1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Share Tips for Getting over Heartbreak

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Leslie, May 16, 2015.

1. Leslie

Leslie Dark Stone Golem

Jan 4, 2015
    Female
    Joo Won's Bedroom
    12:19 AM
    Exactly what the thread title says. FoxF4

If you have been through it and want to share what helped you, or even if you haven't, any advice would be nice! Please share. :)
    I'd like to make this into a long list (for completely selfish purposes). Add anything you'd like! Even if it seems ridiculous or impractical.

To start it off:

• Spend time with your pets. Playing with them and taking care of them.
    • Read your favorite book. Escape to someone else's world for a while.
    • Sleep(?) I guess this might not be a good one.
    • Do homework, research, or other mentally challenging tasks.
    • Don't play the same private server as your ex? HA.

Last edited: May 16, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    6:19 AM
    Moderator Post
    100% distract yourself. I had times when I got very sad because of a specific person leaving or a fight I got into someone I cared about a lot. There were times I actually had to leave the specific person, and what helped me a lot is just distract myself and find people that make me happy. Slowly over the days with those friends that make you happy, you are back to where you were, because you realize that there's so much more left in life, so its time to move on.

• Like Like x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    Leslie

Leslie Dark Stone Golem

Jan 4, 2015
    Female
    Joo Won's Bedroom
    I logged onto MapleLegends after so many weeks off to try to meet new people again and make new friends. Lo and behold who is playing this server... Seriously. I'm annoyed because I'm the one that picked it out and I feel like this is MY home, but I don't know if there is enough room here for both of us. I feel like puking.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Liam

Liam Brown Teddy

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    London/ Bristol/ Boston MA
    5:19 AM
    Liam
    Warrior
    Chin up! The feeling will leave soon enough, just act civil and respectful but make no efforts to meet up. As you said before bury yourself in hobbies and meet new people. It will be fine I promise!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tsurai

Tsurai Red Snail

Apr 11, 2015
    Male
    7:19 AM
    Tsurai
    Hunter
    I didn't, you just have to learn how to live with it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Reptar

Reptar Timer

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    California
    9:19 PM
    Reptar
    I/L Wizard
    Horizon
    When I was younger i'd turn any left feelings i had for the person into hate and just stop talking to them. If it wasn't meant to be it's not meant to be. If it is you'll find out later. Nowadays i'm just numb when it comes to relationships and i love it. My gf could dump me today and i wouldn't care.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tsurai

Tsurai Red Snail

Apr 11, 2015
    Male
    7:19 AM
    Tsurai
    Hunter
    You're messed up my friend. I feel bad for your girlfriend.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Reptar

Reptar Timer

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    California
    Reptar
    I/L Wizard
    Horizon
    She's the same way i am don't worry.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Xizz3l

Xizz3l Mushmom

May 5, 2015
    Male
    Xizz3l
    Outlaw
    Majestic
    Not quite over it yet but I guess not supressing my emotions helped me a bit and it's healthy too afaik
    If you feel like tearing up, just do it, you'll feel much better the day after

Other then that the already mentioned distraction and time spent with friends etc. is always good

• Like Like x 1
  10. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    If you broke up for a reason like it just wasn't working out or something and you were unhappy, then you can keep reminding yourself that it's better this way. The person wasn't fit for you so you can continue your path to look for someone that is. If you keep thinking like that then eventually you'll realise that you're better off without them. If you keep thinking of the person you were with before then you'll never get back on that path. That's how I did it I guess. I realised how unhappy I was and how much more happy I am now we're apart and I pretty much got over that person instantly.

• Like Like x 1
  11. KOSEM

KOSEM Selkie Jr.

Jan 5, 2015
    Israel
    I had one that really touched my heart, and on the very first date, only like 30 minutes later she broke up with me, probably in the most disgusting way possible at the time. I know however that it was me doing or saying something wrong that made her leave me, so I have learned an important lesson from my mistake with her, and this gives me better knowledge of how to treat girls in general. Yes, obviously, I felt terrible and that I really want her to be with me again, but there was nothing I could do. So I am sort of moving on. You can never 100% move on from someone who has truly touched you heart, but what can be done is to simply focus on other things. Meet new girls and people, hang out with good friends, ask them for advice/motivation on the matter, etc. I did just that and arleady felt better. The point of all this is, you need to make yourself feel as if this wasnt that big or serious at all, and that it doesnt affect you that much anymore. Thats how you minimize the effect - you make it make you feel less affected by it, by focusing on other things and telling yourself that you have to move on. Its not worth going crazy over ONE SINGLE person. There are a million other girls out there just waiting for me, and that fact alone would make me happy. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    Stop getting attached to people.
    Just kidding.
    Not really.

It goes away with time. Until that time, just party it up.

13. Linnie

Linnie Mano

Apr 5, 2015
    Female
    Linnie
    I/L Wizard
    I can't really say what is the best remedy for me. I've only been in one relationship and it lasted two and a half years. I remember our close friends thinking we would always be together, and a part of me believed it too because of how in-sync we were. However, we did not see eye-to-eye in our future. I know that might sound a little weird to already plan for the future but the way I see it is you'll either marry this person or be in a relationship with them until death or you'll eventually break up with them (maybe this is why I don't do relationships very well, haha). So, we knew that we couldn't change the other person's mind so we decided it was best to separate. It's sometimes weird because we attend the same uni even though I rarely see him (considering over 30,000 people attend) so I can't completely cross him out of my life. I don't hate him, but I also don't love him.

^ Wow that was random nonsense. To answer the central topic of this post, I found rejoice through reading books and just listening to music. I really just listen to any non-vocal music and I enjoy reading as long as I'm the one who decides what it is.

I'm not too concerned with finding 'the one.' I think it's something society stresses and although I'm not trying to act like a contrarian, I just have a lot that I want to do and realize I probably won't be in one spot for a lengthy period of time to maintain a steady relationship. But hey, who knows? Maybe there's one guy out there who can handle my itinerant, capricious predispositions.

Just take life one day at a time. Love yourself before you try to get someone else to love you (corny af but I believe it's essential). The ocean waters will always move, the wind will continue to blow, and everything will take its course. Relationships are not as important as they may seem (but we all have different ideas in terms of what we find important, so I will not argue against it), focus on your future goals and continue to cultivate your own self.

And just read books, it's an amazing use for when you're feeling stressed/depressed/etc.

:)

• Like Like x 1