1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Regarding Vote Abuse

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, May 28, 2015.

1. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    5:42 PM
    Moderator Post
    I don't even play my legit anymore, nor do I barely vote on it.

2. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    10:42 AM
    Nikki
    Assassin
    Welp, can't say I didn't make a thread (literally TITLED systemic influence; locked) and post multiple times in multiple other threads about the exploitability of this exact thing weeks ago.

Canadian outlined the problem pretty well. A large amount of the silly fun-ruining vote abusers will most likely be caught, as it is pretty easy to detect that kind of behavior.

What won't be dealt with is all of the illegitimate equips/scrolls that were bought/created by those vote abused items. It would be incredibly hard to track. And even if it were tracked/proven, you'd have a hard time prying the illegitimate item away from someone who thinks they've legitimately paid for it without them whining up a storm. In realityland, the only reason much of those equips were able to be made is because their purchasing power is to strong, due to the deflation of gachapon items because of the current exploitation of the voting system.

You can see it in the FM already. Gachapon items are deflated extremely, and the vote abusers have made it so that the purchasing power of some is entirely to strong, driving in a deep rooted inequality wedge.

Inequality is healthy in an economy when it comes purely through hard work. But when it comes from something like deflation through vote abuse, I don't quite consider it 'competitive'

Lastly, directed towards those of you who have used the voting system directly to obtain more gachapon tickets: Were you really that insecure/narcissistic that you thought you needed/deserved a crutch to unfairly boost yourself above legitimate players? Please reconsider what life, and maple story, is all about. Otherwise, I fear you may have a hard time handling the former indefinitely.

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  3. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    9:42 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Hey, let's not reverse any of the transactions through the FM. That way when people get banned, mesos go, but the goods stay! Ingenious method of fighting inflation! :p

Also, I hope these happen soon. I can just imagine it's like giving everyone a big head start to try and launder all their stuff onto secret mules and crap before getting banned.

4. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    If any of you need a hookup on a swiss bank based in omega sector that deals in mesos for all your questionable business transactions, PM me!!! They won't extradite you or your funds to the legends staff I promise!!!!

*unless it is an investigation in vote abuse fraud. all investigations regarding allegations of 'vote abuse' fraud will be handled cooperatively between the swiss and legends government*

5. LunchBox

LunchBox Brown Teddy

Apr 26, 2015
    Female
    Deep Blue C
    Lunch
    Spearman
    Destined
    Well, rip Gacha for me.
    Poor idea to change the level requirement.

6. Kitmit

Kitmit Snail

Apr 25, 2015
    Female
    4:42 PM
    Katie
    Bowman
    Hopefully when zak and horntail become more of a "thing" people will actually need to play the game to get good items. I can't wait for apq too

7. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    11:42 AM
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    Meh, mixed feelings about the level change. Though its honestly not hard to get to 45. And thinking about to GMS unless you bought NX you didn't have gach to rely on for funds anyway, need pot money? Do the NLC quest to get the GFA 60%. There are other methods of funding one self. I only recently made money for gach. Farming mesos and being smart is enough to get by.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Kyle

Kyle Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    Paladin
    May I ask why? I'm not against the new level requirement, but I'm open to ideas and reasons.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Leo

Leo Horny Mushroom

May 6, 2015
    Male
    Ebonix
    Beginner
    im confused what does it mean when people vote abuse? have more than 1 account to vote specifically for gach? i hope two people playing on the server on the same IP isnt classed as vote abusing because my brother plays as well and he votes too.

10. Kyle

Kyle Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    Paladin
    Pretty much. I'm pretty sure if you let Kimberly know about your sibling then you'll be alright. LF> Whitelist for voting

• Like Like x 2
  11. 3DegreeChill

3DegreeChill Master Chronos

Apr 18, 2015
    Felicia
    Priest
    Majestic
    yay, time to waste nx and lose time due to me putting my first acc as the shop vendor and gacher and now i have to make my current main also a shop vendor and gacher.

this really hurts alot of legit people because my main acc is too busy to deal with vending. i just dont have enough inventory in my character to store a 22 gach run and my future equips. my current main is a sin so i have stars and pots that take up room leaving me unable to gach all at one time(i buy in 10k or 30k bulks). if you still go through, please give us slot extending.(idk if this is a feature i cant find it)

i also have to drag my current main from ludipq or platoons so he can gach in shrine.

so much unnecessary rules. just make it so that only ONE character of an acc has to get to 45, that itself takes alot of time. i dont play that often with school and other activities. im still 42 on my highest acc, i just find play one job really boring and i think many others do too so we make multiple characters to try them all.

i personally use my ex-main to gach/fm shop/ and sell. i dont see whats wrong with that. just stop at the voting abuse rules, anything else is VERY VERY unnecessary

12. Autoassemble

Autoassemble Selkie Jr.

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    iDummie
    Thief
    Not going to reply to your opinions on the other matters, but slot expansions are available for 4k nx / 4 slots in cs up to a maximum of 48, or 100 for etc (I think?).

13. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Can we please just remove gacha. I know I'm gonna vote anyways.

• Like Like x 2
  14. LunchBox

LunchBox Brown Teddy

Apr 26, 2015
    Female
    Deep Blue C
    Lunch
    Spearman
    Destined
    When you're a new player you have almost no income at all, and even getting pots was quite a struggle unless you can be arsed to loot everything and hope for weapon drops, the exception being getting lucky with KPQ at 21+.
    At 45+ you can already make money from grinding mobs that drop scrolls etc.
    Gacha is an easy way to make money, and raising the level requirement will only make it harder for newer player to make money, while the high levels remain unaffected. Richer get richer, pretty much.

15. Fire

Fire Red Snail

Apr 20, 2015
    11:42 PM
    I have a few thoughts abt raising gachapon level to 45 and banning those purely gacha mules. I dont really agree to these ideas though.
    I feel that the reasons that people even create gachapon mules are probably because that their main character USE slots are limited, and that its troublesome to bring their main to gacha when theyre in the midst of training.
    Whereas a mule, you could just solely devote that character to pure gachapon. (You dont need space for pots/stars/anything or to travel ard)

If its me, I would definitely create a character just for gachapon. Why?
    Because my main is a mage, mages dont have extra USE slot like warrior does when they get their 1st job (I think they oso get an extra slot for 2nd job advancement, correct me if im wrong). We only get extra USE slot when we advance to 2nd job. However, when you advance to second job, you will hold more pots, town scrolls, scrolls from mobs and some quest rewards. This applies to other jobs as well regardless of getting extra row of USE. In the end, that one/two row(s) of extra slot isnt enough to let you gacha. Hence, this limits slots for gacha. I actually already have another account for storage of the scrolls i got from mobs and quests (No it doesnt include gachapon scrolls, because i couldnt find enough slots to gacha in the first place), and its already running out of space despite me throwing out some useless scrolls (Cape for DEF etc). Yes, I can use NX to expand, but expansion of slots is quite expensive. I mean, 4k for 4 slots? Thats like 1k per slot lol. Again, this limits slots for gachapon. However i dont really grind so I dont mind using my main to go gacha in the midst of questing, but ONLY if there is enough slots for me (but apparently there's not), so a mule is a better choice. (For others who grind, they may need a mule).

Well, you guys can say that "if you vote and you can buy the slots, its no big deal". Yea, but i would rather save up the money for some other things which looks MORE FUN to me. (Like clothes = you can doll up yourself, or even gachapon = the thrills of getting good eqs and scrolls). It really makes MapleStory seems more fun like this right? Instead of everytime expanding slots, expanding slots, cos i dont have not enough slots, and it limits the 'fun'. And by implementing the ban, it really really force people to expand their slots just to gacha. That hugely decrease the 'fun'.

I personally like gachapon's kind of 'fun' and thrill, more than using it to earn mesos. It keeps me going in the game. But right now, after hearing that gachapon level is being limited to 45 and above (tgt wif the cost being so $.$ & cant create a mule), my interest just kind of die. (Anw, different ppl might have different 'fun')

Adding to it, this person ^ explains the other prob

So i personally feel that, you can consider lowering the cost of expanding. The ban for gacha mule and raising the lvl limit to 45 are really unnecessary though imo.

(I bet that most of you guys did create a gacha mule in the original pre-bb MS d: )

16. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    @Fire@Fire:

Just so we understand each other - by Gachapon mule you refer an account that hold Gachapon items or a mule that vote abuse (multiple votes each 24 hours) and buy gachapon tickets with it? Because I don't mind a mule that hold Gachapon items but I do mind extra mules vote abusing in order to get more Gachapon tickets than a normal user can, and I am unsure which you refer to.

17. Gi

Gi Windraider

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    @Fire@Fire

Do you think it would be better to have the level restriction removed from gachapon, but added at the purchase in CashShop? This way you need a level 45 character to buy the tickets but you can use them on any character of that account (through cashshop inventory).

Personally, I also rather have the level requirement removed (or maybe level 16 to be consistent with the leve requirement on merchants).

18. Fire

Fire Red Snail

Apr 20, 2015
    My gacha mule just means that it can be use to gacha in place of your main = solely for gacha-ing (In the SAME account as your main ofc, not different). You dont need to level a storage acc to 45 just to store gacha items :)

EDIT: If its not banning characters created just for sole gacha-ing in the same account as your main, then I guess its fine on the banning. Because i just went to re-read the posts again, and i think youre banning those characters created just for gacha on a DIFFERENT ACCOUNT which vote abuse (Hai, sorry i think i misinterpreted). However, i'm still against the idea of raising the lvl to 45 for gacha.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  19. Fire

Fire Red Snail

Apr 20, 2015
    I think that 45 is abit too high. The previous requirement is fine, which is lvl 35. Because not all of the jobs start out to be easy, esp if youre unfunded/new to the server. To new players, it may be tough for them to get mesos for pots and grinding. They might need some gacha to push them forward. Even if its just buying a few tickets. But i wouldnt mind if you remove the lvl restriction on gacha and placed it in CS, just so that we can use them on any character in the same account :)

20. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    I got to level 45 on a crossbowman just fine without gachaing once. Instead of buying gacha tickets I spent all my nx on inventory expansions. SlimeSweat