1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Possibly new leech strat?

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by bobaboss, Feb 21, 2023.

1. bobaboss

bobaboss Orange Mushroom

Aug 14, 2022
    10:20 AM
    Hey wanted a share a new strat i came up with and thought i should get some feedback before regretting leeching lvl10-50

So basically you will be doing poison breath training at Vikerola at lvl 50 but with 3 mages at the same time.

xepo.png

Using the (blue)travel portal and the (white)hidden portals you can move 3 mages to poison the whole map and then leave the map by going to the next map or to the FM/Cash Shop which will be faster. You then kill all the 1 hp mobs with your leechers still in the map to gain all the exp.

Leaving the map makes you not gain exp on poison mages and still get full exp for leechers unless you change channel. Going into the FM/Cash shop also works so that's better.

Lvl 50 with Zhelm + LUK gear (245base)280 INT and (10base)60 LUK = 31.2% hit rate
    Lvl 55 with 300 INT 60 LUK = 47.8% hitrate
    Lvl 60 with 320 INT 60 LUK = 64.6% hitrate
    You can use a Korean Fan scrolled for dagger atk for LUK for more accuracy since poison breaths damage isn't affected by your range

Experience References:
    Poison breath training solo with no high level last hitter 2mil+ exp per hour @ Death Teddies lvl 55+
    Vikerola with a last hitter gave me 3mil+ exp per hour @ lvl 55
    Estimated 3x poison breath Vikerola leech exp per hour 4.5mil+ exp per hour @ lvl 50

Also if Vikerola maps are too full of farmers you can try Black Bear Swordsman @ Shaolin
    ye.png

They only spawn on the left side but there's 15 of them, they're easier to hit than Vikerola for almost the same EXP and there's a portal up top to leave the map.

Any advice on improving or dismissing this idea would be much appreciated!

Attached Files:

• xpp.png
      xpp.png
      File size:
      374.7 KB
      Views:
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
  2. Joy Celeste

Joy Celeste Mushmom

Nov 11, 2021
    Female
    7:20 AM
    Celeste
    I don’t think you’ll get the exp on the leechers once the killer leaves the map and the mobs die. I could be wrong though but you should quickly check that. I have entered empty 5-6 maps before and started killing and only got partial EXP for the kills despite being the only person in the map. Partial EXP because the mobs were half-dead from the last person.

This isn’t viable if your leechers also can’t hit the mobs to finish them off (I am assuming they’ll be level 45). If they are not, then it will be a lot of work for the leechers so unsure how well you could sell as a service, but you could probably do it for yourself.

3. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    They do. EXP is tracked to the party, so as long as the leechers were in the party when the damage was dealt, they'll get EXP.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    bobaboss

bobaboss Orange Mushroom

Aug 14, 2022
    I got the info from this META-BREAKING Leech guide but double checked for poison breath and did get full leech exp. Using FM/Cash shop button also works so I highly recommend doing that.

5. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    11:20 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
  6. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    I don't think this adequately describes what makes low level Vikerolas an interesting concept. Vikerolas heal. They'll regain their HP faster than you will be able to poison them down, at least if a load of them are agro'd.

This is actually to your benefit though, as healed HP on mobs increases the exp gain of them proportionally. If you bring a Vikerola down from full to one HP five times, it's worth five times as much exp. There have been folks utilizing this principle to craft exp pinatas through use of poison and Heaven's Hammer to create mobs that are worth hundreds of thousands of exp once killed. I believe the main advantage of trying to sell leech here is that you can begin the process of leeching with none of the leeches present, and only hours later begin to sell your exp bombs to the folks sitting in Ghost Ship, probably at like 6-10 mesos/exp gained, likely being able to charge more for more significant sessions, as it's possible to skip along multiple levels with a big enough bomb.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    bobaboss

bobaboss Orange Mushroom

Aug 14, 2022
    That would be the case for solo mage but with multiple you will end up killing 1hp mobs by mistake and gaining exp which wastes time/exp forcing you to suicide your exp back to 0%. My strat uses genesis to clear the map so the faster clearing might be the better way to go.

8. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious