1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pirate PQ

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Samus, May 31, 2015.

1. Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    11:58 AM
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle
    Dem skrollz tho

2. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    9:58 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    You misunderstand what we're saying though. We're saying that after the mobs die when they are supposed to, they fail to respawn again for another period of 10 seconds. Out of like all the potential mobs that are first seen on the map, only 1 or 2 actually end up spawning again. I'm starting to think the ones we actually manage to kill on the first wave are the ones that wind up respawning again...

3. Yuguz

Yuguz Red Snail

Apr 27, 2015
    5:58 PM
    Balkae
    Bandit
    Horizon
    I think the biggest issue is the low exp. LPQ competes with it.

I can see why there is an exp nerf when there are higher level players in the party - it prevents power leveling to some degree. But I don't agree with nerfing the exp for all the players, including those at level 70+. IMO the base exp should be higher, but with 70+s in the party the lower level players should get the nerf. Main reason being the large level range (55-100) of the PQ.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    Moderator Post
    Spawn in the devoted map will be fixed on next rev.

5. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Hi. We've also noticed another minor issue regarding the 2nd to last stage where you have to get keys from the mobs and lock them in. See the problem is, only 5 mobs end up spawning at a time, so even if all four doors are open (to get max spawn you only need 2 anyway) there is a possibility that 4 keys won't drop. It's not a common occurrence, but it still eats up time and can be frustrating to have to start the pq all over again due to pure luck.

So, in order to help prevent this, I would suggest either increasing the key drop rate or increasing the amount of mobs that can spawn every interval. Personally I would go with more spawning, because that would make it seem like closing the doors is actually a priority. :p

6. Mstweaker

Mstweaker Horny Mushroom

May 9, 2015
    Male
    5:58 AM
    I agree. Ive finished the 100 PQs and ive failed about 7 times because of this stage. It wasnt because of our imcompetance but rather the RNG was not in our favor. I dont think thats how a PQ should be failed. A PQ should be failed because of poor planning, poor teamwork, and difference in the level range between mobs and players and NOT because of lack of luck.

If the options mentioned by lionheart aren't accepted, I might suggest extending the time on that stage?

7. Animate

Animate Timer

Apr 2, 2015
    Male
    Donut
    I/L Mage
    JSquad
    LMPQ goes up to 55k.

8. Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle
    Not since Navi nerfed it

9. Navi

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    Moderator Post
    Fix for the spawn in the devoted map will go into effect during the next server check. Likewise, the spawn in the key stage will be doubled as well.

Currently considering re-adding the reverse exp split but increasing the exp to 3x rather than 2x.

It would look something like this if people are fine with it:

Avg party lvl < 70 = 105k exp
    Avg party lvl 70-79 = 84k exp
    Avg party lvl 80-89 = 60k exp
    Avg party lvl 90-100 = 30k exp

Thoughts? Thinking that it would encourage partying of lower levels, and with ppq being a very "grind through mobs" pq, the higher the lvl the faster the runs get.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I'm glad you're going to fix the spawns. Though as I've already mentioned before, it doesn't make any sense to penalize higher level players. A lv 100 player could probably completely wreck the whole mp3 map with ease compared to lv 60s. But... does that mean their exp is then nerfed? No...

The reason being that the lv 100 players needs over 8 times the exp to level compared to a lv 60 and can still probably find better sources of exp. For example, at lv 100, you can go to himes. The way you have it set up, we can run through PPQ, get some piddly exp from killing the mobs and a grand total of 30k exp for about 15 min worth of effort. Or... go and kill 6 himes in like 30 seconds for the same amount of exp.

Anyway, the higher level you get, you can only get through PPQ so fast. There's a lot of running and jumping/falling of platforms. And also there's a lot of waiting on spawns.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle
    Though you have to keep in mind for those 80+ this PQ is not about exp, as it is about getting the end reward.

12. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    That is absolutely true... though exp is pretty slow. There really isn't any reason to nerf it for high levels. Once you get near the upper end you may as well be thinking "screw this PQ" and try for a zhelm instead.

13. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    4:58 PM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Me and next as well as a few others tried it when it was released. After 3 runs we stopped because it just was not worth the effort for the hat lol... The exp was also terrible in comparison with other places you could be.

PS. Night raven hat has near enough the same stats once you score a good one.. And you can get that from exchange..which you killed amazing exp mobs for, which also give good money. Overall the effort for the hat just doesn't seem worth it

14. Navi

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    Moderator Post
    PPQ now gives 105k exp per run effective immediately regardless of party avg level. This is 3x the max possible exp in GMS.

• Like Like x 3