1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Osslock (3rd Job Challenge)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Chris, Jul 29, 2022.

1. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Selkie Jr.

Oct 3, 2017
    Male
    2:55 AM
    CaptainNemo
    Islander
    Ossyrians
    Haven't posted on the forums about him, but made a warrior a while back and finally made progress with him.

upload_2023-4-14_21-42-41.png

• Like Like x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  2. OP
    OP
    Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    5:55 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    RIP SHIELD

[​IMG]

• Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Wessel

Wessel Red Snail

Apr 15, 2023
    11:55 AM
    Snippets from a diary of a knight (to be)

I was told that before I could walk down the gracious path of pagehood I need to prove my worth around the island. No need to tell me twice; watch out foul monsters I am here to end you >:D
    As one can expect from a noble knight (to be, I know), no task was left undone and I rightfully earned my ticket to Victoria Island! Although some tasks were more of a mental challenge, I could often do some exercises or stretches in the meantime to hone my physical strength and dexterity ever further. Nevertheless, next stop: Perion. Maybe I can use some of the money I earned the last few days on a taxi ride to get there even quicker (I might not be the smartest, but I am not stupid enough to go walk all that way)!

I did it! Dances with Balrog told me that he could sense my potential (whatever that means) and that my earlier training was sufficient to continue under his guidance. While I am not technically a Page yet, I can certainly act like one already by helping out the people around here :)

I remembered to snap a picture on my way out of town. It is important to remember where you came from while you are going forward!
    [​IMG]
    There is no time for me to relax. There is so much to do and to see! However, the monsters I encounter here are a lot stronger as well. Black Bull was kind enough to provide me with a shield for helping him with rebuilding his family home. I am currently using a surprisingly sturdy purse I found on a slime as a weapon. It has a nice hefty swing to it. Sure, I could have bought a better weapon and shield from a local store, but this is way more ethical! Continuing this pace, I will be a Page in no time!
    Today, in the thicket around the beach of Lith Harbor, I encountered my most difficult challenge as of yet. Upon arrival I did hear rumors of a snail the size of a house called Mano, but paid not much attention to it as those rumors were clearly exaggerated. While it was not as large, I could as well have hit a house's brick wall with how tough that shell was! But if you cannot break through a wall, what good are you anyway in saving the world ;) Final result in this fight against evil: me 1, Mano 0!!
    [​IMG]
    I am currently heading over to Kerning City. There was a notice posted regarding rapidly growing monster activity in the nearby swampland. It calls upon me and my fellow adventurers in the fight against evil! I think I am doing pretty well if I say so myself. I accumulated a good amount of coins and potions, which can last me weeks if I plan my rest carefully! I wonder how my peers are faring :)
    Innocence is dead. My visit to Kerning City opened my eyes to the true state of the world: a hopeless fight against an ever-growing immorality and wickedness. The city itself is a mess and riddled with shady individuals. Before we headed to the frontline I was repeatedly offered ‘empowering drugs’ and ‘blessings’ which I could ‘conveniently’ receive in some back alley free market a few steps away. Of course I declined.

Then there are my fellow adventurers, who could often not seem to afford more than some towels, raggedy blankets, and improvised weapons like surfboards, stuffed animals, and umbrellas. That was also the moment when it hit me; the purse I had been using up until then used to belong to someone! I just took it from that slime’s corpse and used it without even considering how it got there in the first place! I am just a common low-life… I resorted to using a book, WHICH I WAS ACTUALLY GIFTED THANK YOU VERY MUCH for running an errand to some pig farm. Although the owner of the purse is most likely dead and has not much use for it left anyway, it just suddenly felt very filthy.
    [​IMG]

The days fighting at the front are dangerous and I am getting the scars to prove it. But worst of all, they are ungrateful. My initial bunch of potions quickly ran out and I have to scrounge for money to afford more, as saving the lives of innocents doesn’t pay well. “Here have some magic infused scrolls” they said. “To increase defence” they said. Those scrolls were so unstable that they were practically useless. None of them worked and my armor seems to be a bit worse off in the process! If I was lucky I got my hands on some jewelry from King Slime’s horde which in turn I could trade for some potions, just to survive the next day. That jewelry probably also belonged to someone, but I simply do not care anymore.
    How could I have been so blind?! I don’t want to become some holier-than-thou knight anymore. That fairy tale is gone. I just want to attack and kill every monster I encounter until I drop dead. Period. I am angry at the world for being this way, but I am GOD-DAMN FURIOUS at myself for not noticing it earlier!

Maybe Dances with Balrog can provide guidance on how to focus this hatred…
    I am currently at the center of Victoria Island. The Ant Tunnels here are crawling with monsters begging to be wiped off the face of the world; perfect. I pledged to kill at least 999 of each. I tried to take a look at the picture I took at the start of this journey… but I… I just couldn’t. I ripped it up on an impulse! Quickly realising my mistake, I attempted to fix it with some tape and it is now back at page 10. It holds even more memories now I suppose.

I took another picture. Where there was once optimism in my eyes, now only fiery rage remains. I wonder how I will look back on this one in the future.
    [​IMG]

Maybe I can start to look for people to share this burden with.

• Like Like x 5
  4. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Selkie Jr.

Oct 3, 2017
    Male
    CaptainNemo
    Islander
    Ossyrians
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  5. OP
    OP
    Chris

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    • Great Work Great Work x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  6. IoIzor

IoIzor Capt. Latanica

Jun 8, 2015
    Islander

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Chris

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    I’ll go back…. To steal more islanders for my challenge. Devilish

• Like Like x 2
  8. IoIzor

IoIzor Capt. Latanica

Jun 8, 2015
    Islander
    that's an ez clap with the cute breedable seductive female characters ur always using

brb adult website

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Oolong

Oolong Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Jul 23, 2019
    Female
    4:55 AM
    xoJoolie
    Bowman
    Perion
    :pinkbean::pinkbean::pinkbean::pinkbean::pinkbean::pinkbean::pinkbean::pinkbean::pinkbean::pinkbean::pinkbean::pinkbean:
    [​IMG]

• Great Work Great Work x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Chris

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    36 min Papulatus solo. If only the drops weren't complete ass!

RBF2A3e.jpg

11. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Selkie Jr.

Oct 3, 2017
    Male
    CaptainNemo
    Islander
    Ossyrians
    Another milestone, 3rd level 125.

MapleLegends 22-04-2023 17-43-10.jpg

• Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Wessel

Wessel Red Snail

Apr 15, 2023
    Snippets from a diary of a knight (to be) fighter

After blowing off steam in the Ant Tunnels, the sturdy book I have been using as a weapon is…well, not as sturdy anymore. Naturally, I went to Perion to look for something more professional.

On my way there I encountered a doctor (in geology mind you) who was chasing some sort of rumor about a ghost tree. With the truth of Mano existing in the back of my mind I decided to help with their investigation. The encounter with this doctor was somewhat of a blessing in disguise as I had yet to decide what kind of weapon I was planning on using instead of the book. Because we are chasing a tree of sorts, I thought it would be fitting to use an axe if push would come to shove. Hence, I picked up a sturdy blue axe from the local smithery.

We tracked 'Stumpy', as the locals refer to it, down to some area east of the Rocky Mountain. We learned along the way that Stumpy was essentially siphoning away Perion's earthly life force. Therefore, having found Stumpy, by my choice, push did come to shove.

During the fight I learned that I have an affinity for using the axe. Dances with Balrog told me that I could try to focus my anger outwards into my strikes and this day I learned that I best focus it into a single sharp edge! Stumpy became firewood in no time and I think using an axe will give me (literally) an edge in future fights to come!

[​IMG]

As just about anything on Victoria Island, whilst effective, it just feels second grade. And the same goes for my axe. Asking around, the better crafters appear to be located in Orbis and Ludibrium. I don’t know much about these places except that a skyship leaves for Orbis every so often from Ellinia. I got myself a cheap ticket to not dig too deep into my weapon fund and got a spot in the cargo hold. While the view here is, thematically, also second grade, at least I feel safe here.

Ludibrium is an… interesting place. While its appearance remains colourful and playful, darkness crept its way in every crevice and corner. And despite being well known for toys, their crafters were able to provide better retaliation against this evil with their higher quality production of weapons and armour than even the fairies in Orbis! I got myself a lighter one-handed axe, which is coincidentally also blue, to work on the quickness of my swings.

What I did not expect to see here are their innovations regarding battlefield medication. Instead of clumsily having to manage a potion belt, they just boil those potions down to a sticky paste that can be formed into a pill. Just as effective and smaller in size, ingenious! While I like the pills for mental boosts, I do prefer real food above those medical pills to regain my physical constitution. While the wide variety of junk food they serve here is okay, nothing has beaten the unagi I tasted in Orbis, yet!

Would I say that Ludibrium was better prepared for an invasion? Yes and no. Yes, because they are better equipped. And no, because the threat they face is more vicious as well. For example there are monsters that hide in the shadows that make them untraceable and Alishar uses unknown dark magic to cloud our eyes and keep our mental capabilities in check! I need to get stronger. I need to fight harder!

[​IMG]

The recklessness in my fighting cost me my eye. I didn’t care then, why do I suddenly care now? It wasn’t for nothing, as we took a good chunk out of Alishar as well. Perhaps because he got away at the last second? I probably have to relearn how to interpret enemies’ movements without relying on depth. Having to fight the shadow monsters in darkness was a weirdly convenient start I suppose… I was offered a glass eye, but I think I prefer the eye patch; there is nothing to gain by hiding the truth.

While laying in the medical ward I got a magical whisper in my ear from some fairy called 'Wonky' about some time machine to the past and an opportunity to fix everything. Suspiciously convenient if you ask me so I ignored this obvious trap to lure me away from the front. Some people around me were gullible enough to believe the message and went right away... Idiots. Nonetheless, our numbers are weakened so we have to fight even fiercer. But that’s okay. I will probably be dead before I live without my second eye. I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE!

Every day our battle parties are practically randomized considering the number of people joining and leaving. In contrast to Kerning City, most people here know their job and they know it well, allowing us to synergize our skills for an even stronger combined offensive! While I cannot give others strength I noticed that I can easily physically rally my fellow party members with my ferocity. It feels good.

The other day I was placed in a party with members of the ‘Ossyrians’ adventurers guild. I cannot describe it differently than immediately feeling a connection, a spark. While we fought with all our might, there was also time for jokes and banter. For the first time in ages I could feel a smile on my face :). I wanted, no I needed, more of that in my life so decided to apply for a position within guild.

[​IMG]

I got an urge to go back to Victoria Island for some reason. It turns out it was caused by the magic of the fairy Arwen I met in Ellinia before. Having heard of my endeavors regarding Mano and Stumpy, she decided to reach out regarding a monstrous puppet roaming the Forest of Evil with Grendel the Really Old supposedly involved as well. My first thought was that perhaps a toy from Ludibrium breached containment.

Long story short, ‘Faust’ was willed into existence by the hatred of Grendel’s apprentice. What I did not expect was Faust being able to up an unbreakable shield against my physical attacks. What they did not expect was that magic eventually runs out while my resolve remains unbreakable. Once their shield was recharging I made quick work of them!

[​IMG]

Orbis is gonna fall from the sky! That was the first thing I heard upon my return to Orbis as the Goddess Minerva’s magic is fading by the hands of an archpixie called 'big daddy' or something. I suppose the fight in Ludibrium has to continue without my help as it is needed here. A place this beautiful is definitely worth fighting for!

Even the mightiest need a break sometimes. I saw an advertisement for Florina Beach in town and decided to check it out. It quickly became clear why the trip was cheap, as the beaches were riddled with monsters! Well… not my problem. Not today at least. I found a nice quiet spot that was high enough to keep me free from worrying about the monsters near me. I put down my beach umbrella and The Relaxer, took my armour off, and after finishing my Red Bean Sundae, I closed my eyes for a bit…

After a few minutes (hours?), a strange turban shell seemed to have appeared near me. It was a sore spot in my eye, so I decided to investigate. Turns out the shell was from a massive hermit crab! Only having time to grab my new axe, I had to be careful to not lose any limbs to those vicious claws.

Having slain the beast I was hailed a hero by the people of the nearby village. They were about to send one of their damsels as a sacrifice out of desperation! After some confusion on my part they explained that that crab was 'King Clang' who was terrorizing Florina Beach for quite some time already. Not much of a king if you ask me, as I took it down in my underwear. Thanks BlackDow, your axe has a nice heavy swing to it. Perhaps being armourless meant to be, as I found some armour stuck to its shell. I wonder who this 'Ice Queen' was and whether they were here on vacation as well…

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
    • Great Work Great Work x 4
  13. Carousel

Carousel Slime

Nov 27, 2021
    Kyou
    Using Maideniess to farm Teeth to power level CrimeLock
    CrimeLock has not killed a single mob since level 7

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  14. Oolong

Jul 23, 2019
    Female
    xoJoolie
    Bowman
    Perion
    1.png
    LETS FUCKING GOOOOO :pinkbean::pinkbean::pinkbean::pinkbean::pinkbean::pinkbean::pinkbean::pinkbean::pinkbean::pinkbean::pinkbean::pinkbean:

• Like Like x 5
  15. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Selkie Jr.

Oct 3, 2017
    Male
    CaptainNemo
    Islander
    Ossyrians
    Decided to make yet another because I don't want peace, I want problems, always.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  16. ULTRAdragon7

ULTRAdragon7 Red Snail

Jan 20, 2023
    Male
    ULTRAdragon7
    Bandit
    npcguild
    her armor isnt even blue! Immersion SHATTERED

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    Chris

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    [​IMG]

• Like x 5
    • Great Work x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
  18. Carousel

Carousel Slime

Nov 27, 2021
    Kyou
    what up its me, dude who makes wack trades
    who else tryna make questionable decicions

• Like Like x 3
  19. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Selkie Jr.

Oct 3, 2017
    Male
    CaptainNemo
    Islander
    Ossyrians
    Progress update: BlackDow is now level 91! No real updates for FrozenNemo or Mekhane at the moment though.

upload_2023-5-20_12-28-26.png
    upload_2023-5-20_12-27-41.png

Next items to upgrade is probably the boots, and need to get a final scroll for the helmet, but overall happy with where I'm at now.
    OnionPretty

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Oolong

Jul 23, 2019
    Female
    xoJoolie
    Bowman
    Perion
    Made this, got to lvl 60, and got tier 10 today :pinkbean: