1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Summer Event 2023: Why not a 1:1 ratio for bait points to bait?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ChlorinePurp, Sep 13, 2023.

1. ChlorinePurp

ChlorinePurp Red Snail

Mar 12, 2020
    Female
    10:10 AM
    Shimha
    Beginner
    Is there a reason as to why the bait point to bait ratio is 2:1 and not not 1:1? It feels redundant to do 2hours+ of pqs (lower leveled pqs such as kpq-ppq not including wait times) to get about 280 bait points to have it turn to 140 baits and also have rarity for shovels and pots to be fished out along side the secondary rarity for the fish needed to make premium dishes to train, with bait points not always coming out of ice boxes (which also don't drop very often either). What is the point of this? We are already limited to only 7 weekly raffles/APR and the rest of the fish go to cosmetics and a 1 time purchase stat ring anyway. And what about those who are not strong enough to fully complete BPQ for a good amount of points or skilled enough to do the JQ? I love this event but hope this one small improvement could be made where it hits the most (lower leveled players) thank you for your hard work, much love <3

Last edited: Sep 13, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 4
  2. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    7:10 AM
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    It’s so half of the server population is left with 1 Bait Point leftover at the end of the event. This collective irritation will help cover up the outrage of Night Lord nerfs.

• Creative Creative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    5:10 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    I don't mind the 2:1 ratio, but I think the RNG element of fishing makes the system in place feel very punishing and overwhelming. I also wish extra Pots, shovels and those unique fish/shrimp from each map can be exchanged for coins/more coins instead of giving either 1 coin or none at all.

These are just day 1 feelings and my opinion may change, but I think simplifying the system in place can help.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    ChlorinePurp

ChlorinePurp Red Snail

Mar 12, 2020
    Female
    Shimha
    Beginner
    I think it's very hurtful to those who have only 1hr-5hrs a day to play on weekdays and mostly have social obligations who risk not getting the weekly done because of bad rng, lack of time to do pqs/jqs. It is only day 1 and a few of the people I play with already can't do JQ (after a long effort of trying to get to the top let alone doing it for 7 trys) and can't go past papa pixie (or any boss that requires 20minutes of just whacking at it) on a solo scale for BPQ which only nets 20 points/10baits at that stage, and just straight up don't have time but still don't wanna miss out on their event cause they love playing.

5. gypsyleeboy

gypsyleeboy Blue Snail

Mar 1, 2020
    Male
    7:10 AM
    =
    Cleric
    tbh, its already coded this way and it would be a waste of time to change at this point. let em work on the halloween stuff instead

LOL

6. OP
    OP
    ChlorinePurp

ChlorinePurp Red Snail

Mar 12, 2020
    Female
    Shimha
    Beginner
    We can say that but they've shown instantaneous changes to Anniversary event with more puff daddy drops and and coupon rates for axe throw event (smaller scaled/similar problems), not only that this might be one their hardest ways to try and buy cosmetics, so I believe it never hurts to try. :)

7. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    11:10 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I did 4 bpq, 2x the quiz and done, all the raffle of the week, I didn't see this ratio as a problem since it's easy to get points

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. OP
    OP
    ChlorinePurp

ChlorinePurp Red Snail

Mar 12, 2020
    Female
    Shimha
    Beginner
    The BPQ is less of an issue if you are a higher leveled player. Anyone that is below level 100(or below 4th job)/has to play solo/isn't an attacker class would see most of the issue.

• Agree Agree x 7
  9. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    11:10 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    oh, but have multiple metods to get point easy, like jq

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    ChlorinePurp

ChlorinePurp Red Snail

Mar 12, 2020
    Female
    Shimha
    Beginner
    Have you read the post at all? That's the issue, BPQ/JQ is not easy for everyone, after a certain point some PQs are just dead maps, training doesn't yield enough ice boxes/points if you just happened to play the drop rate nerfed classes, and it just creates a useless exclusion. And at the end of the day, a 1:1 ratio would make everyone life easy regardless of skill levels.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2023