1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Should we have a gachapon redistribution?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chew, May 30, 2015.

Should we have a gachapon redistribution?

1. Yes, Items should be redistibuted as mob drops, and gachapon should be removed entirely.

25 vote(s)
    30.1%
  2. Yes, Items should be redistibuted as mob drops, but gachapon should also stay, to stay true to GMS.

34 vote(s)
    41.0%
  3. No, gachapon shall stay as it is, and items shall not be distributed as mob drops.

24 vote(s)
    28.9%
  1. Samus

Samus Dark Stone Golem

May 15, 2015
    Female
    11:13 AM
    Samus
    Marksman
    I think we all agree that the system needs to change right? And that having shrine gash be the end all be all for nx needs to be different, whether that means removing gashapon or distributing to different ones.

• Like Like x 2
  2. OP
    OP
    Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    5:13 PM
    Beginner
    I cannot understand this point of view, how is travelling to different citys using tickets you get for free once a day fun or in any way challenging? It sounds very boring to me.
    Atleast grinding is gonna give you some form of challenge, and you'll feel a sense of achievement when you finally find what you have been looking for.
    As it is right now we just get epic stuff thrown in our faces for free every day. OnionPuke

3. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    9:13 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    It doesn't fix the "game play" problem we have, which is free stuff being given out only for voting... But Samus's suggestion would at least make it so everyone doesn't just gash at NLC or Shrine. When that happens, there would be a greater variety of goods being produced, so the server won't be so flooded with shinobi bracers and ele wands.

4. OP
    OP
    Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    But you'd have to have equally good weapons at other gacha items at other citys to make ppl go there instead, and in the end the result would be the same right? The items on the market would just have different names.

5. Samus

Samus Dark Stone Golem

May 15, 2015
    Female
    11:13 AM
    Samus
    Marksman
    I actually support removing gachapon entirely, my point was that people agree from whatever viewpoint they have that the current system for gachapon items is going to/is ruining the economy.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tank

Tank Slime

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    10:13 AM
    Tank
    I really dislike the idea... this will just make the strong and rich, stronger and richer. That's all there is to this system if you add it as "mob drops". LUCK is a big part of maplestory, as in scrolling, number 1 thing. Luck should be kept a big part of maple, IF they get lucky, then wheee good job! If not, better luck next time.

7. OP
    OP
    Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    How is mob drops not based on luck again?
    Rich as in how? Right now the market is flooded with good weapons and good scrolls at very low prices. The richest ppl on ther server are making great progress because they can buy good items for very cheap.
    By adding items as drops instead, the prices will rise and force the 1% players to stop trawling the market and this will give everyone an equal chance at getting their desired drop from monsters.
    Basicly how maple worked before gachapon was introduced.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Liam

Liam Brown Teddy

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    London/ Bristol/ Boston MA
    4:13 PM
    Liam
    Warrior
    This

9. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    9:13 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    This is how the game SHOULD BE. No ifs ands or buts. Other than purely "having fun" in an abstract sense or "making friends", the point of the game is to become stronger. And the main benefit of becoming stronger is to allow you to kill more powerful monsters and bosses and reap the rewards of your efforts. If there was no benefit to gaining levels, why would anyone even bother? Maplestory would be dead.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Reptar

Reptar Timer

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    California
    8:13 AM
    Reptar
    I/L Wizard
    Horizon
    I still think the best way to do this would be to have mobs drop unpopular city specific gachas(Perion,Henesys,ellinia etc) at scroll drop rate. They shouldn't just drop items that'd be too easy.

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  11. Liam

Liam Brown Teddy

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    Liam
    Warrior
    No he isn't the first two options ask if gach items to go as mob drops therefore since the first is just a more extreme version of the second it is clear the people who voted for the first option would prefer at least the second over nothing done at all...

12. OP
    OP
    Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Calm down, poll has been up for less than 24 hours lol. We can't conclude anything just yet. But it does indeed seem like the majority is in favor of change.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Reptar

Reptar Timer

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    California
    Reptar
    I/L Wizard
    Horizon
    What if I told you players will always go with the option that makes things easier for them? There's a reason majority votes rarely work when it comes to games and developers take suggestions so lightly.

Players don't know what they want unless they've actually developed their own game/server. They don't think about the consequences that might come with their choice. There are only 3 options to pick from out of the so many different possible things people can think of. I voted No because of that. There aren't enough options to come even remotely close enough for a decision to be made.

It's like asking hundreds of people what color shirt we all have to wear. If you give them the choice of red, blue or green and no other choice they HAVE to pick from those. A lot of people will want a different color but have to settle with choosing one of those 3 colors. Unlike that example there are many more options to explore. We aren't set in stone with only 3 options.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Liam

Liam Brown Teddy

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    Liam
    Warrior
    This isn't the final poll this is just seeing the general views of people. It'd be down to the mods to come up with the official poll reflecting all possibilities they can feasibly implement and then let people vote for the option they like best.

15. Reptar

Reptar Timer

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    California
    Reptar
    I/L Wizard
    Horizon
    I understand that but people are treating this thread like it's the only 3 options theyre allowed to choose from. They are having circular arguments with eachother over why they think their choice of the 3 is better rather than thinking out of the box and coming up with something every one can compromise on.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sam_Vosh

Sam_Vosh Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Jan 24, 2015
    Female
    Somewhere over a fictional rainbow
    SamVosh
    Bowmaster
    Halcyon
    There's many many gacha threads and discussions. And I can't possibly follow all of them. But the idea that sticks is that Gacha items should be mob drops? No other ideas?

17. Xizz3l

Xizz3l Mushmom

May 5, 2015
    Male
    Xizz3l
    Outlaw
    Majestic
    My personal idea: Less NX from voting (like 2k) OR higher Gachapon ticket price. Instead you have a slight chance of getting NX drops from mobs (Like 500 NX or sth, similar to scroll drops)
    Or the mass favourite: Rebalance the Gacha system so that Shrine isn't ridiculously overpowered by taking some and putting them elsewhere (especially dark scrolls etc.)

18. OP
    OP
    Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Don't know about you, but I played the original game before gachapon was added, so I know how it works, and I actually did run my own private server at one point too. Not that it is something that is needed for speaking out about a suggestion like this.

About the amount poll answers, once again, I can't add more myself at this point, a mod would have to do that, and we would have to restart the poll anyways for it to be accurate.
    I mean, if you have any experience with internet forums, you must know that a poll can't always favor your exact opinion with subject like this. Just go with whatever is closet to your opinion and have some imagitnation.
    And this thread was more or less to start a discussion and figure out what peoples view on this matter was.

About the whole "players always want it easy", this idea is about making things harder, less items in circulation, and you actually have to move your ass away from Shrine and kill some mobs to actually gather items.
    So by your logic the players who want it easy, is actually the players who want gachapon to stay as it is.

Well. That and quests is the most common suggestion from what I have understood.
    But there is many opinions on what kind of quests it should be, I guess it's up to you guys to come up with something clever if you want to go this route.

19. Liam

Liam Brown Teddy

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    Liam
    Warrior
    I definitely think these aren't perfect options and I would encourage anyone with alternatives to those already mentioned to share them.

I personally would like a reshuffle of current gach so good drops are spread evenly across cities. But I would like some gach items available through mobs/ underused activities like OPQ to encourage people to spread out from standard trends like for example we have seen GS2 being a hugely popular training spot maybe buffing other places with better drops will encourage people to party up and go to different areas. I would also like scrolls/gach as rewards from quests like showa exchange quest or slayer quests all of which rewarding people for actively playing more than the existing scenario of giving them millions a day for clicking a button and voting.

20. Reptar

Reptar Timer

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    California
    Reptar
    I/L Wizard
    Horizon
    One thing we did on RO was reward players for being active and playing the game. Every 30 mins if they hadn't triggered the afk timer a gift box ,which basically was like a gacha , was given to them. The main flaw I'd see with this is players using macros to bypass afk timers and I'm not sure if anything similar exists in MS. My idea would be players are rewarded with city specific gacha tickets that only work in unpopular gacha towns.

My other idea was a page earlier. Same concept of city specific gacha tho.

• Like Like x 1