1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

College

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ryan, May 26, 2015.

1. Ryan

Ryan Slimy

Apr 7, 2015
    Male
    Michigan
    10:28 PM
    Ryan
    Hero
    Project
    After reading through that "how old are you" thread and seeing that most people are 18+ on this server, I was just curious where most of you go/went to college and what you are majoring/minoring in.

I am 19 and just finished my freshman year at Michigan State University. First semester I majored in civil engineering but switched to supply chain management second semester. I'm currently trying to get into the business school.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Glycys

Glycys Chronos

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Glycys
    Bishop
    Horizon
    Nice Michigan State is a good school. I just finished up my 2nd year at the University of Georgia, majoring in Computer Science and minoring in Chemistry.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yell

Yell Pac Pinky Retired Staff

Apr 10, 2015
    With Waldo.
    Snail
    21. I've studied 2 years at North West Community College in MS. Moved to NY though. Currently not in college due to several reasons.

Majoring in computer science though. Mostly self taught.

Starting back soon? I hope?

4. Pills

Pills Master Chronos

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    South Korea
    3:28 AM
    Pills
    I'm fucking off to Korea for the first time in 8 years to go to KAIST

• Like Like x 2
  5. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    4:28 AM
    Almost done with the first year of my bachelor's Bioinformatics, which is 4 years in total. After this I'm probably gonna do a master's, and I don't know exactly what I want to do after that. Im probably going to do biological research though.

6. KOSEM

KOSEM Selkie Jr.

Jan 5, 2015
    Israel
    I havent been to college. To be honest, I felt(and still feel now) that I have no patience to go and study there, not because it is a waste of time, but because I'm not a very patient person who could study something for a year + . It is obviously a great thing to do and those of you that go to college - kudos to you, I think it takes a lot of patience and persistence to go and study there. I dont have these things though, so, I'll "pass" as they say. I'm more willing to work hard right now at a day job, than study something. I'm a very direct person, indeed. But again, those of you who decided to go to college, you are doing a great thing and good luck to you with your studies. :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Stas.

Stas. Windraider

Mar 27, 2015
    Male
    Tel-Aviv, Israel
    5:28 AM
    I live in israel , and here we sign to the army 18-21 and then go study

8. KOSEM

KOSEM Selkie Jr.

Jan 5, 2015
    Israel
    I live there too, army here is not obligatory, and studying isnt obligatory either. It is optional, I know people who didnt go to army and didnt study a thing and they're living a good life.

9. BwanDit

BwanDit Motertert

May 8, 2015
    FM15
    3:28 AM
    BwanDit
    Shadower
    I'm 19, but idk if I want to really go back to college, I disliked school in general just because all you did was sit there and learn without really doing anything. 80% of the time I'd be messing around etc...

SO I have applied for college this september to study Biology, Chemistry and History, but it's either that or join the BA for 4 years, I don't really mind and I think it'd be a great experience in life.

10. Stas.

Stas. Windraider

Mar 27, 2015
    Male
    Tel-Aviv, Israel
    I knew by ur nickname that jew a jew.
    And thoes people u speak off are few , and army it is obligatory , people who skip it declain they got mental problems

11. Pepsi

Pepsi Red Snail

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    Pepsi
    I finished uni about a year ago but I went to Plymouth University (in the UK, not America). I did Electrical and Electronic Engineering.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    No college for me, off to the USAF I goooooo.

13. Leslie

Leslie Dark Stone Golem

Jan 4, 2015
    Female
    Joo Won's Bedroom
    Senior biology major at a state school in south Florida! Trying to maintain some semblance of anonymity because I'm applying to medical school this summer. MapleF12MapleF14

This is also why I'm hardly ever online.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dome

Dome Slime

Apr 27, 2015
    Male
    Dome
    Thief
    I'm studying an IT masters degree in Finland for third year. I think I'd want to become a game designer, but haven't really decided on anything yet.

15. Linnie

Linnie Mano

Apr 5, 2015
    Female
    Linnie
    I/L Wizard
    I'm surrounded by computer science/biology/health science majors, haha (as well as people going into the military).

I attend UNC Chapel Hill where I was originally a double major in Nursing and Chemistry (I was going to finish Chemistry early and then start Nursing School) but for some reason I decided it wasn't the life for me (and please don't say I couldn't handle it, you wouldn't realize how many people tell me that when it's not the case @_@).

I'm currently a rising Junior studying Spanish Linguistics and Asian Studies with a concentration in Japanese so that's pretty exciting, I guess. I'm also learning Chinese and soon Portuguese (required for my major @_@) so you might be able to tell that I enjoy language...?

As for the impending future, I don't know for sure what I want to do. I'd like to leave the United States for a few years and immerse myself in both Japan and China and do some local translation work before applying to graduate school (given that I actually consider it later on). I'm not entirely sure what I want to do with my life, just live happily I suppose! :p

• Like Like x 3
  16. Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle
    No college for me, but a sweet job fell into my lap so I'm doing OK.

• Like Like x 1
  17. David

David Pink Teddy

Apr 2, 2015
    Male
    9:28 PM
    I go to the University of Texas. I'm in the McCombs School of Business here. I started out as an accounting major, because... honestly just because the money is so good as it's the top accounting school, but I decided to switch to MIS (Management Information Systems), which is a little more interesting to me.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    9:28 PM
    Nikki
    Assassin
    I'm an economics student at the University of Minnesota. Typical story, started out pre-med with a quantitative emphasis, looking to help people live/prosper longer with the aid of machines. Realized that 8 years of academia sounded pretty horrid/expensive and shortly thereafter dropped the biological 'helpin people' bull.

Economics without ethics is both more fun and opportunity filled. I aspire to be a marketing/financial analyst for Neckson :cool:

Last edited: May 27, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  19. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    7:28 PM
    NSFW
    Not in college because I'm a retard and I failed grade 10 math three times.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    Moderator Post
    When I was a senior in high school, I had actually planned on going to UMinn as an econ major. Had a scholarship and an invite into the Honors Program, plus it was a top 10 econ program. Really wanted to save some money, but parents were like going there would put you below your PPF curve (#lameeconjokeftw) so ended up going to UCB instead (funny story... I actually had a bunch of drug dealing roommates when I was a freshman).