1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Jean Event Assistant

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Naveh, May 4, 2015.

1. Naveh

Naveh Slime

Apr 22, 2015
    Henehoe
    10:04 PM
    Vazdias
    Thief
    Events!

Explain
    Well, everybody knows,
    [​IMG] Jean Event Assistant NPC right?
    If you don't. Jean is the NPC that take care of "GM Events" in global.

The Suggestion
    My suggestion is making the NPC as MapleLegend auto events maker!
    Auto events that GMS Like can offer us or whatever event that the staff will choose:
    [​IMG]

Examples
    Auto events can be every 6 or 12 or 24 hours for example, every time the system will choose a random event from the list!
    There will be a notice that will tell everybody ingame that "A auto event is about to start on ch X in X minutes, come talk to Jean for more information."
    If its an event like Ola Ola or Fitness Test there will be X amount of time to finish it, who that will finish will win and who that won't will lose.
    If its an event like Snow Ball or Coconut Harvest its works with 2 teams antil 1 team wins!

Auto events that gets alot of winners(Like Snow Ball)=Small prizes. (Pots, Scrolls\Level 50-90 items\5,000 NX\Buffs\and more)
    Auto events with low number of winners(Like Ola Ola)=Better prizes. (Special NX, Level 90-120 weapons\Rare items\ and more)

Why making this kind of system?
    -Letting us the players more access to items the game can offer.
    -Its really fun.
    -Will attract more players to play.
    -Less GM Events needed.
    -Cool things to do together with friends and MapleLegend community.
    -Alot more!

What you think?

All for the best, Naveh.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jaikor

Jaikor Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Jan 5, 2015
    12:04 PM
    Not a fan of automated events

• Like Like x 2
  3. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    3:04 AM
    I also am unsure how feasible it is to leave everything to automated code. Plus, one event every 24 hours is quite a lot. Events are more rare and special in this server.

But it would be nice to make use of Jean perhaps when events do take place, maybe formal ones that are announced beforehand so that people can find Jean before it starts.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tech

Tech Dark Stone Golem

Apr 27, 2015
    9:04 AM
    Tech
    I/L Mage
    100% against this. Auto events like this don't take into account all the different time zones and only caters to the few lucky one. We have seen this implemented in other servers like the famous Field of Justice (FOJ). What this event system does is isolates everyone who wasn't able to be logged in at that exact minute of the event from the lucky few who were. Any event system that is ever added should provide access and opportunity for participation to EVERYONE on the server regardless of timezone.

Long term events are always the way to go and it seems majority of this community feels the same, see this thread. Use GMS events as an example. Holiday, Maple Anniversary, and just plain random events took place over multiple days and ALWAYS came with a notice before hand.

Tldr; All events in my opinion should be made available to everyone and provide equal opportunity.

5. OP
    OP
    Naveh

Naveh Slime

Apr 22, 2015
    Henehoe
    Vazdias
    Thief
    So I don't think you know how those events works. Those events EVERYBODY can win. About the time zone, this is why I offered even every 6 hours, every timezone will be able to join. Holiday and Maple Anniversary are VERY different from this.

6. Alpha

Alpha Chronos

Apr 22, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Vanish
    Assassin
    Basic
    Auto events are bad idea. This server is GMS like.
    This idea, is bad for this server and for any other GMS Like server.

7. Tech

Tech Dark Stone Golem

Apr 27, 2015
    Tech
    I/L Mage
    I was reluctant to reply to this due to your ignorant reply but figured someone needs to explain what the problem here is.

Will this system operate like "Field Of Justice" on other servers? Yes/No? If yes, then i have full understanding of how they work.

What you don't understand is that everyone doesn't have equal opportunity with these types of events. I don't know how you don't get that? You said "Auto events can be every 6 or 12 or 24 hours for example". What that means is that everyday at the same time the same players will have access to these events and anyone who happens to be offline for what ever reason wont. Take sometimes and think about what you just suggested and what i just said.

8. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    9:04 PM
    Moderator Post
    We already have plans to sometime replicate how events were hosted in GMS, but this is for far future, since we still have a lot of other priorities. Fully automatic will not happen due to many reasons, but I leave this open for people to brainstorn.

• Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Naveh

Naveh Slime

Apr 22, 2015
    Henehoe
    Vazdias
    Thief
    Where you think I got this NPC from? A custom server? No, the GMS like one. Its GMS like only that GMs won't need to be involved.
    Its no matter if they will be offline, there will be alot of chances to join again. 0.o
    Who said that the players who will allways join will allways win?..
    EVERYBODY can join, there no "lucky players" that will get in. EVERYBODY can. There will be a notice that will say 10-5-2 mins before the event start.
    "For some reason you're offline" - Its no matter if they will be offline, there will be alot of chances to join again. Don't tell me now "If he can't join even 1 time from the 4 times of every 6 hours" so its his problem. 4 time in a day its enough chances.

10. Tech

Tech Dark Stone Golem

Apr 27, 2015
    Tech
    I/L Mage
    I never said anything about winning but hey... looks like you got this all worked out. Good luck OnionPerfect

11. Stas.

Stas. Windraider

Mar 27, 2015
    Male
    Tel-Aviv, Israel
    I say no.
    Only because i follow others here that just auto reject evreything

12. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    if you want auto events, should at least make them original = =

13. OP
    OP
    Naveh

Naveh Slime

Apr 22, 2015
    Henehoe
    Vazdias
    Thief
    What you mean by saying that? The events are originial Wizet\Neckson. I'm just suggesting to make it working. :|

14. Nostalgia

Nostalgia Orange Mushroom

Mar 22, 2015
    Male
    Nostalgia
    Crossbowman
    I say yes to using Jean to go events when hosted by GM's (and his brothers too lol). But no to automatic events.