1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Navigating Updates and Changes in ML: A User's Perspective

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by FrankMeister, Dec 26, 2022.

1. FrankMeister

FrankMeister Mano

Dec 16, 2022
    Male
    1:32 PM
    Hi, my name is Frank. I've been playing MapleLegends for only a few months, but as someone who enjoyed MapleStory throughout my childhood, I've noticed some differences in MapleLegends.

One thing that I've found challenging is trying to find information about updates and balance changes in the game. I've spent some time searching through forum posts, but there are so many that span multiple years, and it can be difficult to find the information I'm looking for. I've tried using the search function on the forum, but it hasn't been very helpful.

There are also update notes scattered across different articles with titles like "Anniversary Balance Changes" or "Client Patch Notes," which makes it hard to know what information is contained in each article.

Here are my suggestions for improving the forum design:

1. Make all update notes and balance changes searchable. For example, if I want to know about changes to party quests that were made in the past few years, I should be able to search for "party quest" and see a list of articles that contain information about those changes.

2. Organize update notes into more general categories with clear labels. For example, if I want to see all of the changes that have been made to party quests, I should be able to click on a "party quest" category under the update notes section.
    If you have any questions or you hope to hear more detailed or specific information or examples related to this idea, feel free to let me know. I hope these suggestions will help make the forum a more user-friendly place for people to find the information they're looking for. I really enjoy the MapleLegends community and I'm grateful for the balanced and nostalgically enjoyable experience that the game provides. Thank you for considering my suggestions.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    10:32 PM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    People generally use tags for that, located at the top left of the page for threads.

Not really sure why people aren't utilizing it though, it helps for reasons you're mentioning.

• Like Like x 1
  3. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    2:32 AM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    FrankMeister

FrankMeister Mano

Dec 16, 2022
    Male
    1:32 PM
    Thank you for sharing this information. It's very helpful for casual readers to quickly understand the general changes in the server. However, for those who are new to ML and would like to know more about the details, it would be really helpful if the general descriptions in the post were linked to a dedicated post that explains the specifics in more depth.

• Agree Agree x 1