1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Horntail and another talking. All kind of reactions welcome.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Althariisa, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    9:11 AM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    So, greetings guys I'm bringing another topic, and no. its not shaolin again.

So we're close to the 6th year of service on MapleLegends. this said server has the premise to offer nostalgic content by keeping itself v62 forever. this one had passed from a lot of changes and evolutions with the only purpose of bring fun to the people that want experience the old school maplestory in its prime.

So with the continuous grow of the community server has passed thought a lot of changes. the ones serves as motivation for the work of maintaining it on best shape. but this is not the thing i want to talk about today.

Actual Player base status:

Maplelegends actually has 1,5k-2,2k players online everyday. meaning the market is entirely on constant movement. a lot of things are being sold everyday from the farming. Lots of people means OVERPRODUCTION. which leads to the abundance of items on market, and this abundance makes all the prices on market really vary a lot everyday. lets talk about one of the main issues with this.

Actual price of the horntail's skillbooks:

So, In the first place, Horntail was the endgame boss on the server until Nov of 2020 with the addition of pb. but its still important as a economy generator so this topic deserves to be discussed for the well-being of the server.

First problem: The community has grow too much in "power"

First of all, you can see that there is about +170 Players that has reached lv 200. (Actually in the ranking its 167) but some ppl didnt appealed the "breach ban" or either they got banned by another means. it still counted as an static and a proof that the server its really abundant of level maxed ppl. lets count that there is more than +400 accounts that are lv +175, the things arent like before. all these ppl run horntail everyday so this dragon its being killed more than 65 times a day. but what's the reasoning of this?

Cause the growth of the community in fact there are a lot of powerful weapons arround. looking a perf weapon its very common now.

People had studied all the horntail strategies and dominated em. doing very smooth runs now.

More +155 level players/characters are being generated at a very fast pace. that means more horntail runs made per day.

Second problem: Every player its allowed to run 14 times per week.

So, after talking about the power growth, there is another thing i can point about. is that ppl can run this lot of times ht per weeks, leading more production of skillbooks on the market. all with the addition of the actual player base and levels.

Actual price:

MW 20 its 210-220m and Gen 30 its -70m and dropping. not talking about the remaning sb, an apple its enought to pay em off now.

So, horntail its being overkilled and the books are being underrated more and more. also remember the server needs new players to keep the books viable.

So, this dropping of books only leads to one thing:

Horntail its very unworthy for an endgame player.

PB its locked on 2 times per week. and the profit isnt very big because its gets divided by 30 players. and not always you get something worthy there. so horntail its the only viable option for a bosser. but with the problem explained above i would rather to sell leech INSTEAD running horntail as a player that already reached endgame.

This server needs a CHALLENGE.

Actual horntail its too easy. its not a challenge anymore for an endgame player that had run it more than 500 times and have perf weapons. and im not talking about just one but a lot. remember when i said there is a huge playerbase? well. there are more of 600 acc +155, so Horntail its just a three headed zakum. so its really getting out of the premise of having an challenging server. only looking like child-play. HT needs a upgrade. a solution to make it worth again. Comunity power its already high to take over any challenge, nothing to fear now.

What I Suggest to make ht challenging and rewarding:

1 Hour HT timer: So, 1 hour timer will make ppl reorganize their ideas and find a way to take the boss off. people will need to invest more or take more ppl to their runs to finish it. this really will make ht harder than now. and im sure the quantity of Horntails killed a day will decrease. shortening the quantity of books on the market and raising their prices up. also the ppl that doesnt like to expend 4 hours on cave will only spend 2. If pb its 90 mins and its the endgame boss on legends. so a 60 mins HT its very logic.

An special HT for real challengers: If you dont want to add 1 Hour timer to regular ht cause new players, then make one for endgamers with better rewards like see ws/cs. but making it really hard to clear. can take a chaos ht model maybe. and gives endgame people a new way to make meso instead of just selling leech like normies. 1 Hour timer included here. (If this unbalance somehow the books. you can low the drop rate of the books on reg ht to make player want to try more this one).

Give horntail new skills: If Shaolin monks learned to be inmune to freeze and jump. horntail can learn new tricks too, think about this dragon being killed 65 times per day. it got tired and want to teach the maplers a lesson. Maybe horntail learn to use Damage reflect or ramdom sed. use your imagination. (Maybe you can make mid head do mass sed when its critical).

In the end everyone can give their ideas but, seriously the server its really easy now. level 200 its just the tutorial now; nothing to be proud about. good luck to y'all.

• Creative x 10
    • Disagree x 5
    • Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Useful x 1
  2. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    5:11 AM
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    One concern I have about 1 hour HT timer is that it turns HT into a boss that’s run for drops and no longer exp. 10 man HT gives somewhat okay EXP (50m per run) and 6 man gives a little more EXP at 75m. With a one hour timer, most runners will need to add an extra party to clear the boss within the one hour, which is fine, but I’m sure 3 party horntail runs aren’t going to give much exp. This means that horntail would no longer be a good EXP source until you start running 10-12 man, which is likely going to start at 18x on apples.

This leaves a large gap in between levels 155-180. I don’t think this is fair for ranged attackers who rely on horntail for most of their EXP. Unless there is a buff to EXP in addition to 1 hour timer, I think that this suggestion benefits only level 200 players and those who could care less about EXP.

Down for ht to give ws/cs though, I legitimately think thats a good idea, but it would accelerate our inevitable creep towards a server saturated with strong equips.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ShadowRealm

ShadowRealm Chronos

Jun 18, 2018
    Shadower
    I feel like they should add a "chaos" horntail where it is harder to beat and has more gimmicks. 1 hour HT, 1 run per day, shares count with normal HT, and drops chaos htp, nx, ws/cs, and etc. I could imagine 30 man can still not beat it because of heads doing damage reflect and mass sed is not just arms but every head.

Diverts all strong players to chaos HT and leaves the casual people who just got to HT level to do normal HT

Also at some points, this is gonna happen. MMORPGs progression is will eventually push the average playerbase towards late game. Its inevitable. No matter how many times you are going to talk about horntail is easy. A few years later, we can have another forum post just talking about Pink Bean being too easy becase everyone in that playerbase already have timeless wep and gear at that point.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    Remember that if more ppl to clear a run its required, less overall runs will be done per day. one of the things we really need its to decrease the rate of sucess of horntail to recover the market. in fact there are lots of ws/cs already due our high player base so i dont think this may worry us about.

5. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    8:11 AM
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    Make gen30 and mw20 (and other sb) into a subscription service, Mw365. Renew every 4 months or something.

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    I would like to see this on work.

7. OP
    OP
    Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    Oh my god.

8. Vowels

Vowels Mr. Anchor

Jan 23, 2019
    untrue
    Bishop
    Pasta
    The state of bossing in maplelegends is bad, if horntail isn't more challenging and rewarding what's left to endgame players to do to accomplish their goals?

- 2 pink beans per week (the splits aren't that hot)
    - selling leech / farming mesos

everything else is meme content

what would be fair for those endgame players that have invested so much time into their characters and love to boss, stick to their mage? I think these players concern are very valid too

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    Agreed. I find myself in this situation as well actually. I don’t have a solution for you, but I don’t think only timer reduction makes sense.

If it was a timer reduction coupled with a large EXP buff, (such that 3 party runs get the exp of 2 party runs, and 2 party runs get the exp of 1 party runs), I think most parties would be satisfied. Drops would become more valuable due to fewer runs completing, and everyone would still get solid exp.

Of course 1 party runs would get phenomenal exp, but that party comp would likely be mostly 200’s where exp doesnt matter.

10. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    9:11 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    You forgot to ask 15 mins ZAK. it's very logic if you're logic.

I wish you stop shaking ladder for fellow players, which you climbed up easily, because you're almost done with climbing it.
    Stop scaling game only for you. You tried to be logical but that applies on only very few players like you. not for everyone.

Brilliant idea tho. I'm down for idea like this! MapleF11 Doesn't harm new HT entering players but adding alternative choice for tryharders.

This reminds me 'Malthusianism' which insisted 'reduction of low-stage people' in the end. A bit scared. What you're saying is almost same with what he said. like, 'to preserve value of my state, overproduction should be limited'. no. please. don't roll into that logic.

• Agree Agree x 8
  11. OP
    OP
    Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    Many people had climbbed the ladder very easily, even more faster than me. you gotta accept this server its totally beated. and this is just a suggestion, my words doenst have a real power to change something. so yes. dont say im shaking a ladder the high level player base tells everything also the amount of blue messages about horntail i see everyday. i have all my bases in what im saying not in vane i have 3 years here. and also not talking about zakum cause there isnt a thing needed to be done there. i just ask you "How many time take now to reach 155"? i ve knew people that did it in a month.

12. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    I agree on HT is beaten. please let HT retire. your challenge is beyond HT.
    Suggestion is, way staff team can listen players opinions and that's why you're suggesting. You're saying your suggestion doesn't have real power but it does. If you don't think your suggestion wouldn't be accepted for sure, there's no reason to suggest, but you do. That's shaking ladders.

It's a bit ironic that I have years of playing experience even longer than yours and also had time of kinda being #1 in this server (even though it ended as permaban kekw), but came up with completely different conclusion.

so partially I agree, partially I disagree. for which doesn't harm following players, I'm fking down. like, MORE PB per week, 2 is too limited if we consider PB squad is 30 men. or, adding some 'hardcore mode' for current bosses, for challenging and more reward.
    (and we're doing 'adding hardcore mode' already, with our own ways - 4men, 6men, and so on.)

But I really don't want to see patch goes into raise hurdle up for newcomers. Still, your suggestions are great.

• Like Like x 2
  13. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Chaos HT is a ladder

• Creative Creative x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    There IS something needed to be done. you cant deny bossing its unworthy now.

15. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Can't agree more. actually I do HT not for $ but for collecting my pals death SSs LOL because I lose $ in average whenever I do HT anyway. (bringing too many mules to support pepega friends, because, I love them MapleF15)

But I don't agree on 'bossing MUST be rewardful and most effective way for profit'. maybe that made difference between you and I. You're free to seek alternative way to maximize your profit beside bossing. but what you ask is, 'I don't like anything but bossing but bossing sucks, make it profitable', and for method of it, blocking almost 95% of players from it, which is terrible imo.

I'm sure you're wise enough to get conclusion which doesn't harm others but also nice to you. because, 3yrs+ playing experience is enough to be wise about this game.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. OP
    OP
    Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    Why else you would run horntail if its not for money/exp?.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Good question. since reason why I do HT is, to help newcoming pals get HTP easier thanks for my infinite ress hospital, helping my friends do easier HT because I can make them literally braindead DPMers w/o concern of screwing run because of sed/too many deaths, and sharing fun times with friends together. yes. for me, HT is just nothing but for fun. since I get literally 0 exp from HT and lose $ in average, for doing it.

(FYI : I bring 2 ress mule + 2 TL mule + 1 DK in HT and manage all sed, and care buyers with heal+HB, also care whole squad when they do pepega and die a lot - especially, bishes. so make run much more stale and safe. so reason why I do HT is, basically, for fun, and showoffing what I can do.)

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    Ok im not that altruist to think that way. if its that your way on having fun its ok.

19. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Altruist doesn't showoff, like I do. and I don't have any intention to push you do same like me. in same logic, I don't want you push others into your way. again, if you think bossing is not worth, you can make it worth, or find something else 'worth' for you beside bossing. just not in this way like blocking others.

• Agree Agree x 3