1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Events: How do you feel about them?

Discussão em 'General Discussion' iniciada por Kimmy, 17 Abril 2015.

1. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

11 Dezembro 2014
    Masculino
    Singapore
    21:46
    OnionInnocent

• Like Like x 5
  2. Hyaweh

Hyaweh Slime

19 Abril 2015
    Masculino
    08:46
    KiraYamato
    Warrior
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Tech

Tech Dark Stone Golem

27 Abril 2015
    03:46
    Tech
    I/L Mage
    I agree with this 100%. This sums up the way feel about events quite well =)

4. Hibachi

Hibachi Mano

7 Abril 2015
    Masculino
    09:46
    HIbachi
    Hermit
    Horizon
    They're lit fam

• Like Like x 2
  5. Exiled

Exiled Horny Mushroom

9 Abril 2015
    Masculino
    Exile
    Chief Bandit
    I would only like events if they were big and somewhat meaningful. TBH small GM events don't interest me too much and I would not like to see GMS's habit of creating "collect (event name here) coin" events. If we were to have events, I think it would be really cool to have big ones with lots of content. One event I particularly loved on EMS was the guy fawkes event. It had a lot of cool stuff including a JQ, a PQ, and a boss fight as well as an area for grinding and some nice artwork. Another example of a cool event was the visitor event that GMS had a while back. If you guys could pull off something like that I would shit my pants.

• Like Like x 4
  6. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

11 Dezembro 2014
    06:46
    NSFW
    i agree 100%. GMS events were sooo cool. even something small like that cake vs pie event was awesome. killing the giant cream puff and the giant cake & pies.
    IDK about how open the GMs are to making new graphics just for events though

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pina

Pina Stone Golem

7 Fevereiro 2015
    Masculino
    PodoSoju - Gahm - Only81
    F/P Mage
    Glory
    How about a summer event please.OnionYes

• Like Like x 1
  8. Faith

Faith Skull Splitter

5 Maio 2015
    Masculino
    On a Hill
    iSee
    I/L Wizard
    Tempus

This is great!

9. CDFA

CDFA Second Account/Banned

8 Maio 2015
    Masculino
    Israel
    15:46
    CDFA
    Page
    Dalmascus
    Ive always wanted to see what the Coke event would be like, I think that is something that can fit in Maplelegends events somehow. They had unique Coke items and Coke monsters in the event, and it was very interesting to see. There was also other event where you enter a tent and collect beer from drunk monsters if I remember correctly, I think that is something fun too. To be honest, the smaller GM ones where a GM hides or wheere you have to avoid standing at the spot the GM is on, JQ, etc. - these events are really boring I think. But if there is an event going on, then obviously I'll take part in it whether I like the event or not because I know I have a chance to win a prize if I win. :)

10. JohnCena

JohnCena King Slime

10 Maio 2015
    Masculino
    Cena
    Chief Bandit
    Risque
    Visitor PQ!!

11. Runic

Runic Red Snail

6 Maio 2015
    Masculino
    Esmoz
    Bandit
    none
    People have already said it, but events that give prizes based on an etc item that mobs around your level drop are great. I have always liked this style of event because it makes grinding mobs more rewarding. The prizes should be like an npc where you trade in a range of the etc currency for a range of items. Like 300 coins for a chair. Or 30 coins for a scroll.

12. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

25 Abril 2015
    Masculino
    Gotta catch em all...
    07:46
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Personally, I don't think an event that encourages players to just do what they were already doing is fun or interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Neko

Neko Wolfspider

26 Dezembro 2014
    Neko / Inumimi lvl 6x BM
    Bishop
    Project <3

Such nostalgia for a ems player <3

Think it was the octoberfest event (x

• Like Like x 2
  14. xquzion

xquzion Capt. Latanica

5 Abril 2015
    Masculino
    16:46
    Sean
    was talking with tiko about the sausage heads like yesterday lol, good times

• Like Like x 1
  15. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

2 Janeiro 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
  16. zook

zook Capt. Latanica

12 Abril 2015
    Masculino
    Around
    Candy
    Night Lord
    ~ ~ ~
    AP resets on sale event ^_^ , 2k each or somethin

17. CDFA

CDFA Second Account/Banned

8 Maio 2015
    Masculino
    Israel
    CDFA
    Page
    Dalmascus
    Yeah man, great event. I played on EMS too back in the day, not sure if it was ems-exclusive or not. It was a really fun event and just really cute. I mean, nothing big or something, but still nice. One event that I have never seen in my own eyes though is the coke event, so it'd be nice if these events could be done here in this server at some point if possible of course. :)

18. 0romis

0romis Snail

13 Maio 2015
    Beginner
    I would like to see the old events like golden Richie , Premium mini dungeon, Tomatina, beer tent.

and the holliday events like helloween where you could get Olivia's chair and the attack belts

Last edited: 15 Maio 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  19. AshleyBishop

AshleyBishop Slime

24 Junho 2015
    Masculino
    BlooBear | Jjang | Grookey
    Bishop
    Hi Kimberly,

You posted on another thread and instead of hijacking the other thread... I wanted to give you my feedback on events...since this is more on topic...

First off, let me say that I agree with what the Legends team is focusing on. I think that having a stable/finished/working server is the foundation of any online game (private server or not). Whenever I lag or run into bugs in any game, I want to stop playing. I also understand that with limited staff, it is hard to focus on too much at once (I work in a SaaS company with developers so I fully understand how this works...).

Knowing this, would it make sense to hire more staff to work on events to help speed up this process? I've never participated in an event on MapleLegends, so I am not sure how they operate... or even if they exist.. but here are my suggestions...

If your team had the bandwidth to work on events:

- Let players know the event exists (post this on the forums or even better... on the front page)
    - anniversary event - maple weapons, limited items?
    - Holiday Events - introduce holiday maps and rewards (e.g. thanksgiving weapons)
    - Seasonal Events - introduce tubes in monster drops, GM spawns monsters and attacks towns (e.g zakum or horntail spawn in hene lol)

We don't need to stop at in-game events as well...

Promotion Events:
    - Referral contests (why stop at voting??)
    - Maple Video/movie contest
    - MapleLegends Art Contest

Note: these are only suggestions. I am sure the Legends team has an idea of what they want to work on, but I just wanted to add my thoughts.

I just joined the server and one thing that I miss so much from old GMS are the GM events, seasonal events, etc. I found an old page that can help us reminisce!!

http://maplestory.Neckson.net/news/events/past-events?page=80

If the Legends team ever needs feedback/suggestions, I'm happy to provide mine at any time! :)

• Like Like x 2
  20. AshleyBishop

AshleyBishop Slime

24 Junho 2015
    Masculino
    BlooBear | Jjang | Grookey
    Bishop
    Just saw we're having an independence day event! Awesome! THIS is why I donated to this server. You guys are awesome :)