1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Gifting Donor Points now available

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    2:48 AM
    Moderator Post
    Hello,

For the longest time we've had people asking if they can donate Donor Points to their good friend. Initially the only way to do this was to go on that person's account to than donate.

Obviously that's a huge security risk (and against the rules), so the basic answer was 'no'

Starting now FeroxAnimaFeroxAnima has finished a way to do it perfectly safe and legal.

How does it work?

When you press the donate button now you will see the page changed a bit:
    [​IMG]

There's now a new check box called 'Is this a gift?' added.

Selecting this box will now open a new field where you can insert the character where the gift is going to:
    [​IMG]

After inserting the ID and the amount you want donate to that person you will receive a warning:
    [​IMG]

This warning was made so no typos get through.

Furthermore, if you insert a name with i or l in the name the warning contains additional info:
    [​IMG]

Basically this warning was made for people named 'Maple' but are actually named Mapie' Make sure you insert the correct name

Continuing from here will remain the same as regular donating. However, if you've successfully donated, the amount will go to the person you've inserted as expected.

If you have any questions or concerns you are free to let me know.

Happy gifting!

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
    • Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Great Work x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  2. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    5:48 PM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Is anyone gonna ask the Real-world Trading question? Honestly I don't really see an outright "no" from looking at the terms and conditions, perhaps they could use some additional wording before someone does something stupid. (But wouldn't the inevitable forum thread be so fun to browse?)

"1.2 Unofficial Commerce - Any unofficial advertising, trading of in game items, mesos, in-game services (e.g. leeching, boss runs, HS services), for non-MapleLegends currency (e.g. real world currency, currency from other servers), external services (e.g. advertising, real-world services(excluding art)), is strictly prohibited. The selling of an account is entirely prohibited, whether it be for non-MapleLegends currency or not. While you are absolutely free to discuss your memories, experiences, or thoughts regarding other MapleStory private servers, any recruiting for another server will result in a permanent ban. Although we highly encourage abbreviating names of other servers, we will not censor you or punish you for simply mentioning them. Punishment: Permanent Ban"

"For non-MapleLegends currency
    " being the main aggressor I suppose. It doesn't sound like it outright bans trading mesos for donor points because both are technically MapleLegends currency. Honestly a person could make an argument that because trading their real life currency for donor points is considered "Official Commerce", then no rule would have been broken, as the only transactions made were official commerce(Real money -> Donor points) and trading MapleLegends currency(Mesos -> Donor points).

I don't think this trading is really something most of the MapleLegends community would like to see. Pay2win sucks. :^) Can we get a ruling before all hell breaks loose with the screaming REEE's of internet lawyers coming to aid of *future banned player*.

It is a really nice update though, especially now that guilds changing leaders isn't solely the responsibility of the current leader and they can get cash from a member. :^)

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    7:48 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
  4. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I think its pretty clear answer but I would say it anyway - trades when it comes to Real World Trading is still not allowed. I can see however why that question is being asked when the rule says Unofficial Commerce.

While this <could> potential make it easier to do RWT with Legends items I don't see the negative going over the positive having this. There's many genuine people that asked this for a very long time, and blocking people having additional things just because there's bad people out there that may do something negative about it is not always the route to take. Previously it was still more or less as easy to do the very same thing if both parties have a paypal.

The good thing is that our donor shop will never contain items that benefit you. So in end, it will never be trades that boost a different character.

5. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    I think AlyoshaAlyosha's question is whether Donor NX is considered ML currency or Euros.

6. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    It doesn't matter since it's against the rules eitherway, which I have stated in my post above.

7. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    1.2 Unofficial Commerce - Any unofficial advertising, trading of in game items, mesos, in-game services (e.g. leeching, boss runs, HS services), for non-MapleLegends currency (e.g. real world currency, currency from other servers), external services (e.g. advertising, real-world services(excluding art)), is strictly prohibited.

Mesos, Donor NX, and Vote NX are all MapleLegends currencies. There needs to be a clarification.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Yes, I am aware the rules need a re-write. I say in this very topic that it's not allowed, which was the question asked.

9. Anich1456

Anich1456 Brown Teddy

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    8:48 AM
    Karikatus
    Assassin
    Boop
    buying donor points in my opinion doesn't really affect the game mechanics in any way because you can't buy your way to progressing in the game with Donor Points so ppl really just wont bother to do it