1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello Maplers

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by Munk7, Feb 16, 2024.

1. Munk7

Munk7 Orange Mushroom

Feb 15, 2024
    Male
    6:28 AM
    Page, Cleric, Thief
    I first played Maple back when FangBlade was the top player. I'm not even sure pirates existed yet. I was a Fire/Poison mage, and I wasn't that good. Later, I tried Aran and got kind of far, maybe level 170? Played again about as far with the Samurai. I also tried Paladin but didn't get as far. Fiddled around as a Pirate for a bit. In Legends, I'm currently a mage, and I'm thinking of trying Bishop this time.

Modern Maple just became a bloated mess of it's former self. I saw the power creep build up as years went by. Numbers exploded all over the screen. Now people do damage in millions and it's just nuts. The Korean soap opera dialogue is cringy. I hate clicking through hours of chat boxes. I just wanna smack shrooms. The game starts at level 10 now, or is it 30? Meh...I lost interest after at least 1/2 hour of Korean soap opera.

After thinking about why I missed old Maple, I came across this gem of a site. (I was unable to download the .exe at first, but then I tried the mirror and it worked). I'm running Win 10 on an HP laptop with Ryzen 3.

Thanks for putting up this server and I look forward to Mapling like the good old days.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    7:28 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    Welcome!

• Like Like x 1
  3. creative

creative Mr. Anchor

Nov 2, 2019
    Male
    • Like Like x 1
  4. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    8:28 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    welcome!

• Like Like x 1
  5. thechild

thechild Master Chronos

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    fartmane
    Dark Knight
    Galaxy
    Welcome! The forums have plenty of resources about class/builds, but the community is very friendly and always helpful! Hope you enjoy your time here! Maybe I will run into in the server one day! All of my inn's are below in my sig :3

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Munk7

Munk7 Orange Mushroom

Feb 15, 2024
    Male
    Page, Cleric, Thief
    I can't play anymore. I keep getting kicked at startup. Message: "You've been disconnected from Maple Legends." Was there a recent update?

Edit: It's working now. Thanks for the welcomes. Hopefully no more tech problems.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2024
  7. thechild

thechild Master Chronos

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    fartmane
    Dark Knight
    Galaxy
    sometimes there might be an issue with your virus scanner. You may have to turn it off when playing maple or make an exception with windows defender. Same goes for when you download bc sometimes windows defender will delete or block certain files from properly being downloaded. Lastly, make sure the client is always up to date, it can lead to d/c’s a lot. There has been issues with newer windows updates, but I want to say some of those has been worked out. Any issues just contact on the forums and describe your issue and it usually gets resolved pretty quickly.

other than that, it’s a private server so there might be some bumps every now and then, but this is the most stable you’re gonna get :3

• Like Like x 1
  8. DrChuchu

DrChuchu Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Sep 21, 2020
    Male
    DrPikachu
    Night Lord
    Welcome!

• Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Munk7

Munk7 Orange Mushroom

Feb 15, 2024
    Male
    Page, Cleric, Thief
    Thanks everybody. It works now. I'm level 28 and going with a Bishop with limited Luk just because I like using some equips. I won't be doing any washing.

There is something about old Maple that I like. It's simple, yet satisfying.

10. Khandar

Khandar Blue Snail

Sep 16, 2022
    Male
    12:28 PM
    JokeThief
    I/L Wizard, Bandit