1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice [Feedback Thread] Summer Event 2023

Discussion in 'Events' started by Ariami, Oct 11, 2023.

1. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    5:58 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    • Event Content
      • Fishing
        • Did you enjoy the Fishing mechanic used for this Event?
          No, I think the event overall was great but spending 2 hours fishing every day (and then ending up with lacking pots or shovels due to arbitrary and unnecessary RNG) really wasn't my favorite part of the event.
        • Did you like the new maps added for fishing, or did you prefer fishing in the Free Market like previous Events?
          I thought the maps were mostly very pretty to look at and comfy to sit in. Excellent choice on the maps, mediocre choice on the activity performed :')
      • Baited or Outsmarted? Quiz
        • Did you enjoy this quiz?
          I think the quizzes are always nifty. This one had good humor and was overall very easy to learn, so after day 2/3 it was a matter of almost blindly speedrunning it. Keep the quizzes!
        • Do you think it rewarded a satisfactory amount of Bait Points for the effort required?
          Yep! The extra 25 a day was a nice way to get low lvl mules enough points for cosmetics.
      • Roel's Huge Pearl Jump Quest
        • Did you enjoy this Jump Quest?
          Yes! While regularly raging at it, I thought it was a very accessible JQ. Everyone should be able to complete it with a little practice.
        • Do you think it rewarded a satisfactory amount of Bait Points for the effort required?
          Absolutely. I loved the fact that there was a way outside of bossing/farming/bpq to obtain a significant amount of points.
        • Did you appreciate the Leaderboard added to this Jump Quest?
          While I'm personally far too bad at JQ's to have gotten anywhere close, I thought it was cool to see other people striving for fast completions.
      • Monster Battle PQ (BPQ)
        • Did you enjoy this Party Quest?
          I think it's always pretty fun. Creates incentive to team up with people, meet some new players, yada yada yada.
          Contrary to what other people mentioned, I don't actually think the different 'tiers' of points were a problem. Yes, stronger characters could rush their 1000 points (and thus, 7 raffles) quite comfortably, but weaker characters had plenty of other ways to obtain the missing points. In my experience, you generally needed ~500 points to get your raffles done.
        • Did you appreciate the Leaderboard added to this Party Quest?
          Yeah, I imagine it was pretty fun for stronger people to rush for fast completions.
    • Event Currencies and Rewards
      • Bait Points
        • Did you find it easy or hard to earn Bait Points?
          I think it was pretty easy, there were loads of methods to get the points and all awared enough points to be worth doing.
          I farmed my points across all chars in the following ways:
          - Actively played chars got some (not a lot) of bait points from the bait boxes.
          - I did the quiz daily on virtually all my chars.
          - I eventually started boss rushing on virtually all my 4th job chars.
          - Any chars that could not survive BPQ / I flunked runs on / Got unfortunate fishing RNG -> Finish it off with the JQ.
    • Fishing Coins
      • Did you feel like you were able to earn a sufficient amount of Fishing Coins?
        Yup! Felt very doable. I had an excess on almost all of my characters. This was mostly caused by having to occasionally wait for ages to get enough shovels/bait.
      • Were you satisfied with the selection of items to spend your Fishing Coins on?
        Yes! There were cute pets and cosmetics. I found the ring somewhat underwhelming in terms of both stats and duration, but this might be related to the (hopefully) soontm arrival of Halloween/Christmas event.
        • Was there anything you wish you could have spent your Fishing Coins on?
          Nope!
        • Did you have a lot of leftover Fishing Coins by the end of the Event?
          I had heaps, which I mostly spent on chairs.
    • Blue Fishing Coins
      • Did you enjoy this method of Raffling?
        Yes! No complaints.
      • Do you prefer the Raffle being repeatable 7 times per week as opposed to 1 time per day?
        Absolutely, it made it far less of a daily 'job' and moreso something I could spread across the week according to when I had time. Please keep this in.
      • In regards to the Raffle, were there any rewards you were satisfied or unsatisfied with?
        Not really, almost all rewards (except the jump popsicle) are nifty in their own way. I do understand the need for non-great rewards.
    • Miscellaneous
      • Did you enjoy the theme of the Event?
        Yep! Was very cute.
      • Was the Event's duration satisfactory?
        Definitely, plenty of time to actively participate.
      • Were you overall pleased with the Event and its contents?
        Definitely, keep up the good work.
      • Did you find the Event Post on the Forum informational enough to help you understand the different aspects of the Event?
        As with virtually every event I've ever participated in, the first day(s) are spent trying to figure out what to do and what gets me which rewards. I don't think this is a problem, though. Nor is it to blame on the event poster!
      • Was there any part of the Event you felt was missing and/or lacking?
        I don't have any complaints except for the fishing mechanic.
    Thanks staff!!!!! <3

2. Cabbagehead

Cabbagehead Orange Mushroom

Nov 10, 2021
    11:58 AM
    Oops, I do appreciate the unlimited entries! Just wish the reward could be capped by how many points has been earned, instead of the number of tries after reset, so that:
    1. With a proper ratio between points cap and points reward each run, maybe there would be more people doing BPQ through out the week. My personal experience was that it's harder to find a BPQ party on the later days of the week.
    2. Players won't lose out chance to earn points due to unforeseen incidents.

3. Nadav1

Nadav1 King Slime

May 18, 2021
    Male
    6:58 AM
    Beginner
    1. cool fishing maps.
    2.BPQ available even after 5 clears was very helpful so I could help other players clearing.
    3.gm buffs dish was awesome.

for me the only downside of the event was the rates of the raffles.
    it felt like the rates of cs/ws/pouch4 were super low.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2023
  4. DanTheMan

DanTheMan Blue Snail

Sep 18, 2023
    Male
    5:58 AM
    Tandborstman
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    My thoughts are the following:

Pros
    - Great new maps and NPCs
    - Lovely BGM music
    - BPQ was fun, even solo!
    - Liked the jump quest. Especially the run where people completed it on a mount :)

Cons
    - Spending time "not doing something" is not the best way to go with an event, I think. Especially not in this game which has way too much AFKing already (extensive muling, leeching). I'd like fishing to be some sort of mini-game where skill is used, or at least requiring some user input
    - Confusing currency system (regular coin, blue coin, regular fish, special fish, bait point, bait) is just too much. And even gacha tickets are rewarded sometimes, making it even more confusing
    - The rewards between a full BPQ and doing the other content was not even comparable. I enjoyed doing the jump quest, and grinded quite a bit, but BPQ was by far the best of the bunch. So if you were not high enough of a level, you couldn't compete with that.
    - I learnt that the really good Raffle rewards (WS/CS) were locked behind a 120+ lvl cap. I think this makes sense, but I'm not sure I like it being gated like this. Maybe allow it for other levels but make it more rare?
    - Raffles rewarded me with way too many regular potions. I think the rewards can be more rewarding than that

5. Tommygunner

Tommygunner Mixed Golem

Oct 29, 2020
    11:58 PM
    Good event overall

2:1 bait points to bait was unnecessary.
    I liked all the different methods to earn points. Quiz is always great.

BPQ gave disappointing amount of points for low levels. Low levels get bad raffles anyway, so why make it so hard for them?
    But Pianus was fun because people kept dying. I wouldnt have minded double pianus if their hp was adjusted XD

I liked having the various dishes, felt like a puzzle in optimizing my afk. However... fish:reward ratio was terrible because of Carps. The carps took away from the puzzle aspect. I feel like people would get fucked over by RNG anyway, even if the 4 main fishes had the same chance. So carps high rate was really unnecessary and just felt bad all around.

6. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    8:58 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Fun event. Felt slow and overwhelming at first (sounds oxymoronic), but once the strategies were figured out, it became really chill. Agree with others that the afk part was a bit of a drag. I personally don't think it's a good mechanic to have to afk over night and thought the system from the year before was perfect.

Best event chairs we've had in awhile. All of the points-based ones are fire, and the tangy and aquarium chair are also instant classics.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. fehiccup

fehiccup King Slime

Aug 7, 2023
    Female
    Malaysia
    Fehi
    Priest
    Fishing
    This was my first fishing event on the server, so I've never experienced fishing in FM but that definitely sounds like a lot more fun rather than having specific "AFK maps". Personally I enjoy AFKing where there's a lot of buzz going on around.

Baited or Outsmarted Quiz
    I'm happy with the available quick & easy method of getting points daily.
    I feel it rewarded a sufficient amount of points for the low effort required. (Although more points are always welcomed MapleF14 )

Monster Battle PQ (BPQ)
    I wasn't happy with how this PQ was such a huge part of the event by rewarding so many points, but requiring higher levels to fully clear it. It was as if this part of the event was specifically for them, leaving us newbies out. If you weren't able to clear BPQ you had to rely on the quiz, JQ, good ol' grinding, or doing regular PQs to get more bait points which were all much slower methods of getting bait points but required more effort compared to BPQ.

Bait Points
    It was harder than usual to farm event points. Irrelevant to my thoughts on BPQ, I say this more so cause the ice boxes dropped by mobs don't guarantee bait points. In fact they had a much lower than 50% chance of giving you bait points. I feel like if you're grinding to farm event points specifically then you should be rewarded with a higher chance of getting them, if not just getting bait points to drop from the start rather than ice boxes at all.

Fishing Coins
    Despite it being a little more difficult to get bait points, I still felt I got enough fishing coins to spend on all the cosmetics.
    Not sure how I feel about the chairs being so pricey despite being untradeable. Still wish I could've gotten all three SlimeCry

Blue Fishing Coins
    Love, love, LOVE that its 7 times per week instead of once a day. Gives us a chance to finish our raffles on the weekends instead of strictly having to come online every single day. But I did hate that it depended HEAVILY on luck to get a blue fishing coin (through the quest that needs specific fish, and you can't event control which fish you catch) since you're already depending on luck when it comes to the rewards.

Overall, loved the event and especially the cosmetics.

The sets / individual items fit in with the event's theme, and I absolutely loved the cute, short haired female hairstyles. We need more of those :pinkbean::pinkbean::pinkbean:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. soulreload

soulreload Horny Mushroom

Nov 15, 2022
    Male
    12:58 AM
    Deschain
    Outlaw
    NewLeaf
    I really had a blast on the last event but this one felt boring. Most of the time the BPQ was empty / going afk for fishing was not fun / jump quest being totally optional and not worth doing.

I miss a global boss, i miss seeing / playing / interacting with people and this event was an afk festival.

im grateful for the staff for putting effort tho.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    9:58 PM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    I would've liked to see more AP resets available, 7/week made it not even worthwhile, instead did raffle on my bishop like many others.

BPQ should've been capped similar to tower PQ where you clear 1 stage 5 times, thats your cap, 5 points for that stage, NOT the system where "you died at mano 5 times, gg noob come back next week"
    It made it so there is no chance to improve, optimize and play as a team, instead you either clear in 1 go or you lose all rewards after that. It made it a dead PQ after you've entered 5 times.

With raffle bonuses there obviously needs to be a balance we can't all pull ws's every pull but something about pulling sunblocks and completely useless items makes it just feel bad. It would've been nice to see untradeable att pots (25-30+ so its actually worth keeping in inv) or some sort of item that has no "value" in the market, but is still useful and a reward for the effort put in. Aside from that 4th job rewards felt decent. IMO It's okay for an "event" to be broken in terms of rewards, because it's a one-off time limited little meso infusion into the economy. We all have to grind and fight our way to get meso year round, I think for the couple weeks every 4-6 months we get an event it's acceptable to pump some meso so people can catch a small break and get some upgrades. (thinking about the lvl 70-150 upgrade struggles.
    The meso infusion is temporary, and prices/economy will adjust back to the normal stand still that it is within a reasonable time frame, but thats my personal opinion.

The bait points required to fish with the 50% conversion rate I think probably made things difficult for lower level players, as a 4th job I can farm points through tons of different avenues whether thats content, BPQ clearing, etc etc. I found the "difficulty" to get points pretty decent as a 4th job. I tried it on my lvl 3x cleric and it was painful to get, I would probably suggest a better return rate for points vs bait for lower levels since they have much less options other than grind the jump quest, or grind PQ's that are lackluster for time/effort vs reward. The points obtained through the ice boxs(?) from mobs was extremely insignificant. It made nearly no difference since they gave so little points at what seemed like a 30% rate.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    9:58 PM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    actually lolled, hard

11. ShadowerZhi

ShadowerZhi Slime

Jun 19, 2020
    Male
    ShadowerZhi
    Shadower
    Fuiyooooooh! Event Good. Fish Dish Good. Love Fishing. Many Chair. Equip Good. Why waste time say lot word when few word do trick?

But, Event Period, Too Short, Haiyaaaaaaaaaa...

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. Tarnished

Tarnished Pac Pinky

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    8:58 PM
    Confessor, Tarnished, Hawthorn
    Hero
    Pros:
    • Summer theme on-point
    • Lots of community engagement
    • BPQ is fun
    • Rewards felt balanced
    • Fishing map aesthetic is top notch
    Cons:
    This is my critical feedback (aka not trying to sound like a negative nancy):
    • This event felt highly lucrative for heavy multi-clienters. BossPQ was overwhelmingly powerful compared to other methods of acquiring bait points, especially if you're able to carry 4-5 chars at the same time. An established player could finish dozens of weekly resets in the span of a few hours, a new player would struggle to finish 1. The fishing mechanic also greatly favors multi-clienters
    • The JQ had a lot of frustrating RNG compared to Gaga JQ / Demon Castle

Last edited: Oct 18, 2023
  13. Endorphinss

Endorphinss Mixed Golem

Jul 28, 2021
    Male
    6:58 AM
    Endorphins
    i would like to address the most important topic for me this event.
    The best thing happened this event is the boss changes. The NT bosses changes made the experience less cancer for other classes (like non paladin cleaves in dunas 2).
    As a hero i can now play dunas2, and in addition to that its more interactive since you gotta stay slightly more focused for its attacks.
    Namie changes might made life harder for people who used to duo it with only ranged classes, but overall good change for the rest.
    nib is still a wc galore but not like before.
    the added hitboxes to pap is just amazing.
    This happened before the event but auf changes also made it very playable while still being a difficult boss.

I want to encourage staff to keep making bosses less of a cancer time sink exeprience into a slightly more interactive like these changes. Would LOVE to see actions taken to bosses like scarga (unbelivable wc galore, a 20min top bosses turns into 40min), maybe keep addressing cwkpq pirate boss (still only reliably killable by archers only) and maybe more.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Averdant

Averdant King Slime

Feb 6, 2020
    • Event Content
      • Fishing
        • Did you enjoy the Fishing mechanic used for this Event? Required some planning on no. of baits to exchange and couldn't just exchange all baits and afk fully in any one fishing map. Good and bad I guess.
        • Did you like the new maps added for fishing, or did you prefer fishing in the Free Market like previous Events? I loved the new maps! They're awesome to fish or afk in :)
      • Baited or Outsmarted? Quiz
        • Did you enjoy this quiz? Yes
        • Do you think it rewarded a satisfactory amount of Bait Points for the effort required? A bit of difficulty for me to judge since it goes through so many loops to get to the points, I actually don't rmb how much points my low lvl storage mules got for doing just quiz during this event. But it didn't feel like a lot considering the effort needed to fish and exchange for points. The spaceship gaga quiz was much easier with less effort needed.
      • Roel's Huge Pearl Jump Quest
        • Did you enjoy this Jump Quest? I think it's fun and not too hard. But I also witnessed 1 or 2 individuals who were stuck for 2 hours trying to complete it once while I lapped them 7 times. But player skill issue I guess, like me being unable to clear demon tower for anniversary event even once :') but luckily unlike anniversary event no one gets locked out of getting an event chair because they're bad at JQs, or get significantly less raffles compared to ppl who could do the specific type of JQs like anniversary demon tower because they could still go bossing or PQing
        • Do you think it rewarded a satisfactory amount of Bait Points for the effort required? I think it's fair
        • Did you appreciate the Leaderboard added to this Jump Quest? A little bit of competition is always fun!
      • Monster Battle PQ (BPQ)
        • Did you enjoy this Party Quest? Yes
        • Do you think it rewarded a satisfactory amount of Bait Points for the effort required? I feel like bait points for lower lvl clears could be buffed a bit for the new players
        • Did you appreciate the Leaderboard added to this Party Quest? same as ^ leaderboard qn
    • Event Currencies and Rewards
      • Bait Points
        • Did you find it easy or hard to earn Bait Points? Fairly easy if your level is high enough for BPQ to at least kimera + some JQs, otherwise you need to at least be able to clear to levi for 7 blue fishing coins/week
        • How did you feel about the number of options to earn Bait Points? I think it's good because everyone is included. Storage mules (for NX outfits/hair face coupon), low level new players (quiz/PQs), bossers, JQ players etc
          • Which method did you use the most? BPQ and JQ, with some quiz for low lvl mules
    • Fishing Coins
      • Did you feel like you were able to earn a sufficient amount of Fishing Coins? Yes if I only play a few chars, have too many chars I wanted outfits/hair face coupon and untradable chairs on so I couldn't farm enough for everyone.
      • Were you satisfied with the selection of items to spend your Fishing Coins on? Yes!
        • Was there anything you wish you could have spent your Fishing Coins on? Perhaps pet eqs, transformation pots could be added. I didn't have any excess points but for those ppl who had a lot of excess points leftover, 20wa consumables like the MMF event pots would be nice for them to exchange for.
        • Did you have a lot of leftover Fishing Coins by the end of the Event? Didn't have enough to redeem all the things I wanted on all chars
    • Blue Fishing Coins
      • Did you enjoy this method of Raffling? It's a fresh idea. But I feel it's kinda troublesome with all the loops to jump through.
      • Do you prefer the Raffle being repeatable 7 times per week as opposed to 1 time per day? 7 times a week is way better since not everyone has the time or energy to play daily, esp ppl who are working
      • In regards to the Raffle, were there any rewards you were satisfied or unsatisfied with? Perhaps raffle rate of watermelon bars (+jump) could be reduced and replaced with more pots, since not many people would use it (maybe HT bishops or ppl doing MPQ without thief? but there's already jump masks ...). At least the melon bars (+speed) were useful for mules. Also untradable +0~2 all stats earrings like octopus earrings are completely useless for mages except for aesthetics, I'd rather receive pots instead after I raffled my first one --- tho I don't think there's anything we can do about this. I feel like it's a different issue from getting "junk" like duck tubes where it's useless for everyone coz octopus earrings are amazing for all jobs except mages so only mages get the short end of the stick in this aspect. Perhaps a mage targeted buff to these untradable earrings + EPQ earrings to level the playing field for mages and non-mages? add some MA to the earrings, maybe around 2~5ma? I don't think a max ma of 5 is too much considering other jobs will use 4~6 stats from the earrings. 6 stats = 2 x 30% earring dex/luk scrolls which would be equivalent to 16 TMA on 2 x 30% earring int, or 3 x 60% earring dex/luk = 9 TMA's worth of 60% earring int scrolls. and if we look at non-shadowers it's 4 stats used which would be equivalent to 2 x 60% earring dex/luk which is equivalent to +6 tma from 2 x 60% earring int, or 1.33 x 30% earring dex/luk for 4 stats vs 1.33 x 30% earring int for 10.64ma. However mages right now only get a total of 4 TMA+luk from 2 int 2 luk.
    • Miscellaneous
      • Did you enjoy the theme of the Event? Yes
      • Was the Event's duration satisfactory? Yes
      • Were you overall pleased with the Event and its contents? Yes
      • Did you find the Event Post on the Forum informational enough to help you understand the different aspects of the Event? Yes
      • Was there any part of the Event you felt was missing and/or lacking? I think it would be nice if we could choose the type and quantity of fish to turn in for fishing points, so we can keep excess sailfish for the following week's blue fishing coin exchanges especially for those ppl who don't have a lot of time to play every week.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2023