1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

MapleStory Memory Lane

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dance, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Dance

Dance Stone Golem

Dec 21, 2020
    Male
    Fiore
    12:52 AM
    Beginner
    These are things that were discovered and executed back in the day in Old GMS, specifically, the FangBlade and Tiger era. (Funny that a warrior got level 200 before a mage.) MapleLegends is the closest server we have to Old MapleStory.

First, we have the classic, and I mean CLASSIC way of distributing points as a thief.
    +3 LUK +2 DEX.
    Your DEX will always be double the amount of your current level. Example : Level 20 = 40 DEX.
    Yes, it was super expensive to be a dexless thief. Typical Dexless Gear: Brown Bamboo Hat, Sauna Robe, Maple Claw, Black Snowshoes
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Second, spamming this because merchants costed real $$$ in order to set-up.

[​IMG]

Third, if you played maplestory around like 2012ish, there was a game created by one of the servers in GMS called "Drop Game". The first interpretation was going by levels such as "+40 Equips" then later evolved to rare equips then later evolved to gacha only. Yes, we actually dropped the most godly items in order to take others.
    Bera and Windia were the biggest servers to have drop gamers.
    If you had "Pink Adventurer Cape", you were like a god. Seriously.
    Finally, if you were to do this, the advantage is your opponent has to drop their item first to start the game.

[​IMG]

Fourth, hangout spots like the "Henesys Pot Shop" was the best! All kinds of players talked here and sometimes became friends! It was a melting plot of the best thing MapleStory had. Think of it as a cafe. It was really dope!
    This picture was taken from google images, but you get what I mean. Channel 1 was where it was insanely populated, but these guys were probably in their own channel.

[​IMG]

Fifth, guild headquarters! Places like Maya's house were so populated due to people having that as their discussion place and/or want to hangout!
    This picture was taken from google images, but you get what I mean.

[​IMG]

Sixth, you ran out of MP? Well that sucks, you gotta get some MP somehow. Some mages would put a bit of AP into STR, so they can whack the monsters if they ran out of MP. (Very bad, but hey, it was years ago and maplestory was new.)
    [​IMG] (Picking up etc from the ground and selling for pots is a really big deal as a beginner)

Seventh, old IGNS. Nowadays, you get IGNS like: Story, Play, Snow, Sword, Master and all that. Back then, we had IGNS like: XxDexlessSin, iPwnU, sushigod24, XxAznBoi. (These aren't real IGNs, but it pretty much represents the old IGNS.

Finally, how can we forget? The Legends.

[​IMG] (First player to reach level 200 in GMS history) (Neckson still has him as an NPC in modern GMS saying he reached level 200) (IGN: FangBlade) (OG Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR4hbPNP0RA)

[​IMG] (First dragon knight of Scania) (IGN: Tiger) (One of the founders of HP Washing which 99.4% of end-game MapleLegends players use)

Now that you made it this far, what are you doing? GO AND FIGHT THEM MOBS!

2. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    9:52 AM
    damn you have a spritefan2 outfit, nice :D

3. OP
    OP
    Dance

Dance Stone Golem

Dec 21, 2020
    Male
    Fiore
    12:52 AM
    Beginner
    Yeah haha! I been a fan of his for awhile. I can tell you're a veteran player as well by the way you know about it.

4. HouseAuburn

HouseAuburn Capt. Latanica

Aug 11, 2020
    Male
    Henesys
    3:52 AM
    The interesting thing about +3 LUK +2 DEX is that after Level 40, equips only add +1 DEX per level. For example, the [​IMG] Goni Shoes (Level 50) requires 90 DEX, and the [​IMG] Scarab (Level 70 Claw) requires 110 DEX.

The Relaxer is the single most effective way of naturally restoring MP as a Magician. Even in mid-2nd Job it's more effective than the Blue Potion Chair which you can buy in the Cash Shop - provided you maxed MP recovery.

Back during GMS, literally every single one of my characters had some form of 'Auburn' in the name. Example: AubsBeginer2 - this was the first iteration of who is today SirbegAntia.

I'm going to try and make the Henesys Weapon Store a hangout spot eventually. Celestalia can't wait to host some house parties in the upper half (while people are scrolling their earrings MapleF2). My favorite memory of GMS was when I was just starting, daydreaming about wearing the fancy 'high-level' equips and getting the best crossbows (Levels 25~30). Of course Aescavon has a [​IMG] Rower now which I'd never even heard of at that point.

Finally...Kalotora (who will be becoming a Spearman shortly!) is named after the great one! 'Tora' is the Japanese word for tiger. 'Kalo' comes from his father's name, Kalona.

• Like Like x 1