1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

An NPC that sell ITCG-related items

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by JohnCena, May 19, 2015.

Should they be obtained via shop, lottery, or both?

1. Shop

2. lottery (a la gachapon)

3. Both!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. OP
    OP
    JohnCena

JohnCena King Slime

May 10, 2015
    Male
    1:31 AM
    Cena
    Chief Bandit
    Risque
    If you read my post you'd see that I'm all for taking those items out

2. boost3r

boost3r Slime

Apr 13, 2015
    Paladin
    I like the idea of being able to obtain items from high level mobs ~ not limited to NLC, but also in other areas of the world to encourage exploration of lesser populated regions. (Herb town/El Nath/Ariant)
    It was stated above that a few items are more valuable than others. Increase the recipe requirements for the OP products, perhaps?

3. Tech

Tech Dark Stone Golem

Apr 27, 2015
    10:31 PM
    Tech
    I/L Mage
    You're right, I apologize about that. I miss read your post.

Back on topic -

Separating the items into different distributions avenues seems unnatural to me.

I'm all for adding these items into the game, but I'm 100% against adding ANY of those items into an NPC for the exchange of mesos.

4. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    2:31 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Well, the players are going to have to buy something useful with their mesos other than pots, otherwise there's going to be nothing taking mesos out of the economy and it'll all explode, making them practically worthless.

5. Gi

Gi Windraider

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    10:31 AM
    Personally I'm more in favor of a limited (but steady) supply chain. This way it's ensured these items don't become common.

Back in the ol' days having an iTCG item was something special. Let alone having a whole set of iTCG items. If a simple mesos for items exchange would be added (even with a lottery aspect) it would be too easy IMO. You get the items simply for playing the game? I think iTCG deserves something more.

I really don't see the issue with a level 10 getting (part of) an iTCG item either. The chance you, as a new player, can get it is a huge motivation to play. If there would be nothing other than the grind... that would be boring.

• Like Like x 2
  6. lottamoose51

lottamoose51 Mushmom

Mar 29, 2015
    Male
    4:31 AM
    Weed
    Horizon
    No

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tech

Tech Dark Stone Golem

Apr 27, 2015
    10:31 PM
    Tech
    I/L Mage
    You're absolutely right by that. However, making these items obtainable by mesos from an NPC wont solve that problem. These items (and it's upgrades) are not endgame items and some of these items are not even worth scrolling compared to a reference item. Selling these items by the suggested means will in fact take mesos out of the economy but nowhere near the amount required to fix the problem you stated. That statement is based on the assumption that the prices of them are not to low and unreasonably high like someone already suggested.

Just a side note that we should be mindful of: Every time we add a new weapon/equip into the game it reduces the price of it's mob dropping counterpart. It's already pretty bad that most of the items we find from mobs don't carry any sort of value. Disclaimer for the incompetent: This doesn't necessarily mean I'm against the adding of these or any other item.

8. mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    I agree that iTCG items should be rare. I'm only supporting this suggestion because I'm adamantly against the items being given away through social media. No one has brought up any other iTCG suggestions than this so that's why I'm supporting it at the moment. Gachapon is already available to low levels and gives lots of mesos and best-in-slot items for no effort.

So we already have something that gives OP rewards for no effort.

Can we AT LEAST make iTCG hard to get but in-game only? iTCG items give facestompers, SCG and cilbis. The items, or the items needed to craft them, are too OP to be given out for free.

I'm tired of shit being handed to people here.

Last edited: May 21, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Swage

Swage Blue Snail

May 17, 2015
    Male
    Herpes
    Brawler
    Risque
    yea, having things like facestompers, scgs, cilbi, whatever handed out via social media is not a good way to do it. The way I'd prefer is if they were something you had to work for, put in the time farming all the mats+meso or whatever to eventually get them - The system to aquire them doesnt really matter to me, as long as I can get them through farming/work instead of just social media RNG

• Like Like x 1
  10. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    lol what? other than beta hat, when has anything ever been handed to anyone here?
    why are you making things up?

11. mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    Gachapon

12. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    People spend nx for a chance to win. Are you going to say scrolls are handouts too? I mean it's just chance. What about mob drops?

13. mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    I think you're missing my point. Gachapon requires no effort. You don't even have to play the game. You just vote and then buy the tickets. Since we already have a system in game that rewards you (a lot) with no effort or gameplay at all required, I don't think iTCG should be the same.

14. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    Yes, it does take less in-game involvement but it requires more community involvement and interaction, which in my opinion is just as or more important.

Also, I don't think they're just gonna have an itcg code and just put it up like that, there will probably be some contest or quiz for it.

15. Gi

Gi Windraider

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    10:31 AM
    Voting has an important role in creating traffic for the server. [Hypothetically - if this were added] Social Media also creates traffic and attention for the server. While it costs you no effort, I still think it's logic there's a nice reward for helping out the server?

16. mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    I just don't think that being "involved in the community" is deserving of best in slot items. Maplestory is a game, and you should have to play it to be rewarded....

EDIT: In this case, the rewards are very good. I understand you guys want to reward people for promoting the server but give them something other than best in slot items. That's so broken and ridiculous.

• Like Like x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    JohnCena

JohnCena King Slime

May 10, 2015
    Male
    Cena
    Chief Bandit
    Risque
    I think that distributing these items through social media is pants-on-head retarded. It requires no effort on the part of the player, and limits the potential number of itcg items to 1 per player. I think that there should be potentially infinite items available, as long as people are willing to grind the fuck outta something.

That being said, I dont think implementing social media rewards is a bad idea.
    Just keep it to something relatively benign. (NX maybe? Smegas? A pet that you can only get by liking the facebook page?)

• Like Like x 1
  18. mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    I completely agree. Rewarding players through social media is ok but it's unbelievably ridiculous to reward them with iTCG items. It's also not fair because, as John said, it's 1 per person. Even iTCG items in GMS weren't one per person since you could get as many packs as you want. There needs to be a way to obtain them in game. Make them hard as fuck if you want. I'm fine with that and I'm sure other high levels would be too. They're best in slot items and it SHOULD be hard to get. Social media is just not the right answer.

19. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    2:31 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Oh, hi there. New to maplestory? Welcome to low rates. Grinding is about all there is. :p ... with that out of the way, I wouldn't say retweeting some crap and spamming facebook is that productive OR some form of entertainment worth mentioning. Basically, if you have a problem with game play, adding iTCG items to the server using a method that has absolutely nothing to do with game play will not help.

That's a form of the perfectionist fallacy. I know we need a shit-ton of stuff to be added to the server as money sinks to have a substantial effect, but every little bit will count. Just because this one idea by itself won't singlehandedly do it doesn't mean it will not help though.

You're also right on your second point, somewhat, but it's just how supply and demand work. Since most items being discussed aren't endgame, however, I hardly think it matters.

20. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    9:31 AM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    IDC how it happens. Just put crystal ilbi in the game.

They are sex.

• Like Like x 1