1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Macintosh M1 Macbook, Error.

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by terminusest, Dec 28, 2022.

1. terminusest

terminusest Blue Snail

Dec 28, 2022
    Male
    1:26 PM
    TerminusEst
    Ranger
    Client: Crossover
    MacOS version: Montary 12.4
    Describe the error: whenever i start up the client an error will show. And when i plugged it into HDMI and project on to the television the client runs but jams in character screen.
    Last Run Log:
    For Crossover, you can find this by "Run with option"

As shown in the image provided it is
    MapleLegends (Build 06-11-2022) MAC
    Failed in finding proper screen mode for Gr2D

Attached Files:

2. dirr

dirr Red Snail

Nov 29, 2022
    7:26 AM
    grodan
    Beginner
    From your attached screenshot, it looks like your game-resolution is set to an unsupported one. I also have M1 and my mac only supports: 800x600 or 1024x768. You can see your set resolution in Crossover > Rightclick your flask > Open C drive > Maple Legends > Legends.ini, open Legends.ini with a program that lets you edit the text, I use Visual Studio Code.

If it doesn't work, and you want to play on your TV. Do as before, but try different methods on entering the world. Example: Press your character and use ENTER to enter the world. Try different channels. Or before choosing channel, there is an option on the left side of the screen to "Enter World", or something like that. Try using that instead.

Hopefully this will be of help.

If you haven't checked out this amazing guide, I recommend you to:
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/new-macos-installation-guide-faq.38764/

3. OP
    OP
    terminusest

terminusest Blue Snail

Dec 28, 2022
    Male
    1:26 PM
    TerminusEst
    Ranger
    thank you for your reply and suggestions.

i have checked my resolution and tried both 800x600 and 1024x768. however , the client still will not start up. i used text edit given at the " hack crossover" to edit it .

i wish to avoid using the TV as it is quite inconvenient to do so, also i have also attempted using enter to enter the world but now even with TV i will face the issue where client will not start up as well..

i have tried the troubleshooting method provided in the guide you've shared but after following through step 1 to 4 i still face the error that i am having.

4. MrEgads

MrEgads Blue Snail

Jan 1, 2023
    Male
    11:26 PM
    MrEgads
    Beginner
    I had this same issue, changing the settings in the legends.ini file did nothing for me. What finally ended up working for me was plugging in a monitor to my laptop, starting up the game and then I can unplug the monitor and play on my Macbook.