1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Accepted [Suggestion] Non-NX equipment covers

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Soblet, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    7:41 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    What I'd like to suggest is to have all of the regular equipment available as NX covers. I've talked about something like this with with Kimberly in the past and the problem was basically that the game files would become too big because of the huge amount of equips you'd have to have two types of (the regular one and the cover), but since major changes are being made to the server at the moment now would be the time for big changes like this.

Ideally you'd have an equipment item that:
    • Still requires the same lvl/job/stats/fame as the normal equip (so you can't use equips you aren't supposed to be able to use)
    • Has no added stats that the normal equip give you (cosmetic only)
    • Covers up your equipments just like the nx equips do
    • Is available through the cash shop (NX) or ideally an NPC (trade in the equip and get the cover in return with maybe an additional fee)
    • Possibly make it untradeable
    Mostly I'd like to see this to have more diversity and freedom in the wardrobe selection, I've always hated seeing everyone (including me) running around with the same equips (bathrobe/bamboo hat/zakum helm/snowshoes things like that). Sure that's what the NX equips are for but honestly the regular equips look great and this way they might see some more use.

Just a suggestion, feel free to discuss.

• Like Like x 27
    • Agree Agree x 24
    • Great Work Great Work x 4
  2. Vith

Vith Dark Stone Golem

May 6, 2016
    1:41 PM
    Vith
    White Knight
    Yes, I quite agree. For example, some in game weapons have amazing design, and I wish I could use them as a weapon cover instead. It would also be a fun opportunity to dress up in level 8/10/15 armors and play without the loss of stats. Imagine the possibilities.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  3. SYLegend

SYLegend Dark Stone Golem

Mar 6, 2015
    Male
    I think the basic idea of having more of the regular eqs as covers is good. But I somewhat dislike the idea of having an npc who hands these out, which is really the only option if you want to add all automatically (or you'd never find anything in the cs).
    So overall I think it's better to release a certain amount of people's favorites rather than all.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. ChiefBandit

ChiefBandit Slimy

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    8:41 PM
    Mother
    Warrior
    Synergy
    basically you mean fusion anvil with the equips requiements?

• Like Like x 3
  5. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Ah yes I knew I forgot something, weapons and shields would be great to have aswell.

I dislike the custom NPC aswell (or an existing NPC with extra dialogue), but it would work great since it could take the equipment and turn in into a cover. This way the ''rare'' equips like black/blue bandanas/bone helms things like that stay rare. If you'd make them available through the cash shop you could put them under a seperate tab and the search function works quite well.
    I think enabling only favorites would make it lose its charm but idk... maybe

I had to google it since I didn't know what that was. It seems the anvil combines two items into one, using one for the stats and the other for the looks. What I'm suggesting is to have regular equips as item covers just like how NX equips work. So it's not exactly the same thing.

• Like Like x 2
  6. ChiefBandit

ChiefBandit Slimy

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    8:41 PM
    Mother
    Warrior
    Synergy
    The problem with this that rare items can be "bought" with nx for looks, flaming katana for example.
    I think its better that you are requiered to have the equipement inorder to "nx it".
    just my thought if something like this does get implemented.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Bump because I still think this would be great FoxGhost

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    1:41 AM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Just wondering but, why do u dislike having custom NPC? To me, it feels like a good solution to this coz of how event-NX have always been handed out via a NPC :(

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Those were different times :). The culture of trying to be gms-like was more prominent than it is now.

I was surprised to see Rino(?) the NPC that handles the monster book rings when I started playing again last october and it really fit in and was implemented well. The quest ring suggestion NPC looks great too so yea I changed my mind and I'd disagree my own post if I could.

Still this suggestion is awesome and should be considered seriously.

• Like Like x 1
  10. asdfjkliang

asdfjkliang Selkie Jr.

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    Mirage
    Hero
    Influence
    blue sauna robe > bathrobe

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  11. Rehab

Rehab Mushmom

Dec 21, 2016
    Male
    I love it

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Finally

Finally Mano

Feb 20, 2021
    Male
    2:41 PM
    Papylon
    Shadower
    I do like this idea, and you covered my own preocupations about it being tradable (it shouldnt be to avoid any miss-read-shopping on FM). But i do think the only way for this to work with a finess is with a NPC or a quest to gain another skill like the scrolling one.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  13. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    This would look great with the Timeless/reverse equips

• Like Like x 5
  14. Snork

Snork Capt. Latanica

Feb 19, 2018
    Snorf
    Paladin
    Lore
    bump
    I've always dreamt of having this in maplestory...

Perhaps there's a way to have an npc "save your look"? Think transmog for those of you who has played wow, except it saves only what you're currently wearing. You would then be able to apply this look after equipping your actual gear by talking to the npc.

If this is actually feasible it could make for a decent meso sink I guess

• Like Like x 2
  15. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    10:41 AM
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    How big is too big anyway? This game still can’t be any larger than current GMS even with something like a fusion anvil or nx covers added right

• Like Like x 1
  16. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    2:41 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    i liked this in other server that have, i wanna it o/

• Like Like x 2
  17. Snork

Snork Capt. Latanica

Feb 19, 2018
    Snorf
    Paladin
    Lore
    I don't know how spaghetti the code is but maybe it's possible for the covers to use the same file as the regular item

• Like Like x 1
  18. MainSan

MainSan Mushmom

Mar 20, 2022
    Male
    MainSan
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk
    Bumping this.
    My suggestion would be adding an item in the cash shop akin to the name tag- which you could apply to any non-NX equip, permanently turning it into an NX cover item, removing its stats. This way you wouldn't need to add the whole anvil system or make any costume NPC.

• Like Like x 4
    • Creative Creative x 2
  19. LuisJ

LuisJ King Slime

Jul 6, 2017
    Male
    12:41 PM
    LuisJ
    Hero
    Bump. The problem I see with this is that there are many items, but I think we could maybe do like only basic weapons first, and then add only basic class equips.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Redwop

Redwop Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jan 27, 2016
    3:41 AM
    I really think that the idea has potential! I like the consideration you noted about restricting it only to job-specific equips. I would feel confused, for example, if I saw beginners play while wearing a magician robe.

I might just add that I think it's very rare to hear of any player moving to any of the crafting NPCs to "upgrade" their armor or weapon. Crafting in general is not popular. If I may argue, some of the options here are probably best to use for transforming into NX equipment. It might also help players to make use of ores that are considered "useless".

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1