1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Anniversary Event 2021 rant

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Motto, Jun 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    4:33 AM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    just 2 words : maple weapons

2. Loug

Loug Horny Mushroom

Apr 21, 2020
    Male
    11:33 PM
    Loug
    Paladin, Bishop, Marksman, Buccaneer, Corsair
    aren't maple weapons class specific?

3. OP
    OP
    Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Sword and flags aren't

4. Loug

Loug Horny Mushroom

Apr 21, 2020
    Male
    Loug
    Paladin, Bishop, Marksman, Buccaneer, Corsair
    oh right flags exist I totally forgot.

5. Shmoo

Shmoo Horny Mushroom

Oct 16, 2020
    Male
    10:33 PM
    Shmoo
    Warrior
    upload_2021-6-10_18-29-13.png

• Funny Funny x 27
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  6. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    It's the suit...

And perhaps voicing it as a friendly suggestion ;)

7. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    I mean real talk there's a bit of a difference between a friendly suggestion and a 1000 word manifesto outlining all the reasons why you think the staff has their heads up their asses for having planned such a poorly thought-out event after having slaved away on this for months just to make us happy when you've only played it for an hour or two...

Things are obviously not perfect by any means and staff regularly acknowledges that, but can we at least enjoy their hard work and give them constructive criticism in the feedback thread once we have a bit more data? x.x

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander

Opinion ^

Effect v

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Thank you, I don't want any association with this thread

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Alright, I'm probably not going to make myself any more appreciated within this community but Motto is a homie and I did want to briefly chip in concerning the general mood of this thread (both the original post and what followed)

Was the phrasing in the original post warranted? Probably not. The event had been out for a mere 2-3 hours after months of time have been invested into it by staff.
    New things have been tried and I cannot even begin to imagine how difficult it is to try something new and hope that it ends up in a balanced way. For that, staff absolutely has my sympathy and respect, that goes without saying.

However, as is to be expected, balance doesn't always fall perfectly in place when new things are tried and tested. Particularly when a long-anticipated event has a very different feel from what has usually been the trend (especially in recent events, which allowed people to either mule their way to hundreds of raffles or have access to a seemingly infinite number of AP resets) there is bound to be an initial reaction of surprise, perhaps even of frustration.

There have been various hopes and expectations voiced concerning the availability of AP resets this event, as GTOP has introduced yet further struggles on the server. Trivially, this is not something staff should be held accountable for by any means, but they do face the unfortunate position of being the only ones that can provide alternatives.
    That being said, I think a fair few of the aforementioned hopes and expectations might feel crushed in an event where the theoretical maximum amount of AP Resets falls far short of what we have seen in recent events (2000 points nets you 62 AP resets)

Of course, this number is supplemented by NX drops and Golden Tickets, but providing a hard cap on the amount of points obtainable has caused controversy among more people.

I don't mean to justify the tone, length and timing of the original post, I merely hope to at least somewhat calm down a thread that seems like it could very well escalate. It was written in a spur of frustration and I'm sure sentiments will calm down as we get further into the event and discover which things do and do not work.

Please love my homie Motto like I do, let's all try to have a good event OnionSparkOnionSpark

• Friendly Friendly x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    I don't have anything to say about the point gaining system, but I'm very very sad about not being able to farm a lot of AP resets. I'm still having trouble understanding the reasoning why AP resets had to be so limited, because I feel like this goes against the goal of reducing the burden of HP washing. I understand why people feel upset about missing dailies--I've felt that way too--but at the end of the day I don't think anyone should feel bad about not having the time to drench their chairs in sweat on maple, and I don't think the status quo needs to be changed because some people were having FOMO.

Why I think the # of AP resets you can get is dismally small:
    People keep saying you can get 62 AP resets this event. Sure, you can, but most people who are HP washing would not skip out on free INT and HP equips. If you only got 1 ring, the maple leaf, and the specs, all fully upgraded, you'd only have 1275 points remaining. That'll get you 38 AP resets with 35 points leftover; that's worth ~117k NX or 18-23 days of voting, depending on your streak (and assuming you maintain your streak).

I'd even guess that most people who need HP washes also probably want to stack 3 rings, given how much HP they give you. So after that, you'd have 825 points remaining, getting you 25 AP resets and 25 points leftover; that's worth 77.5k NX or 12-15 days of voting.

This feels insanely small because in previous events, especially last year's anniversary, you could farm to your heart's desire. You could also make mules on the same account and transfer AP resets through the cash shop to mitigate the cost of buying the rings/specs. The explanation that they were removed due to people "feeling bad" makes me feel bad--kind of makes me think, "why is my opinion being passed over?". I know you can't please everyone and sometimes you can't have what you want, but it seems like A LOT of decisions have been made recently that favour the more casual players and disadvantage the players who play the game the most.

• Agree Agree x 17
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    I used to share this exact sentiment until I was talked out of it by a few people. The previous abundant availability of AP Resets does make this event feel lackluster (to some) but perhaps the previous supply was a mistake.

I understand that a lot of people are waiting for their attacker to finish washing, but giving every player consistent access to hundreds of AP resets would just lead us to a server where everyone and their mom has a 30k attacker and every boss or achievement would lose it's value.

That's just my view on things, I hope the server can remain in a position where bosses are challenging for as long as possible.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
  13. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    I agree that if everyone could easily get hundreds of AP resets it would be broken, but I think a huge majority of people don't have the time to grind those resets. To get to insane amounts like that, you'd be playing every day, doing the exact same mundane shit for like 8 hours day. Most people would never go that far, and for those that do, I think they should reap all the rewards.

If we really wanted to put a ceiling on the AP resets, 62 (or 25 if you get all the equips) is too low IMO.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  14. codiacs

codiacs Horny Mushroom

May 5, 2020
    Codiacs
    Shadower
    Nani
    Many people might agree with me when I say that part of this server's success might be attributed to how there are long term goals (washing an attacker, farming mesos for gear, affording mw20, etc) to work for, which in turn helps sustain the community we're all here for.

Without commenting on much else from this thread, I'd like to think that this is the staff's efforts to make some of the mid-late game more rewarding to casual bossers. Since attracting more casual/new players is a way of increasing demand for boss items, with the supply relatively unchanged (stronger players who can sell these services). This can in turn make selling boss services more rewarding, giving said new players long term goals to strive for, instead of quitting after they realize there isn't much after kpq and lpq

Thus feeds the circle of (maple) life MapleF2

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    I'm not even interested anymore by the fact that you are getting at max N number of APR or whatever else you want.
    Its what we deserve for what happened during Xmas event with people that farmed 300/400 APR.

The fact you can't trade APR through cash shop in this event is a good bonus for attacking the sweatlords abusing the fact they can make 2-3 mules a day on same account, do some stuff and then delete + reiterate day after.

What I'm after here is... Why are we time locking an event through a point system for which you are instigated to work towards?

Some people prefer pqing, some grinding 24/7, some bossing and some just afking in event map for spawns.
    What I'm seeing is that, if you are in fact interested in playing a certain way and you have a life you can't do it, you'll have to play the most event meta way possible to get most of the event rewards.

Which is basically hpq 50 times a week and then get the remaining 250 points by party grind + some bossing + 5 times jq suicide.

I'll just add here that I'm a useless homeless person that does nothing but rant and chat on Discord so I have the time to waste 12hr/day on maple therefore my opinion is trash, before someone else has to post about this.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. jeff22222

jeff22222 King Slime

Sep 5, 2020
    Male
    FM
    Irlhermit
    Marksman, Night Lord
    Katsu
    Bless your posts. Events are made to be fun sure, and no one is really sitting there being unappreciative of the work the devs and gms do but we all play at different paces. I really struggle to see how handicapping hardcore farmers makes it so that everyone is happy on an even playing field. If you remove the cap, it just creates incentives to really jsut want to play to your hearts content. Whether there's a 2k hard cap or no cap, a casual player is still going to play to their limit. Why would you feel bad if there was no cap and farmed 2k points versus someone that played more and farmed 5-6k. Theyre really not gaining that much. If the economy of the server is what the issue is, just separate all the point values. Make it like old events where 100 etcs got you a raffle for that. Resets/NX clothing can be another category of farming points and if theres maple boxes / other types of raffle, make a separate point/etc farmable for that too. I know its only been a couple hours of the event but its really not hard to see the limitation...its already laid out for us. The event at least for me, someone who did really want to farm a couple hundred resets, just feels like i should just keep doing the things i was normally doing and still get the 2k points without much incentive to do more.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. wolf666

wolf666 Timer

Mar 22, 2020
    Male
    Wolf
    Shadower
    The jump quest should have no cap MapleF3

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    Idk about u guys but I'm just happy that I'm able to get 60 extra apr '-'

• Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    7:33 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    62 AP resets with limitless access to Gold Gach Exchanges.
    Last year I was able to farm ~55 gold gach just by card hunting on my BM. If the drop rates are the same, that'd put this event at 100+ APRs on a dedicated character. Probably even higher with more sweaty strategies.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Nekokoro

Nekokoro King Slime

Apr 6, 2021
    Female
    CC1 FM18
    Nekokoro
    Bishop
    Gang Gang
    That JQ is true unfiltered pain... Wouldn't be better a JQ that requires skill rather than the amount of times you try and luck?...
    Maybe it's me that can't decipher the mobs IA and when they decide to turn and take away my hopes and dreams.

The Pink bean PQ is fun though! :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.