1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Horntail and another talking. All kind of reactions welcome.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Althariisa, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Vowels

Vowels Mr. Anchor

Jan 23, 2019
    3:50 AM
    untrue
    Bishop
    Pasta
    No one is saying that it should be the most effective way to profit, we are only saying that it shouldnt be so laughably bad. Also please understand that while your position might be "the real horntail was the friends I made along the way" most people position here comes from what seems evident bossing game design, basically the idea that late game bosses should be challenging and rewarding, fun doesn't really have a place in the discussion is kinda secondary (but if you ask me: challenging = fun)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    11:50 PM
    The reason to why I'm disagreeing to 1 hour HT timer is the prices of books might drop when theres more of them.

Currently its around 200mil for MW 20 and 65mil for Gen 30 (as of one being sold, was probably to sell it fast not sure)

Having more HT runs would mean more books, more books might lower the price of them, yeah the EXP would be great and people joining in runs together is also another great thing but the prices :/

• Funny Funny x 7
  3. OP
    OP
    Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    Its impossible the sucess rate of HT will increase after the 1 hour timer its implemented. it requieres more power and more ppl, more ppl per run means less overall runs. are you really thinking or what happening here? you re really playing the game?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    Challenging is only fun when its new and you don't know the patterns to the boss or whatever it may be.

If you can predict whats going to happen then you can avoid it thats what the challenge makes it to be, since you can predict whats going to happen it becomes void and stale - not fun.

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    1 hour timer means after one hour passes you can enter again, which could be abused to the point where people would keep doing HT until they reach level 200.

If its going to be like Zakum where you can go in twice a day then sure I'd like that however having it only be reset per 1 hour means it can be spammed which sounds like an issue in game design.

Its a boss run in an MMORPG not an ARPG or AAG (Action Roleplaying game / Action Adventure Game) like Dark Souls or Zelda series.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    right now ht is twice per day

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    Post bossing history please.

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    3:50 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    I love your witful reply.
    but imo, 1hr HT timer will make HT-exclusive book prices skyrocket, instead of lowering down like you think.

sorry for myself feeling laziness to explain how that will be happened.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. ShadowRealm

ShadowRealm Chronos

Jun 18, 2018
    Shadower
    Don't forget that Genesis 30 book now drops from Pink Bean as well which means additional supply of source in the market. It is already broken beyond repair and will eventually share the same fate as Triple Throw 30 and Berzerk 30 at some point in the future.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  10. OP
    OP
    Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    Totally agree with this.

11. imsteven

imsteven Mushmom

Jul 9, 2018
    Male
    2:50 AM
    Shines
    Night Lord
    I do like some of the ideas thrown out here like having the option to choose the 1 hour timer (possibly better drops) vs the regular 2 hour time. However, with 1 hour timers, we may have people who have multiple characters running multiple times since the boss run is now shorter which may end up coming back to the same result of book prices dropping.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. OP
    OP
    Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    remember that its really hard to clear ht in 1 hour with 1 party. 1 hour ht timer will force +2 party runs which org its more stressing and hard. so running various characters its really hard unless you re very powerful or either you know what you have to host. so this really going to kill the majority of 6 man squads too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    I think we should all just hang out at Maya's House and just forget trying to be good at the game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  14. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    2:50 PM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Adding a chaos version with various more difficult mechanics and enhanced rewards seems like the best solution to me.

1. It doesn't "kick down the ladder" -- beginner HT squads that are currently barely getting by (but able to clear) will not suddenly find themselves locked out of content

2. It adds depth and challenge to the game -- as you all know, this game is mostly a one button clicking simulator besides being sed-bish or corsairs

3. Giving an additional way to get chaos and white scrolls would be welcome (in my limited opinion). I'm not too concerned about players eventually creating more and more perfect weapons, I mean after you get level 200 and perfect weapon what else is there to do in the game anyway, I'd just quit lol

Perhaps you could even have the chaos HT give mutually exclusive rewards from original HT? Like not having it drop gen30, to prevent diluting that market even further.

The cons to this are requiring a lot more work from the balance/dev team, as opposed to adjusting timer to 1 hour which would be very straightforward.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. imsteven

imsteven Mushmom

Jul 9, 2018
    Male
    2:50 AM
    Shines
    Night Lord
    As much as I'd like to think this, I already know a bunch of people off the top of my head that have various attackers that can swap over gears. Even if they don't have multiple attackers, quite a few people also have an attacker and a bishop which you can alternate. If they are missing some dpm, it can be covered by apples. Assuming if we go by the fact that drops will be better with this 1 hour timer, I'm sure it can also cover some apples (over time because not every run will always be profitable). Another point I want to mention out is previously we were constricted by time in a day to run, with shorter boss times, I'm sure more people would be inclined to run. Much later in the future, with more teams being able to clear the one hour timer, we would essentially have more runs in 1 day than currently. What will you do then? 30 minute HT? I don't want to sound like I'm against this suggestion btw because I'm certainly not but I think we need to make sure we think of the possible edge cases that might bring us back to square one.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    This is one of the reasons to why I don't think it should be 1 hour timer, book prices would go down if theres too many and way up if they don't drop as much :/

If timer does get accepted to 1 hour how much would HTP be? AFK HTP be? HTP+EGG? AFK HTP+EGG?

I've heard that atm its around 70mil but I don't know if thats with or without egg, would this price go up or go down?

How would people afford books other than the people that made Bishops because they were HP washing? (Thats two characters to buy books on x2 MW x1 gen, x1 TT)

Theres probably going to be questions from other people but these above are my questions.

17. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    LOL rip for all the sairs.

or, if pros really want 'challenge' so desperately, training 3+ NLs and multiclient those NLs 'perfectly' in actual bossing, and asking 300%+ split for that tryhard can be. I know this can be sound like a joke, but It's not a joke. This is already happening by few sweaty players in cwkpq, and obviously 'doable' in HT because of insane stability of NL. (because TT is still possible to combine 3s in a row, with macro). NL uses extremely less pots, barely need to reposition, and if you do actually 3+ times DPM than ordinary players perfectly, who would 'dare' accuse you for asking 300%+ split, which will satisfy your ambition for 'reward' also. If I'm host who has such player as member, I'd call him VVIP bcz he replaces 3+ men perfectly, means, lesser stress for recruit. You'll be honored, respected, and will be rich also as you want, w/o harming others. Oh, seems I got fine conclusion. (or just proved OPness of NL again, sry hehe)

Again, way of challenge is still open. I wish pros do 'healthy' challenge which can benefit all of players and honors themselves also, instead of benefiting only themselves and screw others. that's not challenge.

edited : It's also my one of long-term goal lmao

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    2:50 PM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    You really need to think about what you're saying here bub. 1 hour timer = less people can do it = less successful runs = less books in the market = prices go up (supply and demand). Btw you can only do 2 runs a day regardless of how long the HT timer is, so they wont drop more because people can do them more often.

Which is why I'm saying add chaos version without altering the current version of HT we have. No one gets screwed. High level bossers get challenge. Win-win

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Just super looooose for dev kekw (and that's why I feel hard to suggest this, honestly.)

20. ShadowRealm

ShadowRealm Chronos

Jun 18, 2018
    Shadower
    Actually, it may sound really dumb but having a 1 hour timer actually encourages more people to go to HT runs because instead of a 4 hour commitment, its a 2 hour commitment. Its much easier to place a 2 hour or below schedule in a irl schedule for many people than a 4 hour commitment.

The "1 hour timer" is simply extending the inevitable fate of HT drops, your actually not gonna go anywhere by making HT harder or making drops more valuable. You are going to repeat the same tragedy of "History will repeat itself" effect. Once people can figure out how to get used to 1 hour timer, it will be the same cycle. Books go up the first few weeks and then goes down after months/years.
    Like I said before, This is how the lifecycle of MMORPGs like this really is, current playerbase is already at HT level and soon it will be PB level which makes this 1 hour timer change look like trivial. Without new content frequently, you have end-game players acting like this to "make bosses harder" scenario because why not. It gets boring doing things repetitively and not get anything out of it. Some end-game players especially level 200 will just quit due to boredom.

As said, Chaos HT is the only solution to this a compromise between the two groups. The top players, the newbie players.

• Agree Agree x 7