1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Gachapon observations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tech, May 4, 2015.

1. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    5:20 PM
    NSFW
    Sure, the gacha-powered economy can be an issue. But it will go away when the server isn't so young and when we get to the point of being able to do frequent Zakum runs and things like that.

It has been addressed by nerfing gachapon. You said that that doesn't represent the underlying issues of gachapon but I'd challenge you to tell us a good way to combat this.

2. OP
    OP
    Tech

Tech Dark Stone Golem

Apr 27, 2015
    2:20 PM
    Tech
    I/L Mage
    What makes you so sure? Could you explain how frequent Zakum runs is going to change the dependency of gachapon items? Other then Zak helms and a few of the skill books (possibly the level 120 pole arm Eviscerator) i can't think of anything Zakum drops that's useful that you can't get from anywhere else.

3. David

David Pink Teddy

Apr 2, 2015
    Male
    7:20 PM
    Outside of players who do nothing but gach and sit around, this is untrue. I have used 140 tickets, and made about 30m off of them. By training, I make between a 5-10m a day profit, and vastly more before accounting for potion costs. The vast, vast majority of my, and other players who actually train's income comes from actively playing the game.

The only major "best in slot" item that I can think of that comes exclusively from gachapon is the PAC/PGC, which is still extremely rare. Outside of that, all of the big time rewards from gachapon that I can think of can be obtained by other means as well.

I am entirely unsure as to how you're calculating this. Unless you go by and survey shop owners person by person, this seems to be an assumption with little ground to stand on.

4. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    getting to the point of being able to zak frequently is not the same as depending on zak for items, i'm not sure where you got that from
    we will never be independent of gach and we weren't in gms either
    i'm saying that when we get to that point, it will stop being an issue. i didn't say that it will go away
    the mongols stopped being an issue in the 1330s but they are still here

5. OP
    OP
    Tech

Tech Dark Stone Golem

Apr 27, 2015
    Tech
    I/L Mage
    So how will it stop being an issue?

Yeah, i agree that making that type profit is completely possible and i know a few people who train at Ghost ship that do. However, making the amount of mesos you do a day is heavily influenced by your level. What i would like to reiterate here is that my observations were based on the majority of the current player base. I don't know your class or level but I'm going to take a stab in the dark here and guess your upwards of level 70.

I have to disagree with you on that "best in slot" items can be obtained by other means. Off the top my head all Elemental mage weapons, DK Skis, all 7 slot gloves, all atk, matk capes, tradeable face/eye accessory's, several earrings (ex: Red Emerald Earring) are all gachapon only (Regular stat builds might not agree with the above items). Those are just the equips, and i haven't even mentioned the exclusive scrolls. Chaos scroll being one and is infamous for being an end game scroll.

Last edited: May 5, 2015
  6. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    people will have better things to worry about than some dumb gach

7. OP
    OP
    Tech

Tech Dark Stone Golem

Apr 27, 2015
    Tech
    I/L Mage
    I'm not disagreeing with you. I just want to know what makes you so sure?

8. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    happened in every other v62 lowrate and happened in gms. i don't know of any evidence to disagree with it happening here

9. OP
    OP
    Tech

Tech Dark Stone Golem

Apr 27, 2015
    Tech
    I/L Mage
    Fair enough. I'm interested in what equips they used in place of the gachapon items mentioned through out this thread but that might be asking a lot.

10. Tobi

Tobi Slime

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    2:20 AM
    Tobi
    Assassin
    I do think gacha's are a problem. And there's something that should change.
    An idea maybe: double/change the cost of gachapon tickets.

Less gachapon items in FM. Gachapon items will have more worth hence their rarity (look at shinobi bracer for example, there's more bracers then there are assassin's). A more steady economy without relying to much on gachapon. Ppl will think more about where to spend nx on.

I'd actually rather have a server dependant on the game item itself without dexless/lukless/etc builds that rely on outside money(votes)

Just an idea and I might be wrong. Just sharing my thoughts.

• Like Like x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Tech

Tech Dark Stone Golem

Apr 27, 2015
    Tech
    I/L Mage
    Thanks Tobi. Glad they're other like minded people on this server.

Currently I'm not trying to push any suggestions on anyone. Just looking to see if others feel the same as i and if they do, we can collectively start another thread for suggestions.

Last edited: May 5, 2015
  12. Crafty

Crafty Pink Teddy

Jan 18, 2015
    Male
    England
    1:20 AM
    Kube
    Thief
    Dalmascus
    As previously stated by many other people. The servers economy kind of has gone bad, because of the amount people can Gacha... By the means of Gacha, youcan work into getting these godly equips and throw them straight onto the FM. Where's the fun in that, I think Gachapon should be tweaked with the items they throw out and percentage of chance they throw them out at.

Basically through 6 days you can earn an amount of 30,000 cash. This results in 35 Gachapon tickets, with the rate Gachapon throws out 35 tickets is more than enough to make yourself a hell of a lot of money, (all dependant on the items you get of course...) If it's not to be tweaked, I atleast think Gachapon should be a more expensive treat, especailly as Nx is given free and there's not really much else to spend it on. Yeah you can get cosmetics, but why would you do that first if you have the chance to make a load of easy money? My first 5 Gachapons gave me Stonetooth, YWG, and Crap. But that's still quite good (The sword and YWG.) It also depends on item stats as well. Would it be possible to edit the stats of the items it gives out? I feel the stats of items play a huge role in the prie and economy at the moment too.

I wouldn't say the economy is fine or great. I'd say it's pretty bad at the moment. The rich get richer really, (Scrolling items and selling them for high price, which no-one else can afford because they haven't had the opportunity to sell such items.)

Basically, I just think it should be rarer to get good items from Gachapon since it's now a 'free' service. Up the ratio of Elixirs and such.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tobi

Tobi Slime

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    2:20 AM
    Tobi
    Assassin
    No problem :)
    Also, i came up with another idea that sounds pretty good to me!
    Limit the gacha per account, per week. To a point where theres a stable economy that is not heavily dependant on gacha.
    Then to compromise for this, host more GM events where you give class-specific Gacha rewards for 1-2-3rd place that are soulbound.

What do you think?

14. OP
    OP
    Tech

Tech Dark Stone Golem

Apr 27, 2015
    Tech
    I/L Mage
    Good stuff Crafty!
    I think i read someplace about the gachapon rewards being GMS like. I wouldn't want to do anything to change that or even change the stats of the items that are given from gach. However your second suggestion similar to @Tobi@Tobi 's would most likely be the best route. More on this later as i don't want to get into suggestion anything in this thread.

15. Crafty

Crafty Pink Teddy

Jan 18, 2015
    Male
    England
    1:20 AM
    Kube
    Thief
    Dalmascus
    Yeah, I'd rather keep this thread to discussion simply because if we can all agree or even put to a vote on what can be done, and what can or will help the economy, much less than just gachapon itself.

But great work on getting opinions and such. I'd love to hear more opinions on this matter and possibly/eventually come to a conclusion.

Yeah, I understand that the item stats shouldn't be changed but it was simply a suggestion, I pretty much knew it wouldn't be taken into account considering the server is trying to be as GMS like as possible. However, I do think something should be done with Gacha since it's meant to be a paid advantage item.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Distance

Distance Dark Stone Golem

Jan 23, 2015
    Male
    3:20 AM
    Great topic you brought up for discussion. I'd say:
    1. Make the Shrine Gachapon donor/event-reward/rare-monster-drop-exclusive. This would bring people to gach around Victoria Island with their vote cash.
    2. Make the VIctorian gach give out Shrine tickets, at a small chance.
    3. With 1 and 2 applied, it'd be neccesary to buff the Shrine gach with either higher chances to get good equipment or implementation of more items/scrolls.
    4. Balance Victoria Island gachapon to give out a lot of crap and somewhat class specific equips.
    The items being sold right now in FM really are mostly mushroom shrine gach items, and I see that as a major problem.

• Like Like x 2
  17. ROFLS

ROFLS Mushmom

Jan 9, 2015
    8:20 PM
    A lot of the suggestions here still don't deal with core issue (in my opinion), which is about gacha-exclusive items. Some of these suggestions I think might actually exacerbate the problem.

@David@David -- Many of the scrolls from gacha are not available ANYWHERE else... And many more are 'available' only through a 10% chance as a one-time quest reward.

18. OP
    OP
    Tech

Tech Dark Stone Golem

Apr 27, 2015
    Tech
    I/L Mage
    Thanks for the suggestion Tobi. Keep those gears turning bro.

I'm trying to avoid talking about suggestions in this thread as that's actually a lot more controversial but i noticed and agree that it might be difficult.

What I would like to achieve with the discussion at this point is:
    1. Continue collecting feedback from other community members to identify gachapon in it's current implementation is in fact problematic.
    2. Identify all the possible points of failure.
    3. Sort them by the most problematic and what would have the largest impact once fixed. (Choosing our battles wisely is important here)
    4. Focus my (our?) energy to coming up with a solution for each point of failure.
    Sharing your prior experiences from other comparable servers might be of some help. @NSFW@NSFW did something similar but didn't give any sort of insight.

Thanks for understanding and i think we're on the right track here. I appreciate your participation.

Nice suggestion. So i don't sound like a broken record, please see my response to @Tobi@Tobi 's suggestion.
    You're on the right track and I'm glad you've put in some effort to come up with a solution.

19. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    6:20 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Hmm. I don't think there's anything wrong with the way things are now. Sure, I guess on average there's more gash items in the economy per person that you'd find on GMS.

Is it unfair? Well, since anyone can get 5k nx a day just by voting, it isn't. If you want to spend all your nx on gash, that's up to you. If you want to spend a big chunk of that making your character look unique, or wasting smegas, that's also your decision.

Is that a bad thing in general? I wouldn't really say so. It's nice to give people opportunities to get those really rare scrolls and gears. And the items found aren't "I win buttons".

20. OP
    OP
    Tech

Tech Dark Stone Golem

Apr 27, 2015
    Tech
    I/L Mage
    You might be completely right about nothing being wrong with it. At the same time, you could be wrong and that's what we're trying explore here. As of right now, you and a large portion of this servers population is operating under the premise that everything is okay (in context to what this discussion is about). A few others in this thread including myself are able to see past that and are able to identify the potential issues lying within. Anywho... One thing is for certain. The current state of the economy is not GMS like.