1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Not a Bug Horntail Quest Stuck in Log After Completion

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by Taima, Feb 13, 2024.

1. Taima

Taima Mushmom

May 23, 2021
    Female
    9:56 PM
    Taima
    Beginner
    Oddjobs
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video):After buying Horntail Necklace, hatching Nine Spirit's Egg, and obtaining the Dragon Stone, the quest "The Missing Hero" - "Dragon Squad's Mission" is still stuck in my quest log. This may be irrelevant, but I did not obtain The Breath of Nine Spirit buff after talking to Nine Spirit's Baby Dragon either, maybe because I had a MMF buff and Onyx Apple active still (could have overwritten the buff).

These are screenshots from a video of obtaining HTP. If more specific info would help, I can get video or screenshots of any point during the HT quest process. Sorry if some are irrelevant, but I wanted to document the parts of the quest I did.

taima_ht_quest_stuck_1.png
    Obtaining Dragon Stone after hatching Nine Spirit's Baby Dragon

taima_ht_quest_stuck_2.png
    Used Dragon Stone while at Nine Spirit's Nest

taima_ht_quest_stuck_3.png
    Chatlog showing Quest EXP rewarded

taima_ht_quest_stuck_4.png
    Active buffs right after with no Breath of Nine Spirit Buff

taima_ht_quest_stuck_5.png
    "The Last Hour of Horntail" completed

taima_ht_quest_stuck_6.png
    Repeatable Dragon Squad's Mission quest available which I did not take, no other dialogue for current quest from Raul the Knight

taima_ht_quest_stuck_7.png
    "The Missing Hero" - "Dragon Squad's Mission" stuck in progress, still looks like this today

What is supposed to happen?: This was my only HT entrance and quest completion so far in v62 Maple so I had to ask around. Nobody I asked that runs HT regularly says that they had this quest get stuck in their quest log after getting a Dragon Stone for their Horntail Necklace.
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: November 11, 2022, a long time ago but I was hoping the quest would fix itself maybe, or alternatively thinking that I did something wrong. MapleF12
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional): I actually don't know where it went wrong due to my inexperience. Maybe having buffs that would overwrite the "egg buff" causes something to go awry?

Do I have to just repeat the quest again to finish it? I'm too scared to touch it, because I don't want to buy another Horntail run and my guild isn't ready for HT yet. If it's user error then I'll just wait until I get another chance at HT. I just want to clear the quest log as much as possible.

Greatly appreciate any advice or assistance. MapleF11

2. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    5:56 PM
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    egg quest is repeatable. not a bug.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    5:56 PM
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    you didn't get egg buff because mmf buff is better therefore egg buff won't override.

4. OP
    OP
    Taima

Taima Mushmom

May 23, 2021
    Female
    9:56 PM
    Taima
    Beginner
    Oddjobs
    I was pretty certain that was why I didn't get the egg buff. And I was aware the quest is repeatable, for "egging" multiple HTPs. Just a bit disappointing that it's stuck "In Progress." I tried getting the repeatable quest and forfeiting and it's still there. Seems like I'll just have to do the repeatable quest, get into Horntail again and loot another egg to finish the repeatable. Maybe will report back whenever I do that.

A small price to pay for a clean quest log. :banghead: (Still an impossible task because of Memory Keeper's quest)