1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Should we have a gachapon redistribution?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chew, May 30, 2015.

Should we have a gachapon redistribution?

1. Yes, Items should be redistibuted as mob drops, and gachapon should be removed entirely.

25 vote(s)
    30.1%
  2. Yes, Items should be redistibuted as mob drops, but gachapon should also stay, to stay true to GMS.

34 vote(s)
    41.0%
  3. No, gachapon shall stay as it is, and items shall not be distributed as mob drops.

24 vote(s)
    28.9%
  1. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    11:53 AM
    Beginner
    When I talk to people on the forum, I'm getting the impression that people are not very fund of gachapon and how it's affecting the servers economy, being pure luck and no effort, and making good items worthless.
    Which is why I'm posting this poll, I want to find out if this is actually what the majority think, or if it's only the opinion of a few.
    And what should we do about it?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Liam

Liam Brown Teddy

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    London/ Bristol/ Boston MA
    10:53 AM
    Liam
    Warrior
    Add a further option with some gach items put in as quest rewards/ pq rewards (neglected pqs like OPQ) and also as mob drops.

3. xquzion

xquzion Capt. Latanica

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    12:53 PM
    Sean
    I just believe that neglected gachapons should be buffed, so people will stop spamming shrine at last

• Like Like x 6
  4. OP
    OP
    Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    I would if I could. Only mods are able to add further poll options after a thread has been made. We will have to wait for a mod to have it added.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Liam

Liam Brown Teddy

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    London/ Bristol/ Boston MA
    10:53 AM
    Liam
    Warrior
    Can we request this mods?

6. OP
    OP
    Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    I think we'll get a good idea of the situation with the current poll options. The details can always be discussed when the general opinion has been formed, no worries.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Samus

Samus Dark Stone Golem

May 15, 2015
    Female
    5:53 AM
    Samus
    Marksman
    I remember sometime in the past there was a list of potential gachapon redistribution places. IF we get rid of gachapon, would you want it to follow that how it said in that post? (I don't remember which post it is)

8. Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    5:53 AM
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle
  9. OP
    OP
    Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
  10. Illusion

Illusion Horny Mushroom

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    12:53 PM
    Illusion
    Hermit
    yeah lets make chaos scrolls, pink capes, and more stuff that is most expensive now be dropped from mob so that bishops/arch mages get an even greater advantage why not /sarcasmdetected?

edit: reading the links posted above, if the rarest items like i mentioned were to be exclusive from GPQ, and even then not be dropped every time, that would be fair i suppose. could also be in APQ when its fixed

• Like Like x 3
  11. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    3:53 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Sure, let's make them drop from snails at 20% rate. I figure 20% instead of 100% to make people actually work for it.

12. OP
    OP
    Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Yeah, stuff like that would be a good idea to have as zak drops or very rare mob drops, not easily farmed by mages. The idea behind redistributing these items, is to make some items more rare, and make it take effort to get a PaC instead of just pure luck as it is right now.

13. Xizz3l

Xizz3l Mushmom

May 5, 2015
    Male
    Xizz3l
    Outlaw
    Majestic
    I'd just prefer a rebalance of Gachas and possible (extremely rare) NX drops from mobs to use these. Everyone just shrining is getting boring after a while :p

14. MSGod

MSGod Blue Snail

May 13, 2015
    Male
    4:53 AM
    MSGod
    Hunter
    I think i'd rather see the gashapons get buffed, rather than getting rid of them altogether. The fact that there's no reason to gach anywhere else other than Shrine (unless you want like Sky Skis or something) is kinda dumb imo.

15. Reptar

Reptar Timer

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    California
    2:53 AM
    Reptar
    I/L Wizard
    Horizon
    I'd rather have mobs drop gacha tickets that you can only use at unpopular towns. So like Perion Gacha, Heneseys Gacha... etc

• Like Like x 2
  16. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    I don't think expensive items should drop, since as @Illusion@Illusion said, this would give Mages even more of an advantage over others. Distributing the items over other gachapons would lead to a variety of places to gach instead of just Shrine so you really have to choose and plan things; what do you want to get, where can you get it instead of "oh shrine gives everything lets go there".

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Mages aren't going to get some absurd advantage over everyone else. Anyone can kill mobs and actually, mages are rather bad at killing bosses, so yeah.

18. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    Bosses, yes. But any other mob can be farmed and Mages simply have a big advantage there.

19. David

David Pink Teddy

Apr 2, 2015
    Male
    4:53 AM
    I'd like to see all scrolls added to mob drops, but not equips, and definitely not best-in-slot equips, or ones that are already forgeable. Why waste time farming badges and tons of other items when something already drops the finished product (Night Raven equips). Also having sky skis be farmable seems pretty lame, especially from a fairly easy mob.

20. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    If mages were so OP in the first place, Neckson wouldn't have added elemental wands into gash. Do you realize how slow skills like genesis and blizzard are and how rare it is for a grand total of 15 powerful mobs to even be on one's screen at once?

I repeat. Anyone can kill mobs and farm. Nightlords also seem pretty OP, as does any warrior, who can rush and mob. Even bowmasters and marksmen are not that bad. If you're going to make the case that gash items can't be added into the game because mages will be able to make 2x more drop somehow, then we either ought to remove ANY item of value from mobs or remove mages from the game entirely to "fix" this issue.

I'm thinking sky skis should actually go to Snowman and be pretty darn uncommon at that. Guess that means we'll have people camping it nonstop!

• Like Like x 1