1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Cutsy's Journal: Journey to Hero

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Siggy, Feb 6, 2021.

Do people still like journal threads?

1. Yes, post more!

36 vote(s)
    87.8%
  2. No! GTFO!

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    1:42 AM
    Hey all!

I love the journal threads so I thought it might be fun to make my own for a new character I'm making, after a pretty long hiatus from ML. I've never played a warrior before and have always wanted to try it, so I'm going for Hero this time around. Any tips or suggestions for this journey would be greatly appreciated!

[​IMG]
    The very beginning! Cheers Sara! Mushroom head ftw.
    [​IMG]
    Apple suit looks good af on me!
    [​IMG]
    These things kinda look like penises?
    [​IMG]
    Got robbed on the EXP hair quest.

Would love to have some buddies to train and chat with, so feel free to add me in-game if you'd like! IGN: Cutsy

Happy Mapling, everyone!

• Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    4:42 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    A total opposite to my hero,
    [​IMG]

:'((

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    IGN is a lie! Look at that cute hat!

Forgot to take screenshots today but made it to level 24 and have been KPQing and doing quests. This quest guide has been super helpful! As well as MapleBentoMapleBento's Hero guide.

Goals:
    • Hit level 30 and job advance!
    • KPQ until I can make at least 1-2 mil off the rewards.
    • Fix my ugly face and hair.
    • Meet more friends!
    Thanks for reading and Happy Mapling! :joyful:

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    [​IMG]
    Level 30, woo! Job advanced and now ready to slay.

Goals:
    • Same as last time aside from level 30 and advancing.
    • Level 35 for LPQ!

• Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  5. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    10:42 AM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. OP
    OP
    Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    Highlights:
    • Started LPQing!
    • Noob scrolled this Lionheart which will hopefully be good enough to 50. I'm such a noob when it comes to scrolling so idk if this is good or not, but oh well!
    Goals:
    • Hit level 40
    • Acquire more dex gear
    If anyone has any tips on washing for a Hero, I'd greatly appreciate it! When should I start adding INT, and when should I wash it? Ideally I'd have enough HP for HT, as I don't really see myself bossing more than that.

Slow progress but it's all good, I'm having fun with this character!
    Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 6.29.42 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 12.13.07 AM.png

• Like Like x 3
  7. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Generally Heroes are very HP Washing friendly.

If you want to do the bare minimum I would suggest :
    Get 40~50 INT (base or gear) every time you LVL UP.
    That will easily provide you with an HP Wash later on.
    The main idea for a Hero is to both gain HP and MP (not in very absurd ways).

One wash is MP 4 and would mean you gain HP 52.
    If, from LVL 40 you have the INT 40, you would be gaining an extra 52 per LVL.
    So that would mean that, for the bare minimum of HT you'd be looking at

LVL 155
    Clean HP 10.224 + Washed HP 52 * (155-40) = HP 16.204​

This would of course mean you will have to wash, every LVL UP from 40 to 155 once per LVL.

It's not so expensive in general and, from LVL 50 onwards you most likely will have a zhelm, which will help a good amount for both gaining MP/HP.
    Dare I say, at higher LVLs you'll most likely want to have more MP for using skill on long term, HP will become mostly secondary after you reach over 18k HP (around LVL 165-170)

8. OP
    OP
    Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    Sorry for misunderstanding, but what do you mean 40-50 INT every time I lvl up?

I only have 5 base int currently, did I screw up? Should I be adding 5 AP into int every level from now on? Explain to me like I'm 5 please (I've never washed any char).

9. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    [​IMG]
    Just follow along with my stats, don't be a degen like I am <3 (Else your gameplay will really be tiring)

Given you're LVL 35 and have 5 base INT the main goal you can do is to get INT 40 by LVL 42 (Putting 5 APs per LVL into Base INT)

^ That is Base AP pumping, in general this method will lower your DMG / DPS but, as 40 INT it shouldn't be that devastating.
    If you have some funds, you could probably grab some gear with INT, such as a glove, cape, overall, earrings, wand (lvl 8 equippable by all classes) or shield.

This is the mechanic we are interested in understanding : (MP Gains)

Every LVL UP a class gets (rounded down)
    Base_MP + INT/10
    So for example, as a Thief I get :
    Base_MP Thief = 15
    INT/10 = 184/10 = 18 (rounded down)
    So I would be getting, at LVL UP
    15 + 18 = 33 MP

A second mechanic we are interested in calculating : (Washing potential)

At every LVL, each class has a particular Minimum MP
    For example the Minimum MP Formula for a thief is
    14 * LVL + 148
    So, in example above I have 2700 MP (base without gear)
    14 * LVL + 148 = 1870
    The interesting part is now calculating how many washes you can do (thief requires 12mp per wash)
    (2700 - 1870) / 12 = 69 washes

A third mechanic we are interested in doing : (HP Washing)

After a LVL UP you gain 5 FRESH APs
    The main idea of HP Washing is to grab a Fresh AP and putting it into HP, using an AP Reset to take from MP and putting into Stats.

So as an example, from MP to LUK.
    1.Put 1 Fresh AP into HP
    2. [​IMG]
    3. [​IMG]
    4. [​IMG]

ELI5 : You stock on MP gained from higher Base+Gear INT from LVLs, continue playing normal and, after a certain point, calculate how many HP washes you can do and do the simple 4 step process for X amount of times needed.

HP Goes in (fresh AP)
    MP Goes out into STAT (AP reset)

~ ~ ~

After the digression made for the guide, for your warrior.
    Given you're LVL 35 with 5 INT you could be looking at getting 40 INT (gear or base) and generally saving up the MP you gain from LVL UPs.
    After a certain point, like from LVL 50 and above, you can start doing the washing.

Here are the formulas that interest you, in every possible way :

Hero Information
    BASE_MP Hero = 5
    Minimum_MP Hero = 4 * LVL + 56
    HP_Gain_LVLUP Hero = 66
    HP_Gain_Wash Hero = 52
    Washes_Potential Hero = ( MP(no gear) - Minimum_MP ) / 4

So, for example, if at LVL 50 you have 500 MP you can calculate this :
    ( 500 - 4 * 50 + 56 ) / 4 =
    ( 500 - 256 ) / 4 =
    244 / 4 ≈ 60 washes
    Every wash is 52 HP so that means you can gain (by doing the washing method) a whooping 3,120 HP.

• Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    Thanks so much, MottoMotto! This helps a lot, along with info from my guild. I think I have 30 or 35 base int now, so I'm on my way!

Highlights:
    • Hit level 44
    • Finally was able to get semi-decent gach and made my first ~15m (not much I know, but from totally unfunded, I'm happy!)

Goals:
    • Hit level 45
    • Obtain the LPQ glasses
    • Make another 15m!
    More small steps, but it's about the journey not the destination, right? No screenshots this time because I always forget because Mac screenshots are so time-consuming in the Maple world. Anyone got a quick Print Screen screenshot alternative method for Macs?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    4:42 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Generally for efficiency, u want to have INT as early as possible, adding your int while on maple island.
    But do not worry, warriors are pretty easy to wash, thus you won't lose too much damage despite not washing super efficiently.

As Motto stated, 40 base int is not devastating. I would personally take it a notch higher and recommend you to have 50 int, by lvl 50.

So why 50 int?
    The general guide to hit 18.6k HP at lvl 140 for warriors, is to get 40 int ASAP, and level up to 140. While leveling between 30-140, wash as much HP as you can, and you should have 18.6k HP at lvl 140.
    Having 40 int will give you 4 extra MP per level, and having 50 int will give you 5 extra MP per level.
    Due of lack of INT from lvl 1 to lvl 35+, this one extra MP per level can guarantee the 18.6k HP at lvl 140, and go even more, while not heavily punishing your damage. Any more than 50 base INT will very likely to feel noticeable damage decrease however.

• Like Like x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    Wow, I've been very behind on this thread! Screenshotting is not my forte, especially on a Mac and especially on a Windows desktop without a Print Screen key.

Highlights:
    Hit level 50 and got Zakum!
    Proceeded to hit level 70 and job advance!
    Got a CS 60% from Gachapon and immediately sold!

Goals:
    Find a decent sword until I can use Stonetooth. Any suggestions? I love the look of Doombringer but not sure if there's a better alternative.
    Hit level 80 and get a Scar helm!
    Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 12.31.47 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 1.11.45 PM.png

• Like Like x 1