1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Donox NX

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by spammy, Feb 19, 2021.

1. spammy

spammy Slime

Jan 18, 2021
    11:15 AM
    Hi, I understand that in the past, the concern was DONOR POINTS would be RWT if people were able to GIFT CS items to each other.

HOWEVER, things seem to have changed. Since people are now able to GIFT DONOR POINTS directly to each other. Which would also have the same RWT concerns.

So... I imagine that these concerns have been decided to be not relevant SINCE donor points CANT get you any advancement benefits and is purely COSMETIC.

Therefore, can we please gift people stuff with donor points?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    6:15 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    You can't purchase any stuffs related something to win ingame with donor nx, so it's already purely cosmetic.

well If someone says 'perma-period pet doesn't require life water to revive pet every 3 months, so no need to vote for it, it's pay2win!' I just smh for his strictness but that's very trivial, not worth to do RWT imo so doesn't matter.

I actually know someone gifted donor nx to someone else to appreciate his favor, and both they are playing ML very well like an year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    spammy

spammy Slime

Jan 18, 2021
    Does that mean u agree with me? haha

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Do not test boundaries of ToS.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    CAPITALISING random WORDS won't make your POST sound any SMARTER

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. OP
    OP
    spammy

spammy Slime

Jan 18, 2021
    I don't understand how you can agree with Huiae and disagree with me at the same time.
    VoxtagramsVoxtagrams unless of course you are just randomly pressing agree and disagree based on your priors.

1. my suggestion is that people be allowed to gift donor items to each other
    2. Huiae points out that donor items are purely cosmetic
    3. the basis of my suggestion hinges on the fact that kimmy has changed her previous position from 2016-2017 to the latest one in 2018
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/donor-nx-giftable.8492/
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/gifting-nx-cosmetic-only.10744/page-2
    In these two posts she claims (and many people agree) that allowing donor items to be gifted will potentially result in RWT. Therefore it is a huge flaw that will not happen.
    However....
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/gifting-donor-points-now-available.23889/
    boomz, fast forward 2 years and you are now allowed to gift donor nx directly to a person. Notice the comments section raised the same points as those mentioned in the first two posts but kimmy's reply was akin to "nah its only cosmetic anyway but we will still ban RWTs" (this is basically what HuiaeHuiae has said)
    Which in essence means that her position on gifting donor items have now been changed.

I suppose the only one trying to be smart here is you AinzAinz please keep the discussion on topic.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  7. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Gifting donor point leaves 'very clear' log, which is very useful when staff team think it needs to be investigated,
    while your suggestion - trading donor stuffs ingame - makes it much more general and easier to 'trade' stuffs and hard to track.
    that's the difference, and reason why staff team are on current way, instead of just 'Do it!'

Hope you understand. Sometimes, allowing A can't ride into allowing B, even though A and B are same in logic.
    (and I don't want staff teams precious time be wasted in tons of tracking and investigating donor stuffs trade. They're busy af enough already, just like we are.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    spammy

spammy Slime

Jan 18, 2021
    While I agree tracking is a problem, I am not talking about trading..... I never once mentioned trading. It is still gifting within the CS. (just enabling donor nx to gift cash items to others)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    2:15 AM
    (Sorry to tag you into these Huiae, ok spammy I'll show my reasoning.)
    Donor = IRL Currency Points.
    IRL money in game = Real World Currency Points.

I'm not randomly pressing Agree and Disagree, your point was to use Donor points and gift people, gifting Donor Points itself using the Donor page is fine sure as a GIFT.

But your suggestion tackles RWT/RMT being Real World Trade/Real Money Trade, trading DONOR points for mesos or of the like, if you want to give Donor points to someone as a GIFT thats fine.

However you're implying that Donor points be giftable from the cash shop which people would use to "Sell Cash Shop Items" which would translate to RWT/RMT.

Hope that clarifies why I agree to disagree to this.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Xaple

Xaple King Slime

May 14, 2020
    2:15 AM
    This obviously makes sense based on the precedent and the reasons given for allowing donations to other characters. Your links prove that.

However this will probably never happen. There is a key difference between gifting someone NX and gifting someone an item. Lets say you really want a donor pet so bad that you are willing to risk RWT. If someone could gift items, they could simply gift you the pet from an excess of NX they have, no new money comes into the game. In the current system, the person would have to do a new donation on your behalf, which brought new money into the game.

It's fairly clear from the flip flopping of stances on the issue the goal is to allow more money to come into the server; who wouldn't want this?

There is also probably plenty of legit cases where someone has excess donor cash right now and they want to gift a pet to their alt character or a friend. This change would simply reduce the number of new donations as leftover NX could be used on other characters as opposed to having to donate a new 15 EU to buy your new pet on your alternate character.

You might as well be asking to open up the donor shop tab to regular NX, it just isn't going to happen. You need to donate to be able to get donor items.

• Agree Agree x 2