1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

OssLock Regions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CaptainNemo, Nov 8, 2023.

Tags:

What areas should be added to OssLock?

1. Ariant

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. Boat Quay Town

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. CBD

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  4. Crimsonwood Keep

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  5. Ellin Forest

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  6. Floating Market

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  7. Golden Temple

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  8. Herb Town

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  9. Magatia

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  10. Malasyia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Neo Tokyo

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  12. Ninja Castle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. NLC

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  14. Phantom Forest

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  15. Shanghai

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Showa Town

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  17. TaiPei 101

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  18. Taiwan + Night Market

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  19. Ulu City

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  20. I don't want to use my 2nd vote

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  21. I don't want to use my 3rd vote

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  22. Leafre

10 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Selkie Jr.

Oct 3, 2017
    Male
    9:37 AM
    CaptainNemo
    Islander
    Ossyrians
    Hello everyone!

Recently within the OssLock we have floated the idea of adding additional areas to the challenge. We've conducted an internal poll regarding what locations players would like to see should any potentially be added or adjusted. We are interested in the rest of the communities opinions on locations.

From the selection provided, please choose 3 areas that you believe would be most beneficial or interesting as additions to the current roster for OssLock, and if anyone is up to it, post with any pros/cons for the locations you've chosen. It would be greatly appreciated and beneficial to have outsider perspectives on potential areas.

Also, for any potential recruits, the Halloween overall, cape and hat will be great starter gear for any new member, and will only be available during the event, so now is a great time to join! https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/osslock-3rd-job-challenge.46610/

2. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    Osslock should be locked to Victoria and Ossyria (Orbis, El Nath, Aqua Road).

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    6:37 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    I didn't have enough votes to air my preferences, so I'll detail them here.

I think Leafre opens up a lot of possibilities to fix what currently seems to me like very limited options past lvl 120ish. While I don't expect it to be a problem, you could theoretically even limit it in a way that prevents people from going to e.g. Skele etc.
    Additionally, I think Leafre still fits really well within the bounds of Old School.

I also voted for Herb Town. I'm somewhat hesitant about this because of the +16allstat helm which would be opened up by PPQ, but otherwise I feel like the possibility of PPQing would be a net positive for lvl 55-100.

Finally, I'd argue in favor of NLC and Haunted Forest. I can't remember when this was added, but intuitively I do associate it with (fairly) oldschool Maple. Furthermore, WS seems like a cool partygrind map and farming HH would essentially function the same as Thanatos/Gatekeeper, where ranged attackers can thrive.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    12:37 PM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    Ossyria is actually a fuck ton of areas :eek:. Orbis, El Nath, Aqua, Ludi, Omega, KFT, Ariant/Mag, Leafre, Temple of Time, Mu Lung, Herb Town, and Neo City (idk if you considered Neo Tokyo 1 to 1 equivalent).

The vast majority of the Osslock community’s opinion was they want to add areas rather than keep current areas, let alone removing areas.

NLC and Phantom Forest are both areas added pre 4th job.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Daydreamer

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    Ludi, Omega Sector, and KFT are Ludus Lake. Ariant and Magatia are Nihal desert I believe. I don't know what Leafre and Temple of time are but I don't think they're categorized as Ossyria. Same goes for Mu Lung and Herb Town.

6. OP
    OP
    CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Selkie Jr.

Oct 3, 2017
    Male
    CaptainNemo
    Islander
    Ossyrians
    Ossyria is the continent.
    upload_2023-11-9_23-13-9.png

• Like Like x 1
  7. Daydreamer

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    I always interpreted Ossyria as being a subcontinent encompassing El Nath, Orbis, maybe Victoria. We need a maple geologist here to elucidate the plate tectonics of the maple world... Either way though this should exclude world travel regions like Mushroom Shrine and Temple of Time which appears to be a floating island (as is Orbis, technically, but that's considered part of El Nath mountains in-game). The status of KFT is unclear as well as it appears on the map but in-game is represented as entering a magical book.

8. Bella

Bella Mixed Golem

Nov 7, 2015
    Female
    2:37 AM
    attach
    F/P Arch Mage
    ethereaI
    I voted for Ariant, NLC, and Phantom Forest.

Ariant: Opens up nice mid-level content that doesn't really impact end-game.
    NLC: Wolf Spiders are fun, and they're a nice party map!
    Phantom Forest: Honestly, what I really want to vote for is Haunted House - the rest of Phantom Forest is... A lot. But Haunted house is a nice mid-level area (hoodoo/voodoo) that doesn't impact much later on.

9. Tommygunner

Tommygunner Mixed Golem

Oct 29, 2020
    12:37 PM
    I voted leafre magatia and golden temple.

Leafre: I think of Leafre as part of classic maple. Are Skeles broken even without mage ultis?

Magatia: I just think it would do good to add more PQs to the challenge. Just a thought, no strong opinion on this.

Golden Temple: I dont really consider golden temple classic maple per say, but I think adding another low level boss other than papulatus is probably a good idea. And at least it was added pre-bb xD

• Like Like x 1
  10. Redwop

Redwop Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jan 27, 2016
    2:37 AM
    I would consider these following areas, based on my own preference.

1. Herb Town. I like how the area connects with Aqua Road: it introduces an alternative road of travel, being able to move from Aqua Road to Herb Town to Mu Lung, which serves as QOL that I appreciate.

2. Ellin Forest. The quests were lowered and an additional custom reward (i.e. Ellin Savior's Ring) was introduced at the end after completing the quest line. (I also personally don't like the pop-up that comes above your character's head at level 45, and which doesn't really go away, unless you accept the quest.)

3. Taiwan/Night Market (and Taipei 101). Even though the area was never introduced to GMS pre-big-bang, it was still available for players in other server regions (TMS). I also just wanted to note the amount of effort that went into translating the quests for the area, which was done by one of the former staff members. It's not really relevant to mention this, but you also get to see the Snack Bar with where it would've been; because, in GMS, it was put in the Sleepywood Dungeon, which is where it was not supposed to be.