1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Add regular items view as cover on actuall item (as nx)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Magen, Dec 29, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Magen

Magen Selkie Jr.

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    6:14 AM
    bishopmage
    Cleric
    active
    have you ever wanted to use regular item style to be as a cover on your actual item you are wearing?
    my suggestion is adding a feature that will enable use item as a cover on your actual item (same as nx).
    what do you think about that ? :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    5:14 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
  3. Duhm

Duhm Red Snail

Dec 29, 2020
    Male
    8:14 PM
    Duhm
    I think you're talking about Fusion Anvils. +1 love this idea

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Zunga

Zunga Mano

Dec 5, 2020
    Zunga
    Beginner
    I love this idea, even if it cost some nx to turn it into a cover item or something along those lines.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    I've mentioned this before and I've got disagree spammed to oblivion wasn't a good experience but yeah, i do agree with you.

Just not sure if other people would change their minds, just a heads up though people might disagree with both of us.
    Onion...

I've even mentioned Scissors of Karma, that experience was also a big yikes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  6. Duhm

Duhm Red Snail

Dec 29, 2020
    Male
    Duhm
    I can see why people disagree with scissors of karma (not for it too tbh) cause it directly effects the market and such (especially with reverse/timeless items). however in terms of anvils:

pros:
    -big introduction of new cosmetics
    -looks cool
    -good nx sink
    cons:
    -might be hard to code
    -Adds to more v2w as you can do "anvil services" although you can already do owl services/smega services so doesn't make that big of a difference
    - increases the risk of scamming (if people dont read the item name correctly)

but all in all if its added into the game, LOVE it. (rip my ap reset money) if they decide not to, "eh" whateva :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. OP
    OP
    Magen

Magen Selkie Jr.

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    6:14 AM
    bishopmage
    Cleric
    active
    any GM opinion? :)

8. Huldra

Huldra Mano

Dec 12, 2020
    10:14 PM
    Beginner
    I always thought this would be awesome to have. There are non-nx equips I really like the looks of but have no reason to wear them (stats insufficient, different class/ other requirements not met). Being able to wear them for cosmetics vs for their effects would be wonderful!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. SaviorSword

SaviorSword Dark Stone Golem

Feb 9, 2020
    Male
    Aiur
    10:14 PM
    SaviorSword
    Paladin
    Bonfire
    I'm afraid that Fusion Anvils are impossible to make here. :(

The only way to work around it is to just make separate versions of actual items as cash items. Kinda like the Liu Bei Dagger and its ilk.

However, that would be a rather ugly way to work around it. I also believe that those items can have Class and Level restrictions, as I believe one of a very few Cash item has a Level restriction as an example.

10. egg301

egg301 Mano

Nov 29, 2020
    Beginner
    bump
    adding all items and making duplicate nx files would bloat the game file alot..
    but this has already been done with agent equips iirc?
    can we start with hats?
    pls