' content in the manner that you did. I realize you posted links I'm not blind, but you should be very clear at the start that none of this shit is yours not everyone's going to check your sources and realize you just copy-pasted. You took almost everything word for word and even took screenshots from the video and wrote out the text as if it was your writing, like it's just misleading, why even do that if the video link is right there... Just because this is a forum of some niche MS private server doesn't make it right to jack content ambiguously.

That was a nasty, gross ass overreaction from you. Good night

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    Down4Senpai

Down4Senpai King Slime

Dec 14, 2020
    White Knight
    I never said I was trying to win anything LOL I'm just stating facts, I didn't read the rest of your post, you lost me at the beginning. Sorry, you can reply all you want, I'm not talking to the real Blu301. You're just repeating what you said, "not everyone's going to check your sources." What???? Doesn't change the fact that I linked it and they know I got it from there O_O They don't have to check it out. You good right now? Not surprised you didn't talk about the stuff I said about the "guides", it's all good, it is impossible to prove something is wrong when it's right. Just go to sleep Blu I agree, good night. You aching of energy right now and you say random stuff that doesn't make sense. Come on man. No disrespect to you, but you need to check yourself. Of course your friends will agree, they're all yes men, you could do something bad, they wouldn't know about it. It's sad man, I know I'm not talking to the real you.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    no i'm seeing clearly. the manner in which you reposted so much content word for word without making clear none of it is yours isn't ethical. you should provide clear credit at the start especially when taking so much, and put things you take directly in quotes or identify by other means that it's not yours, not just throw out some links... people work hard to create content, and it only takes you 5 seconds to copy-paste, the least you can do is attribute them decently. and what's more, you copied so much word for word, it's just rude and lazy. you didn't add anything at all of your own to the content you jacked either, so you might as well have just posted the links.

you can stay ignorant and lash out about nonsense if you want but this wasn't right by you. and don't talk at someone the way you just did and then say "no disrespect," that's double trash. you meant hella disrespect, even if you edited your comments to be slightly less offensive, you might as well own it next time.