1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

NL QoL: Increase Shadow Star's Duration Back to 3 Minutes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Porkupine, Jul 10, 2023.

1. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    12:45 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    I was always curioused why some BMs use AR when I was perfectly blocking wyverns, now I learnt. dem pros.... thanks!

2. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    8:45 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    So would making all skills toggles. Those are quality of life changes that fit your mold of requirements. Are they good changes?

The only thing I'm seeing from your suggestion is a star count buff disguised as a QoL change.

3. OP
    OP
    Porkupine

Porkupine Timer

Mar 21, 2019
    Male
    11:45 PM
    xB0wM4sT3rx
    Bowmaster
    Nani
    The difference is skill toggles have never once been implemented. 3 minute Shadow Star was implemented 2021-2022. I'm not asking for an overhaul. It's a simple change, don't overthink it.

Is that why I suggested a star count nerf as well previously? The intent is to keep star set capacities a multiple of Shadow Star's cost to prevent sets with leftover amounts.

Another solution could be to simply increase star recharge costs by 50% instead of changing Shadow Star star cost and star capacities.

I'll make it dead clear since it's apparent you struggle with understanding my posts:

Alternate Proposal:
    Shadow Star duration increased from 120 seconds to 180 seconds.
    Ilbi Throwing-Star, Balanced Fury, and Magic Throwing Knife recharge costs increased by 50%

Edit: I’m also well aware that this would impact Rogues, Assassins, and Hermits that use these stars since they don’t have access to Shadow Star. Personally, I don’t favour this option, but people seem to love getting behind nerfs to the Night Lord path so why not?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2023
  4. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    upload_2023-7-12_0-28-19.png

• Creative Creative x 2
  5. OP
    OP
    Porkupine

Porkupine Timer

Mar 21, 2019
    Male
    xB0wM4sT3rx
    Bowmaster
    Nani
    upload_2023-7-12_3-39-1.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Ironically, your points aren't really valid. You're flip flopping on your asks because your main concern is being able to macro your skills together and don't care if your class is left for better or worse. Seems legit.

The simple workaround for you would be to just re-cast all 3 of your skills via macro when Shadow Star runs out. That way, the only skill you need to pay attention to is your shortest one. Seems very QoL indeed.

7. OP
    OP
    Porkupine

Porkupine Timer

Mar 21, 2019
    Male
    xB0wM4sT3rx
    Bowmaster
    Nani
    In what way have I flip flopped? The singular suggestion remains the same. Shadow Star duration change to 3 minutes. Everything else is meant to preserve meso sinkage and minimize impact to the class. People see a tiny Night Lord buff suggestion and instantly disagree, so I’ve provided alternative ideas to discuss while preserving my intent, yet you call that flip flopping and invalid?

Macros are the least of my concern. The intent is to clean the buff bar up so that more buffs can be in sync. I’ve been very clear with that thus far. It’s you that has been misunderstanding what my goal is, like suggesting that my hidden agenda is a star capacity buff or macroing. The ability to macro the three buffs is a result of the change, which is why I have it listed as an Impact in my original post as a discussion point and not a reasoning.

If I wanted to macro buffs together so desperately, I would despite the difference in durations. I couldn’t care less about the impact on macros. Personally, I rarely use them outside of their shout capabilities.

I’d appreciate it if you would actually address the things I say in response to your statements like a real conversation instead of sliding the discussion with a different topic, painting me a misunderstood light, or worse, a meme.

8. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    11:45 AM
    No reason? Did you even read OP's post? Just because you don't see it as an improvement (me neither) does not mean it is not an improvement in other's perspective. OP clearly believes it is a QOL improvement.

Aside to OP, i recommend just ignoring this dude's arguments. He just pops up in every thread being a contrarian posting nonsensical takes.

9. Karn

Karn Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    12:45 AM
    Karn, Fayden
    Buccaneer
    Favela
    One issue that I see is that we can use the same argument to propose a QoL change to make all those buffs passive so people don't need to bother casting them

10. OP
    OP
    Porkupine

Porkupine Timer

Mar 21, 2019
    Male
    xB0wM4sT3rx
    Bowmaster
    Nani
    The difference I see in that is the fact that there is no precedent for an active skill being made into a passive. I’m simply suggesting to revert Shadow Star to its values from 2021-2022 with some tweaks to adjust for meso sinkage, the cause of the 2022 change.

11. JKNS

JKNS Selkie Jr.

Sep 21, 2020
    10:45 PM
    Hero, Dark Knight, F/P Arch Mage, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Night Lord
    The larger point is QoL changes are potentially neverending and become mostly trivial or unnecessary in the face of more important changes. No matter what changes are made to improve QoL, people will always find the next margin to complain about or streamline, and it leads to discussions about things that ultimately do not matter (which this falls under), especially for the class which has the most QoL perks as is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Porkupine

Porkupine Timer

Mar 21, 2019
    Male
    xB0wM4sT3rx
    Bowmaster
    Nani
    I understand that you’re arguing that this is a minor change and isn’t worth pursuing. That is different from the logic that “QoL is neverending and thus not worth pursuing". By that logic, no QoL change will ever happen. It's flawed to think that way because QoL often feels like a small, inconsequential change, but the aggregate of them will go a long way. If Kimmy felt like "QoL is never ending and thus not worth pursuing", we wouldn't have gotten things like the HD client, beautiful HD map backgrounds, faster rope climb speeds, infinite chat log, dark modes, smega mute, etc. Legends is in an amazingly polished state today because of the push for QoL.

You're entitled to your opinion that this is not worth pursuing. People have voiced that they feel like aligning buff durations is not important to them.

But arguing that QoL changes are neverending and thus not worth pursuing is completely illogical.

13. JKNS

JKNS Selkie Jr.

Sep 21, 2020
    10:45 PM
    Hero, Dark Knight, F/P Arch Mage, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Night Lord
    Substantive QoL changes are fine. Extremely minor QoL changes like this shouldn’t really be at the forefront. Slightly more frequent button pressing is nothing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Karn

Karn Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    12:45 AM
    Karn, Fayden
    Buccaneer
    Favela
    HD Client: Gives the player options on how to manage the game screen space, makes many useful stuff visible from places that it wasn't before in many different maps;
    Faster rope climb speed: Just makes sense to have consistency on your character movement speed;
    Infinite chat log: Actually useful, who wants to lose their chat logs like this?;
    Dark modes: It is almost literally impossible to read stuff depending on which map you are;
    Smega mute: Some clients can crash when there are many smegas like when someone gets to 200;

All buffs with same duration: Players can put their buffs on a macro and only press that button to rebuff;

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    12:45 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    I love too see when magical word QoL justifies every logics.

16. OP
    OP
    Porkupine

Porkupine Timer

Mar 21, 2019
    Male
    xB0wM4sT3rx
    Bowmaster
    Nani
    You’re right, it’s not a change worth pursuing. Thanks for the feedback.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. CauTion

CauTion Master Chronos

Nov 5, 2019
    Israel
    6:45 AM
    Thief
    Siege
    Ill would love to sync back my shadow parter and shadow stars back to macro :3

• Like Like x 1