1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Christmas Event 2021 Balance Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Dec 29, 2021.

1. fishboiman

fishboiman Snail

Sep 17, 2021
    Male
    3:03 AM
    SpecialSouth
    I/L Arch Mage, I/L Wizard
    So I have a question regarding this...
    Ill start off by saying I feel like this is only regarding the highlevel characters.. so people who are unable to do these bosses might suffer. What are the lower level people supposed to do, seeing as our main money sorce was collecting white scrolls and chaos scrolls.

I may not be understanding it like I should be as there might be language barriers. Has anything been done for lower levels to gain mesos? I personally am only level 135 and my character is not very strong. I am curious to how this will affect my game play.

I am not here talking down on the update I just want to know what will change for someone like me, as well as many other players who might be in my shoes.

Thanks so much,

<3 Kimmy
    love you Staff!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    12:48 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    Are the pouches guaranteed drops?

3. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    12:03 AM
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    ILs could maybe attack in the opposite direction of bird, though unsure if there would still be some potential for it to do a 180 with beans moving from left to right.

It does feel a bit like ILs no longer have any real niche or advantage over FPs apart from nib and nameless though, and considering ILs aren't brought to nameless for their damage but for their ability to pin, which is something that 175+ FPs have as well, maybe it's really just nib. And that's not even considering the fact that both bosses are super afk content anyways. Could throw a bone their way and maybe keep mini beans' ice weakness or even just buff oblivion exp such that it would be better eph than 5-6.

• Like Like x 4
  4. TigerEgg

TigerEgg Mano

Jul 4, 2020
    Male
    Doom
    Night Lord
    the coin bag drop rates are listed in the table in the original post

5. TWW

TWW Pink Teddy

Dec 12, 2020
    Male
    Cleaveland
    TheWhiteWolf
    Hero
    Misfits
    Let's get some coin pouches from CWK bosses?
    And we're STILL waiting for hero buffs. Thought it was OUR time! OnionCry

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. shck

shck Timer Retired Staff

Feb 10, 2020
    Male
    Singapore
    3:03 PM
    Recube
    Buccaneer
    Bloom
    1) WS and CS prices ended up being pegged to the same currency. Interesting decision after the whole discussion on a 2nd coin, not complaining though.

2) Please reduce HT to 1 entry per character per day, increase the EXP if it matters that much. Fix the potential problem with Books market dying out before it even happens.

3) Since displacement skills messing with aggro have supposedly been fixed, do we still have to @gm in PB runs if duration between DRs are unnecessarily long? We've been diligently doing so each time it reaches 1min late but I've seen & heard of people waiting until 2-3mins late, there has never been a clear indication and it's a huge gray area that can make or break a run.

4) Changes to PB generally feel like it doesn't fix the issue with PB runs being non-inclusive, if anything there's going to be even more nitpicking when selecting which class(es) we want.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  7. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    12:48 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    Oh.. it doesn’t show on google chrome app in portrait mode. Oops. Thanks!

8. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    I think this disproportionately affects people who wanted to WS/CS untradeable gear (leveled timeless, reverse, MoN, BFC). But at the same time, allowing one-time tradability nullifies any punishment to hoarders. So idk, guess suffer losses thru RNG kekw

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    It was mentioned that CWK contains 5 boss each run, and it is hard to balance around that. At least this was the reason why it doesn't drop coin in the last patch.

10. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    At a glance, the little niche I/L had over F/P is basically gone now, yeah. The tradeoff for the strictly inferior blizzard (when's the last time anybody ACTUALLY froze something with blizzard?) was at least versatility in meme bossing options with lightning being significantly better than poison. I/L now appears to be slightly better than f/p only at verga, nib, and nameless and a random assortment of bosses that don't really matter in the grand scheme (bigfoot, anego, crow). I/L will still remain a high tier pick for nib in the game as a whole, and is capable of nameless pin when the pally is tired of bossing, but just about any other relevant content in the game either archmage has no reason to be there, or f/p can just do better simply due to having higher base values for its skills.

I/l is an inferior option in every other aspect of the game barring early 2nd job leveling. Slower in 3rd job, requires much more gear investment to reach hit thresholds for multimage or 5-6, weaker in the "neutral bosses", zak/ht/cwk/pb/scarga unstacked. But if we're removing elemental immunities/resistances, why were Margana and Ariel left out of this? The archmage balance is thrown completely out of whack, though it always has been.

I/L probably gonna have to blizz spam stage 4/5 I guess, and probably just big bang solomon when bird is in dr.

Daily reminder that Ice/Fire Demons exist tho. Give the skills the respectable damage or utility they deserve and there's an option to finally make fire/ice element play that isnt sit-and-spell ult spam (which also won't accidentally aggro the actual run ending sed). It'd even give I/L a *slight* leg up in CWK cleave as the ice-weak thief boss is arguably the most important there. Or at least figure out how to allow Chain Lightning to cleave HT so it can be invited to runs over the much more dangerous F/P. CL doesnt cleave in the content we want it to (HT), but can cleave in the situation we don't want it to (PB). Kek.

Tl;dr Buffing poison removes the one benefit I/L had over F/P: versatility.

#JusticeForDemons

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Aimerrhythm

Aimerrhythm Horny Mushroom

Feb 17, 2020
    Banan1ce
    Hero
    i have 3*180+ chars for boss runs,
    u have 3*180+ chars for boss runs
    lets play this mushroom game 24hrs a day
    ez coins

12. farys77

farys77 Orange Mushroom

May 29, 2019
    Female
    farys77
    Cleric
    cornbread
    It says ws can be traded for the red pouch, but the red pouch will contain 80-100 coins. If traded for the red pouch, how does one know how many coins it'll contain if they chose to buy It?

• Creative Creative x 1
  13. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    fwiw, if the cancel rework has its intended effect, heroes should be very solid picks in HT again.

And if keeping PB facing right is going to be significantly more trying now, archer and sair DPM will suffer whereas heroes and shads will be relatively unaffected, i.e. the relative position of heroes and shads would be improved, likely to the point where they would at least be on par with most BMs, if not better.

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    you dont, so you basically loss money through rng from buying it, and the 10m crafting cost.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    I assume it's RNG and you'll always operate on a net loss (not even accounting for the 10m coin-to-scroll exchange fee). So I sorta lean on allowing a one-time trade for people that want to WS/CS untradeables. Otherwise...

S>White scroll service 95 coins per attempt

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    You'll be knocked off the stairs and will be spamming Heal on the ground floor only, hitting less mobs. Once the cluster of mobs at the bottom stairs dies, you'll be whiffing completely until the mobs on the left bottom of the map move over or until you reposition/kill top

tl;dr no likely not

17. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    warrior minus DK sadge

18. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    was just about to edit that kek

19. farys77

farys77 Orange Mushroom

May 29, 2019
    Female
    farys77
    Cleric
    cornbread

I wonder how much the red pouches will sell for

20. shck

shck Timer Retired Staff

Feb 10, 2020
    Male
    Singapore
    Recube
    Buccaneer
    Bloom
    if we assume a coin costs around 2mil, i'd take an average and go with 90*2=180mil, likelihood of it going for 95*2=190mil should be higher though.
    ultimately, red pouches only drop from PB so as a PB host, i'd open the pouches and distribute coins evenly to runners, any remainder belongs to me, no discussion there :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1