1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Accepted Is the White Scroll Prompt Needlessly Confusing?

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by -ovv, Mar 29, 2023.

Is White Scroll Prompt Needlessly Confusing?

1. Yes, the white scroll prompt is needlessly confusing, and it should be changed.

16 vote(s)
    29.1%
  2. Yes, the white scroll prompt is needlessly confusing, but it should not be changed.

4 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. No, the white scroll prompt is not needlessly confusing, but it should be changed.

10 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. No, the white scroll prompt is not needlessly confusing, and it should not be changed.

19 vote(s)
    34.5%
  5. Cancel, I don't even know what a white scroll is

6 vote(s)
    10.9%
  1. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    2:44 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    its really not hard to use legendary spirit with the box checked. Raw dogging scrolls onto items is for the brave

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    10:44 AM
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    What kinda 10iq person u be not to understand the prompt

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    1:44 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    [​IMG]

• Great Work Great Work x 16
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Old spy movies must have an "explode our secret volcano base" button. You aren't allowed to question why there is a button for blowing up your really cool volcano base, you just have to smugly assert that nobody in their right mind would press the self destruct button shortly before James Bond comes by and blows up your base and all of your long fought over plans.

Is it fun to watch Mark Zuckerberg get his evil lair blown up? Yeah. But after a while you sort of have to wonder why every evil lair has a massive self destruct button.

• Great Work Great Work x 5
  5. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Why was this accepted its literally the most simple possible prompt in its current state. If people can't understand Yes No Cancel they have no business trying to white scroll anything. The new options just make it more confusing and the poll was in favour of keeping it the same :D

Would you like a glass of water

"Oh wow I sure am thirsty"

*clicks no*

I'd even shoutout Blen for making a very clear simple guide for white scrolling that I used when I went to scroll my first ws10

Last edited: Mar 22, 2024
  6. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Actually the poll was in favor of changing it. Kind of ironic you misinterpreted the information that way seeing as it was designed similarly to the current white scroll prompt.

• Great Work Great Work x 3
  7. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Hmmmm I suppose by "grouping votes" as a yes you're correct, touche.

It's still the most smooth brain shit imagineable to screw up in the current setup.

8. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I don’t disagree, but I’m not trying to berate people for messing up. I’m just trying to propose a better design. I genuinely believe people aren’t messing up because they can’t read. It’s because they’re conditioned to believe No means cancel because that’s how it’s designed literally everywhere else in the game. The white scroll prompt is the only situation where no means forward progress, and misinterpreting that has major consequences.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    mmmmmmmm that's fair about the No = cancel

10. penips

penips Red Snail

Nov 9, 2023
    8:44 PM
    I've always felt like something was weird wth the prompt and having you describe the Yes and No as both forward actions answered a question I never knew to ask!