1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The forum guide!

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Clown, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    10:06 AM
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    So hello guys, as far as I know there is no real forum guide yet, and my motto if is it helps anyone it is worth it so here we go:

Step 1: Make an account:

After this you can do multiple things and I will list them all below, Control+F any of the topic below to go straight to the video.

• Update your profile
    • Post something
    • All options when creating a thread
    • Responding to a thread
    • Find something
    • Contact someone personally (create a link for easy multiple person conversations)
    • Create a signature
    • Insert gifs

Update you profile
    Do you want to show off ur awsome level, guild, country or whatever, update your profile. It will be displayed below your name at every message you post.

I will also in this video quickly show where you can find all settings related to your account and privacy.

Post something
    To post something you go to the topic your post belongs in. First you check if there is an prefered layout developed by the gms (see example in video for the bug report). Then check if you need to add a prefix and if so which one. After you've entered your message create the thread.

All options when creating a thread
    When creating a thread there are multiple possible things to change regarding layout context and style.

Edit: Besides the three options shown when making a thread (Bold, underlined, and cursive) there is also a hidden option you can use to strike through text. You need to enter the code for this manually. You do this by adding
    Code:
    [s] 
    before the text you want to strike through, and
    Code:
    [/s]
    after the text you want to strike through.

Responding to a thread
    Responding to a thread is really easy, just go to the bottom of the page and write your message.

NOTE: there are a couple rules regarding commenting to a thread.
    (you should have read all of these when signing up Kappa kleein.png for your account but the most broken ones I will link below)

1. Do not bump your thread more then once per 24 hours. (What does this mean? Well the main page on the forum shows 10-30 (10 standard) threads, the 10 threads in where the latest posts have been placed. By adding a comment that thread will be placed at the top again (usefull for selling stuff for example) Aka Bumping the thread)
    2. When you want to respond to multiple people use the multiquote option to prevent making multiple posts (example in the video below)
    3. Use common sense, we are all here for our fun, respect peoples opinions and repect the staff, we are all here to have a nice experience, both in game and on the forums.
    4. No grammar nazis SucreSucre (unless it really makes you happy)

Find something
    I personally sometimes struggle to find the thread I need. The way you can search is using the search bar. To improve your searches you can also add the person who created the thread. Another way is to go to a certain topic and try to find it there. Finally there is a nice guide directory* which includes a lot of the main guides

*http://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/guide-directory.5635/#post-47991

Contact someone personally (create a link for easy multiple person conversations)
    The method I show in the video is not the only method, you can also acces private conversations through clicking on inbox top right. This would have shown my private messages (which normally would not have mattered but in this case it wouldve)

Create a signature
    What is a signature? Well it is the text that stand below all of your messages. This is generally used to show what you as a player support (includes guild stuff, memories in game, or interresting real life things). I do not believe there currently is a limit to the size of your signature but please realize if you make it too big you will stretch out threads massively.

While in normal threads you got an option to upload a file, in your signature this is not possible and you will have to use links to insert pictures.

Insert gifs

This is a bit tricky at least it was for me. You need to find a gif and upload it (as far as I know it is not possible to directly upload a gif to a thread/message)
    The site I use is imgur, it should be pretty self explainatory how to upload gifs to imgur. you use this link to insert the gif by using the media option (top of the message/thread, when typing it).

If there are any questions/comments please let me know and I will try to respond as quickly as possible

Someone is annoying you?

The forum contains a lot of users, some who you might not agree with. While this is in essence no problem, it could be the case that you get aggitated by this person. Since we all aim to gain a postive experience from the game aswell as from the forums I would advice you to ignore this person. This makes sure that you dont see posts anymore for this person nor his/her shoutbox posts.

Simply click the person you would like to ignore and click ignore*. Enjoy your forum experience!

upload_2017-10-31_14-18-9.png

* If at any point you would like to revert this choice, simply click your name and find the person under "People You Ignore"

upload_2017-10-31_14-30-56.png

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    • Like Like x 13
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    More guides (sections) might be added in the future.

3. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    ''repect''
    Funny how you mention a grammar nazi after you make a grammar mistake.

4. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    5:06 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    I correct grammar for people to polish their posts and learn better english, not because I want to annoy :/

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Well in that case thank you very much.

6. Diego

Diego Capt. Latanica

Jun 7, 2015
    3:06 AM
    I love you Tim

• Like Like x 2
  7. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    4:06 AM
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    Nice guide ^^ will add to the directory ~

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Added a small section explaining how to strike through text since I think not everyone knows how to do this yet.

• Like Like x 1
  9. beamcasting

beamcasting Capt. Latanica

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    New york America
    yiko (banned)
    Bishop
    Hogwarts
    how about u teach me how to do a spoiler senpai

10. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    upload_2016-8-19_23-51-46.png

• Like Like x 2
  11. beamcasting

beamcasting Capt. Latanica

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    New york America
    yiko (banned)
    Bishop
    Hogwarts
  12. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    • Like Like x 1
  13. lenny

lenny Slime

Jun 12, 2020
    How do I like a post SlimeCry

14. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    11:06 AM
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    On the bottom-right of the post there should be a few different reaction options.

• Like Like x 2
  15. JOmVIe

JOmVIe Blue Snail

Sep 3, 2017
    Male
    4:06 PM
    JOmVIe
    Islander
    Southperry
    :tick:

16. Randombish

Randombish Orange Mushroom

Jan 28, 2024
    Notmyrealign
    Bishop
    Funk
    Don't mean to necropost too much, but wheres those buttons lol? upload_2024-1-30_17-9-33.png