1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Discord for Dummies

Discussion in 'Guides' started by creative, Jul 28, 2022.

1. creative

creative Mr. Anchor

Nov 2, 2019
    Male
    2:17 AM
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to what most people will say is a useless guide to Discord. For others, it'll be helpful if they're new and not sure what Discord even is. You can skip the guide if you'd like, here's the invite link.

Table of Contents
    1. What is Discord?
    2. Multiple Locations?
    3. Sign me up! How can I join?
    4. Where can I download the program for my computer/phone?
    5. What are the roles in the chat and can I get one?
    6. Bot Commands
    7. Can I make my own server?
    8. Important Discord Links

It's a all-in-one voice and text chat that’s free, secure, and works on both your desktop and phone. The servers you make are free, and has better security than Skype. The program has all the good things from Skype, TeamSpeak, and IRC into 1 program.

When making a server or being in a server, you used to be able to change the location of the server. However, as of a recent update in 2021 this is now done automatically when joining a voice channel or video call. The following locations are where the servers are located.
    • Brazil
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Africa
    • Sydney, Australia
    • US Centeral, East, South, and West Coast

Joining a server is very easy. Have someone send you an invite link to their server and you should be able to join. However, if you're new and not sure what to do, here's a small helpful way to get you there.

1. If you haven't made an account yet and you're joining a server, something like this will show up. Just put in the name you want and continue on.
    1.1. When you have an account, a page will come up where you can accept the invite, create your name, and you can join the server.
    2. When in the server, if you haven't already I suggest you make an account. This way, you can login and join more servers with other friends.

You can download Discord for your computer on their website as its available for MAC, Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android. If you don't want to download the program, you can always use their web client.

For those that want to test new features in the program, there's a PTB(Public Test Build) where any user can download but it'll have new things that the staff at Discord are working on. If you're inserted in helping out, at the bottom of the download page you'll see something that says "Get the public test build". It'll switch the page to downloads for it.

Most likely, you won't get a role in the server unless you become a part of the staff(good luck). Here's a list of the staff members if you're curious who's on the team at the moment. You can apply for staff here.

• Staff - This is for the official staff of the server. This way, they get staff privileges.
    • Administrator - This is for Kimmy, and no one else
    • Supervisor - This is for those that are head of staff
    • Web Developer - For the staff that are apart of the Web Dev team
    • Developer - For the staff that are apart of the Server Dev team
    • Balance Team - For the staff that are apart of the balance team
    • Graphic Designer - For the staff that are apart of the design team
    • Project Coordinator - For the staff that are apart of coming up with future event ideas
    • Game Moderator - For the staff that are apart of the in-game moderation staff
    • Server Booster - A normal user of the server who owns Nitro and boosted the server
    • Legend - Normal user of the server who's joined and is able to talk

If someone from the staff sees this and can send the list since I can't find them anywhere, that would be lovely!
    W.I.P
    W.I.P

You can make your own server by clicking the circled plus sign where the channels are. Just make sure you don't do anything against the rules of Discord to be banned/removed from their service.

7/28/21 - Added banner designed by myself
    8/4/21 - Color coded the staff roles, added Graphic Designer role, and a link to staff applications

• Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    3:17 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin