1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Exact Guide for 1-35 in under 6 hours

Discussion in 'Training' started by Nicholas, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas Mixed Golem

Jun 9, 2016
    Male
    London
    7:03 AM
    DragonNich
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Summer
    Hi everyone,

I decided to update my super old guide to get to level 35 as fast as possible. While Nise did post his version of a 1-35 guide, it isn’t exact, and it isn’t the fastest. I completed this routine approximately three years ago and managed to do levels 1 to 36 on an ice/lightning mage in approximately 5 hours and 30 minutes, with no assistance from my main characters besides a bit of potion money (ask for help in the FM if you’re new, most players are nice!).

The guide is highly optimised, and accessible to players new and old.

Tips:
    Buy a safety charm
    Skim the guide to see what items to collect

Do all the Maple Island quests.

Tips:

For those making classes who struggle to kill tons of red snails, I recommend you pick up as many green and blue snail shells as possible. Get Three Snails level 1, and when you need to kill red snails, use up your green shells. When you have no green shells, get level 2 on Three Snails and start using blue shells. You can also choose to skip some of the more difficult quests (just don’t regret it in 180 levels when you inevitably decide you want to complete all the quests).

Another strategy is to make an islander on a separate account with all their points in STR. Use multiclienting to leech any new character that might have difficulty completing quests. This strategy is very useful for players who see themselves making multiple characters.

While on Maple Island, you might want to collect 10 extra green snail shells as they are harder to find on Victoria Island, and will be used in a level 20 quest.

You should be level 10 by the time you finish the quests on Maple Island, and complete the beginner quests from Olaf in Lith Harbour.

Start with the four training quests offered through your job instructor. If you need to kill stumps, get the quest Stump Horror Story quest from Ayan in Perion, which asks you to kill 50 stumps. Otherwise, if you need to kill Slimes, collect 25 squishy liquids for the Amroia: Beauty or Beast quest.

After completing your job training quests, complete the corresponding quest:

Stump Horror Story

Amoria: Beauty or Beast

Now talk to Spinel in any of the towns and travel to Floating Market to do Entering the Floating Market Protection Squad from Chai, after you’re asked to find an NPC “down the path”, you go right of the town two maps for the first one, and then to the bottom right for the last npc. This quest gives 10500 exp total, which is enough to make you hit the % gain cap (i.e you level up and gain 99.96% on the next level). Unless you’re at level 14 with under ~25% exp. I recommend you do this quest at the bottom of level 14 if you can.

Without a doubt you will be level 15 after doing these quests, and nearly level 16 if you complete the previous quest at any point at level 14.

Start by going to Nautilus Harbor and do all the quests

Whalians and the Nautilus (multiple quests),

Mysterious Entity Onboard the Nautilus (bottom floor),

Cleaning the Nautilus 1 (top floor),

Protect the Nautilus Emergency… (through a portal on the top floor) and,

Help Me Find My Glasses (outside).

Start by completing all quests in the Whalians and the Nautilus questline. Then do Abel’s glasses. Abel's glasses can be found by clicking around on the floor near the right end of the nautilus harbour map, near the npc Bart, who you need to talk to to complete the quest Mysterious Entity Onboard the Nautilus. After finding Abel’s glasses, turn them in and do the follow-up quest Bart gives you. You’ll eventually find yourself killing pigs and ribbon pigs for all three of the remaining quests. Finish these all at the same time.

Pig Beach, and the mini-dungeon near Henesys are the best options for completing these quests.

After completing these quests, do Arwen and Elina, and Danger! Eliminate Green Mushroom concurrently. The best map for these quests is the tree dungeon three maps south from Elina, which is inside the tree just left of, but not under, the top right portal. I also recommend buying 1 pure water and a few Sleepywood town scrolls while you’re doing this quest.

You should already by level 20, but if not, go to NLC and complete the Mayor’s quiz, which can be started by selecting his last dialogue option.

First complete the Legend of the Snail quest from Pia. If you can’t find a Mano, then do other quests and check later as the quest gives huge exp and fame. Mano spawns hourly, but it’s cleared often. If you have a second character on another account, you might want to camp it here while you do other quests, otherwise, the expected waiting time is ~30 minutes (average) so your best bet is actually to just camp it out as the quest awards you a full level worth of exp.

After doing Mano, do Find Fresh Milk in the Nautilus—the easiest quest in the world. While in the Nautilus, accept, but do not complete, the quest A Banquet for the Whalians from Porchay on the bottom floor.

Now go to Perion and do Winston’s quest Planting Trees (but not his other quest). Collect 5 wooden and 5 slate masks while doing this quest, which will be used for a level 25 quest.

From here start both Danger! 2 Horny Mushrooms and Danger! 3 Zombie Mushrooms. The best place to complete both of these quests at the same time is Ant Tunnel III and IV. Collect 100 charms of the undead while doing this quest if you want to optionally obtain the level 25 cape later.

Finally, do Camilia’s gem in Henesys (you can google an image for the quest solution to save time).

You should be level 25 by this point.

Use the VIP taxi in Elina to warp to the deep parts of Sleepywood Dungeon, and complete Polluted! 1. Also collect 50 evil eye tails.

After completing Polluted 1 do Strange Dish 1 and Lazy Calico in Nautilus Harbor.

Accept all the Nautilus quests: Sea Firefly, Food for Whalians, and Cleaning the Nautilus 2. You’ll complete these quests much later.

Optional: If you're assisting this guide with another character of yours, you can complete Bartol's request to obtain warp cards. Use a warp card to go to omega sector and obtain rat traps on the first floor of Eos Tower. This allows you to complete Cleaning the Nautilus 2 and 3 earlier.

You’re just about ready to leave Victoria island. If you chose to collect the 100 charms of the undead before, you can now accept The Mystery of Naora Hospital From Jane Doe in Kerning Hospital. Before collecting the mirror pieces, talk to Manji in Perion to complete Manji and the Secret Group. You can complete these quests together. Land of the Wild Boar II is the best map for this (it is a hidden-street on the top right of the map which is in Perion’s border with Elina). While you’re in Perion, complete Shawn the Excavator’s Request.

After completing these quests, do To the Desert to be warped to Ariant.

You will ultimately finish all Ariant quests, but I outline the order here.

You'll need most etc items, especially lidium ores, as well as desert mist use items.

You first need to do Learning the Culture of Ariant from Byron. To complete this, go to the palace and click on the large pool of water under it. Completing this quest unlocks the quest Dancer’s Ringing from Sirin and A request from a Member of the Sand Bandits from Strange Guy. You’re basically now on the track to complete all Ariant quests. Do all of Sirin’s and Strange Guy’s quests. Also do the quest Jiyur’s Sister, and accept the quest Queen’s Tea, but don't complete it yet. Once you’re asked by Sirin to steal from Strange Guy, you’ll need to find the hidden street to the right of Strange Guy and use the password, which is Open Sesame. You’ll eventually unlock quests from the other members of the sand bandits at level 29. Complete all of these quests.

You should be level 31 by the time you finish the quests in Ariant. Now head to Magatia to finish all the quests there. If you reach level 32 at this point, you’ll have 2 more quests in Ariant, finish these then talk to Karcasa to warp to Victoria Island. Note, if you choose to advance at level 30, do not go back to Ariant after your advancement, just continue with the guide.

Tips:

When given the option when raiding the Red Scropion chest in A Proper Reward for a Good Deed, take 5 lidium as you’ll need 21 or 31 lidium ores/ 2-3 lidiums and 1 ore to complete the Ariant quest lines (21 if you stop at 35, 31 if you go to 40 with this guide). You’ll receive an additional 5 for completing Jiyur’s quest line. Definitely consider looking in the FM for Lidium ores or using smegas.

Scarf pleads have a dedicated hidden-street map under the arch to the right of the Le Petit Prince npc.

Doing all of these quests will bring you well over level 30. I usually stay in Ariant until I finish all of the quests— job advancing late has no penalty, just save the SP gained after level 30.

The rest of the guide assumes you did not leave Ariant early.

If you’re a mage, get the Polluted! 2 quest before advancing, and kill 99 curse eyes and collect 50 tails before you advance, which is most easily done in the tree dungeon left of the 2nd job instructor. Otherwise, advance before doing this quest.

Acquire the Assignment of a Sand Crew quest from Manji in Perion.

Now acquire all quests in the nautilus: A Hole in the Nautilus, Bartol’s Request, For Kyrin, and Information for Dr. Kim.

Do Bartol’s Request, and For Kyrin. If you can’t hit jr. wraiths, there’s always someone at jr. wraiths, just ask for a few tablecloths. Otherwise, check the Junk Yard or buy an Amroian Basket for +40 accuracy.

Use 1 warp card in Kyrin’s room on the Nautilus to go to Omega Sector and complete the quest Information for Dr. Kim. Now go to the Eos Tower and complete the quest Distinguished Roly Poly Worker on floor 3 to get Eos rock scrolls. After getting the scrolls, teleport to floor 41 and get 1 blocktopus keychain, then teleport to the top of the tower. Now complete the quests Spider’s Out at Eos Tower from Tigun the Advisor, and Cleaning Up Eos Tower from Marcel. Collect 50 rat traps for Cleaning up the Nautilus 2 while you’re killing ratz for Marcel. Use an Eos rock scroll to go to floor 71 to complete Tigun’s quest. If you've already completed Cleaning up the Nautilus 2, skip Cleaning Up Eos Tower, the exp is inconsequential.

After completing these quests, go down Helios tower towards Aqua Road, and get the quest Recovering the Book The Little Prince 1 from Wiz the Librarian (which should be available if you didn’t leave ariant before level 32). Now complete the Nautilus quests (Banquet for the Whalians and Sea Firefly) in Aqua road, and also gather 20 shrimp meats from Krips. Go through Herb Town to get to Orbis and complete the Queen’s Tea quest and its follow-up, as well as Assignment from a Sand Crew and Nero’s Necklace. Also gather solid horns for the Patching the Nautilus quest.

Return to Ariant by the genie to finish the Queen’s Tea questline, as well as the Assignment from a Sand Crew quest line, and get the book from Le Petit Prince. You should be level 34. If you did not quite reach level 32 before leaving Ariant the first time, complete any additional quests that may be here.

Again take Karcasa back to Victoria Island. Go to the nautilus and finish all of the associated quest lines, and their follow-up quests. This should bring you to 35. Now complete Strange Dish 2, you should be around level 36.

Go to Winston in Perion and complete the The Old Tree quest line, which requires you to kill Stumpy (the respawn is 1 hour).

After completing this quest line, get Chief Stan's Letter in Henesys, then warp to omega sector from the Nautilus. Get the quests Dr. Kim’s Comments and Blocktopus is an Alien. You can find Churry by entering door 1 in the Command center and then go up a little. Before going to Bosley field III, go to Kulan field 1 and collect 20 space foods. Each quest in this line gives a small amount of exp, but they are easily completed within a few minutes for large exp gains. If you did not collect a blocktopus keychain before, warp to the 41st floor of the Eos tower to get one.

After completing these quests you should be around level 37, which you will need to reach in order to begin the KFT quests.

Only do this if you're not yet level 37

If you’re not yet level 37, get Cleaning up Helios Tower and Mr. Shim’s Request, and turn in the storybook you received from Le Petit Prince. Get the quest Tae Gong’s Love for his Wife. You should be level 37 by the time you complete these quests. If you reach level 37 before making much progress on Mr. Shim’s request, you do not have to complete it as it is a low return quest.

If you’re a low-accuracy player (warrior/brawler) you will want to use an Amorian Basket when gathering items for the KFT quests. You can buy one for 50-100k in the free market.

Once you’re level 37, get all KFT quests and all of Wiz the Librarian’s quests.

Since there are no teleporting spots in KFT try to do the Brotherly Love quests whenever they’re convenient. Start by collecting 1 Slippery Oil from Cico and getting Tae Gong’s Love for his Wife, which you should already have shrimp meat for. Complete Tae Gong’s Love for his Wife and buy the new pot from Grandma Yeon to complete Kong Ji’s quest. Now find Swallow’s Lost Seed from moon bunnies, collect 20 tough ropes from hudoris, if you can, and collect 12 Artemisia from the plants around the area. You may need to use an Amorian Basket here. Warriors and Brawlers should pass on the tough ropes, and players who have higher-level characters should consider using these to help gather tough ropes and the steel hoe needed after completing Kong Ji’s quest line.

All players should be able to complete the entire Brotherly Love quest line, and the Hongbu and Nolbu quest line, as well as the first few quests from Kong Ji. Most should be able to additionally complete The Kids that Became the Sun and The Moon quest line. Players with high-level characters should complete all KFT quests, except for Mr. Shim’s Request.

All players should be level 38 after doing the minimum number of quests (I took this route), and you will be nearly level 39 if you complete all of them.

Now head back to Orbis and complete Protect Nero from Ericsson, this quest is optional, it might be a bit long if you don't have a mob attack. Now head to Ariant one last time.

In Ariant do the Desert Bounty quest line, and by equipping your Alcando and Zenumist capes you can get the quests Helping out Bedin and Russellon's Items for Experiment.

If you complete all quests in this guide, you should be level 40.

I ran this set on my new Ice Lightning mage and managed 1-30 in 3 hours and 1-36 in 4 hours and 30 minutes. and 1-40 in 6 hours. I completed a total of 210 quests by the end of this guide.

With so many players, I recommend semi-afk or dual-client strongly for area boss quests. For example, for mano, if you have a 2nd character, place them in Mano's map once u hit level 10 or 15 so by the time you reach level 20 Mano will have spawned or have very little time until it spawns. I didn't do this, I did the semi-afk method and made cookies and went jogging :p. I did not include semi-afk time on these timers since 1: I got to area boss maps right as someone cleared (twice), and 2: I wasn't actually playing my character and did something productive instead.

• Great Work Great Work x 18
    • Like Like x 14
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    3:03 PM
    Nice guide!

Should be curse eyes, not evil eyes.

3. OP
    OP
    Nicholas

Nicholas Mixed Golem

Jun 9, 2016
    Male
    London
    DragonNich
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Summer
    Thank you for catching that, I'll make the edit~

4. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Fastest 10-30 was done by Zyku in about 2 hours with a secret method, and it wasn't even OP 2018 stews. :^)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fastest for most regular folks would be Genins from as soon as you're able. Grab some 20 att bears, accuracy pots, eat some grilled cheese, and go wild from 20+. They're not balanced at all with the rest of early game but nobody cares because it's early game.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Nicholas

Nicholas Mixed Golem

Jun 9, 2016
    Male
    London
    DragonNich
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Summer
    O wow, I never realized they gave so much exp, 150 per kill and only 600 hp. Definitely an option for those who can afford/ want to pay for leech (it should be nerfed though, they give more exp than most mobs under 35 I think).

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Leech is good but they're the best thing to slaughter even without a mage. It's just rough on a first character, but a smurf can get like ~8%/minute there at 25, but that rapidly shrinks as levels require more. But they are a significant improvement on teddies at an earlier stage as well. It's those maps that should be full OnionRay

7. FionaPGT

FionaPGT Blue Snail

May 4, 2020
    Female
    10:03 PM
    Fifi
    I/L Wizard, Magician
    can someone tell me how to "Go through Herb Town to get to Orbis". im so lost, please help

edit: nvm figured it out, you need to take the crane twice. incase someone needs this in the future :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  8. OP
    OP
    Nicholas

Nicholas Mixed Golem

Jun 9, 2016
    Male
    London
    DragonNich
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Summer
    I finally updated the guide to include 35-40, which I actually wrote over a month ago and just didn't post lol.

9. OP
    OP
    Nicholas

Nicholas Mixed Golem

Jun 9, 2016
    Male
    London
    DragonNich
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Summer
    I'll also be re-timing the guide with my up-coming i/l mage to test the full 1-40 guide~

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Step

Step Red Snail

Apr 7, 2020
    4:03 PM
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  11. OwO

OwO Blue Snail

May 19, 2020
    Male
    10:03 AM
    Gomenasigh
    Thief
    Thanks for the training guide, ariant quest line was very detailed!

12. DarkTalon

DarkTalon Blue Snail

Nov 18, 2020
    Male
    9:03 AM
    Why did I go thru herb town and Mu Lung to get to Orbis? seemed very expensive....excuse my ignorance but i'm a first time player. The guide has been great so far by the way. Thank you.

13. IHearColors

IHearColors Timer

Jul 1, 2017
    Male
    Shadower, I/L Arch Mage, Bandit
    Going from Aqua road>Herb Town>Mu Lung>Orbis ends up being faster than climbing back up Helios Tower. Getting to Herb Town and Mu Lung are both instant transports and getting to Orbis from Mu Lung takes 1min (or was it 30 sec?). Climbing up all the floors to get to Orbis takes way longer. I'm guessing the guide suggests that what with the under 6 hours thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. DarkTalon

DarkTalon Blue Snail

Nov 18, 2020
    Male
    9:03 AM
    Considering I haven't yet climbed Orbis tower I don't know how long it takes. When I was looking at the map however that did cross my mind. Thank you for the reply, I bet you're right.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Pundit

Pundit Pink Teddy

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    liljer
    Bowman
    Homies
    or you just go to the 8th floor of orbis tower and use a town scroll.

16. IHearColors

IHearColors Timer

Jul 1, 2017
    Male
    Shadower, I/L Arch Mage, Bandit
    I think climbing the 8 floors would still take longer than the minute long swan ride to Orbis. If the 10-12 minute time save doesn't seem worth the cost, then it might be better to just town scroll on Helios Tower.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. kiln

kiln Pink Teddy

Jan 2, 2021
    Pepperspray
    Corsair
    Elite
    Orbis exchange quest?

18. TheRatman

TheRatman Snail

May 1, 2020
    Male
    Love this guide and I follow it for every character that I make, but I'm just now realizing there's a mistake in it. From level 35-40, you cannot accept the quest Dr. Kim's Comments until you accept and finish the quest Chief Stan's Letter and I don't think you mention it at any point? Hope you read this!

19. OP
    OP
    Nicholas

Nicholas Mixed Golem

Jun 9, 2016
    Male
    London
    DragonNich
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Summer
    Ah, I removed the quest recently, as I forgot it had a follow up quest (explains why when I went through this again I was consistently short on exp lol). I'll put it back in.

20. Shengo

Shengo Slime

Sep 5, 2020
    Malaysia
    10:03 PM
    JoJoJoJoJo
    Camper
    Elluelians
    May I point out that the KFT questline is only fast when you have a main acc to help on it? I tried on my lv 38 cleric (with clean EQ) and it took me almost 2 hours to clear part of those quest, couldn't clear Hodori etc. due to very low accuracy even though after consuming Amorian Basket.

Just wanna point out to those first started out in the game to take note on KFT questline, may skip if you are not sufficiently funded/someone carry you.

• Agree Agree x 2