1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Unused ETC items in MapleStory?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Redwop, Nov 26, 2022.

1. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    2:32 AM
    I/L Arch Mage
    The Chumji watermelon is amazing. It's absolutely massive--when dropped on the ground, it's big enough to cover up the whole player character. When there are event maps that don't let you pick up dropped items, I love tossing it on the ground and seeing the reactions from other players. :D

2. OP
    OP
    Redwop

Redwop Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jan 27, 2016
    7:32 PM
    Someone's Hat drops from Shade in Kerning City's Subway. No use for it yet either.

3. OP
    OP
    Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
  4. bienfu

bienfu Pac Pinky

Aug 14, 2022
    Male
    secondpink
    Beginner
    The event trophy.

5. OP
    OP
    Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    Yeah, definitely — and seems to have always been intended to be that way.

6. OP
    OP
    Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    To make use of Butter-Toasted Squid, Icarus could have a follow-up quest asking for it named "I'm Hungry".

(One of his earlier quests is called "I'm Bored")

7. OP
    OP
    Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
  8. OP
    OP
    Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
  9. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    The Ice Tear is just beautiful.

I'm a collector. I've been collecting a stack of 200 (or 100 when the game disallows more than 100) of every etc item in the game. While my collection is not yet complete, I have wished some of these things would be useful eventually. Kimmy had a great Halloween Event one year where these types of unused etc drops were needed and I thought it was a fantastic idea that worked well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    I agree.

Best of luck with completing the rest of your collection! You've invested a lot of your time doing this for yourself and the community.

It's definitely possible to integrate unused ETC items and have them in more regular quests and exchanges (including crafting). Very interesting to hear that a previous Halloween event here had considered unused items!

11. bienfu

bienfu Pac Pinky

Aug 14, 2022
    Male
    secondpink
    Beginner
  12. OP
    OP
    Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    Are you referring to the Zakum Diamond?

13. bienfu

bienfu Pac Pinky

Aug 14, 2022
    Male
    secondpink
    Beginner
    No. Normal diamonds.

No value outside if wedding rings

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    Every char needs 5 Diamonds to complete a quest in Omega Sector, as well as 1 Diamond for some Milk from an NPC to complete another quest on Victoria Island.

15. OP
    OP
    Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    Diamonds are requested for in quests, namely Recovering VIP Ticket to Florina Beach, Cold Milk (part of the Mr. Wetbottom questline), and Allegro, the Master of the Rings.

It's also asked for in job-restricted quests: Third Material for Building a New House (Magician) and Maya's Last Collection (Bowman).

You can use Diamonds in crafting to create armor and weapons. However, crafting itself is really unpopular in general.

I do agree with you though that Diamonds could present more value in other (more relevant) aspects of the game.

16. FrankMeister

FrankMeister Mano

Dec 16, 2022
    Male
    5:32 PM
    I always see ETC items as a way to make a little extra meso by selling them to NPCs. However, I do agree that using some ETC items for crafting purposes can make training more enjoyable and rewarding, both emotionally and financially, by adding diversity to their usage.

17. OP
    OP
    Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    In KMS, Proof of Love was acquired from different NPCs, but in GMS, the function was given to Nana instead.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Maya wanted 40 Orange Mushroom Cap [​IMG] in exchange for her seal of love [​IMG].

Rowen wanted 20 Soft Feather [​IMG] in exchange for her seal of love [​IMG].

Ayan wanted 40 Firewood [​IMG] in exchange for her seal of love [​IMG].

Nella wanted 40 Horny Mushroom Cap [​IMG] in exchange for her seal of love [​IMG].

Ericsson wanted 20 Cellion Tail [​IMG] in exchange for his seal of love [​IMG].

Tigun wanted 20 Teddy's Cotton [​IMG] in exchange for his seal of love [​IMG].

Muse wanted 20 Hard Needle [​IMG] in exchange for her seal of love [​IMG].

Pam wanted 10 Rash's Furball [​IMG] in exchange for her seal of love [​IMG].

Tae Soo wanted 30 Needle Pouch [​IMG] in exchange for his seal of love [​IMG].

Jiyur wanted 40 Clover [​IMG] in exchange for his seal of love [​IMG].

Some items listed are not asked for in any quests here on MapleLegends:

• Cellion Tail [​IMG]
    • Hard Needle [​IMG]
    • Needle Pouch [​IMG]
    • Clover [​IMG]

However, Cellion Tail and Needle Pouch are accepted in the Orbis Exchange Quest and Mu Lung Exchange Quest respectively, but they are not treated as being quests here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    Last I checked, Cellion Tail and Hard Needle are NOT accepted in the Orbis Exchange Quest.

19. OP
    OP
    Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    I knew about Hard Needle because it drops from Masked Fish, an Aquarium mob, and afaik, none of the Aqua Road mobs and their ETC drops are accepted at the Orbis Exchange.

However, I'm surprised Cellion Tail isn't. BBB lists that it is? Maybe it's different here, I personally didn't check.

20. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Selkie Jr.

Oct 3, 2017
    Male
    CaptainNemo
    Islander
    Ossyrians
    Can confirm Cellion Tail are indeed accepted at Orbis Exchange.
    upload_2023-1-17_1-44-10.png

Orbis Exchange items are as shown below :
    upload_2023-1-17_1-45-28.png
    upload_2023-1-17_1-45-42.png

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1