1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Potion NPC reduced prices

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Baby Fat, Jun 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baby Fat

Baby Fat Mano

Jun 1, 2015
    Male
    Texas
    2:28 AM
    BabyFat
    Corsair
    Horizon
    Ok so this might be a touchy subject but here we go.

What I've seen is that the lower level players end up plateauing out cause of the Potion prices. I've seen people leave the server just cause they can't grind or pq anymore cause they have no mesos to buy potions. Maybe a npc for reduces prices for players would help in retaining players.

Or new character gets a full USE inventory of HP/MP potions that are non-tradable.

I think option two is the best as far as this suggestion but i'll let people talk about this. don't hate me for suggesting this bae's

2. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    3:28 PM
    Option two can be considered, perhaps upping the pot rewards from Maple Island quests but making them untradeable, and maybe extending that to low level quests early on as well, but definitely not reducing potion prices as it benefits everyone, not just newbies.

Mesos and mob etc drop rates are also already higher than normal to help new players somewhat.

Then again we shouldn't fully cater to their needs, because a few newbies already take the initiative to seek out players in the FM for help. I usually drop them about 200k which can cover their pots for a few levels, and they probably will ask from a few other players as well. Not to mention they should also try and save pots rather than spam level 3 lucky seven/power strike when it is not cost effective instead of using normal attacks.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Berz

Berz Orange Mushroom

May 26, 2015
    Male
    Not close enough to the fridge
    2:28 AM
    Beginner
    -
    I personally think quest give plenty of pots to start off. But a 25-50% reduction on colored potions wouldn’t be too bad imo as all of them are usually are worthless past 35 (red 25 ,orange 100 ,white 240 ,blue 100)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  4. Bulba

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    Warriors and Mages can use coloured MP/HP pots respectively for more than that. Plus, NLC offers grilled cheese and others which are far superior in cost effectiveness which players can start using from level 20~30 onwards.

5. Shendizz

Shendizz Orange Mushroom

Dec 30, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    Jelamee
    Pirate
    Aqulia
    I personally disagree, in v62 GMS there was no such discount of any sort. Part of the challenge of old Maple was also about the mesos, and how you had to plan your spending. If people join Legends, expecting some sort of spoonfeed to make the gameplay easier, it definitely would not happen. Besides, there are many ways to obtain money here- such as the job quests, the beginner pots quest, the Mano quest which gives 30k, etc, which is how I managed to survive without much help when I was a nub. Besides, as Bulba mentioned, there are many NLC pots that is extremely cheap and effective, and thus is unnecessary to give a newbie free pots. Hence, giving a newbie free pots at virtually no cost would completely kill the challenge, which I think is harmful to the fundamentals of this low rate server.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Ghost

Ghost Dark Stone Golem

Jan 10, 2015
    Male
    Georgia
    3:28 AM
    All you have to do is go to the FM and ask people for potion money. Or use the chair you get from maple island since that's what it was intended for. It's all part of the challenge.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Admiral

Admiral Mushmom

May 30, 2015
    9:28 AM
    Most people started and survived without any help, and so did I. The beginning is always tough. Either they learn to deal with it or don't play at all.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    This is really unnecessary, picking up everything from grinding, npcing things you don't need, quests, and being a little smart about your spending is more than enough to make it through those early levels financially. If you need help there are plenty of people that are willing to help but keep in mind, a lot of us started on day 1 and were able to make it through those early levels, so it's doable.

9. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    1:28 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I also disagree. New players are always coming and they ask stuff like where should I go? Do the quests. What is the best exp for me? Do the quests! What's the best way to get money for pots? Do the fucking quests!!

There's lots of little tips and tricks people could learn if they just ask. But in any case, if people are quitting because they run out of money early in the game, they are going to leave anyway when they have to grind for hours to level.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Klaffen

Klaffen Slime

May 1, 2015
    RonWeasley
    I/L Mage
    Quest
    1. Get level 15
    2. Sell fame
    3. ???
    4. Profit

This is what i did. I also bought fame for 400k just to be nice with a new player. I bet there are more people out there like me.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Yell

Yell Pac Pinky Retired Staff

Apr 10, 2015
    With Waldo.
    Snail
    * level 16

Same thought thought. Sell it for ~100k daily.

It's really not that hard...and questing does give decent potions

12. Charizard

Charizard Red Snail

Jun 3, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    I like the idea to reduce prices for potions. It's no fun to just sit there and spam the basic-attack key. I almost quit from a lack of mana pots

13. Robert

Robert Chronos

May 7, 2015
    Male
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Robert
    Cleric
    Quest
    This community is cool enough not to implement this feature.

I have yet to refuse the first new guy some mesos. I usually can spare 50-100k

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yell

Yell Pac Pinky Retired Staff

Apr 10, 2015
    With Waldo.
    Snail
    I gave 150k of meso yesterday to new players. 50k each. Also saw someone else drop meso for someone who asked.

Community is just to good for this. I agree

15. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    If anything should be increased at all, it's the quest potion rewards. This server is GMS-like, I recall LV. 40- was pure hell on GMS in terms of potion money. It's basically what you signed up for and to me personally, the potion need and having to spend mesos wisely on potions is part of the nostalgic feeling. So quest rewards can be increased, but the potion cost should remain the same.

(Let's also not forget that Bishops use a shitton of expensive potions and they're not complaining! Then again, they're Bishops...)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  16. Robert

Robert Chronos

May 7, 2015
    Male
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Robert
    Cleric
    Quest
    I have made at least 40m+ since I started this game. I'm a level 46 cleric that hasn't used heal as a way to grind until 42.

No it's not hard. KPQ gives a fair amount of mesos my friend.

17. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    KPQ is so much slower than grinding though, and XP is love, XP is life.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bulba

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    Fast XP usually comes at the cost of lesser income, so if you're poor you should look for ways to train that nets you cash at the same time, rather than going for the fastest EXP route that leaves you struggling even more.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    I made it through the early levels while only focusing on XP, so it's doable and not that hard. o-o

20. Bulba

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    If it's do-able at the current pot prices then that's a good thing.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.