1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Regarding Vote Abuse

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, May 28, 2015.

1. Scorpio

Scorpio Slime

Jun 7, 2015
    Male
    Michigan
    8:03 AM
    Scorpio
    F/P Wizard
    Here's the thing; people that choose to abuse voting are persistent. I don't see a level increase preventing anyone from vote abusing as leveling from 35 to 45 is maybe 8 hours (depending on class of course) of legit grinding.

What would be great is an alternate to this antiquated system of vote = nx = mesos. The problem I find here is that each element is directly dependent on one another. If you were to remove voting and just give nx to players, you would inherently destroy the population and the addition of new players. If you remove nx and provide items and/or mesos via vote points, you haven't neutralized the ability to abuse voting, and lastly if you remove the ability to make mesos via nx (i.e. Gacha) you lose substantial voting power as it is not as much of a necessity, and more of a commodity.

I've played with alternate systems before and sadly this is the most effective way to generate votes without completely destroying the economy/game mechanics. Without a dedicated team monitoring the votes, nx usage, IP's, etc. there is no real way to prevent vote abusers, although I have seen servers come close.

TL;DR? - It's here, it's staying, Get used to it.

2. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    5:03 PM
    Beginner
    I haven't bought a single ticket either.

3. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    4:03 PM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    nice cover, i'll use it too.

jk

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    One last reminder to not vote on more accounts that are from yourself in a 24 hour time frame.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  5. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    9:03 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I say stop giving warnings and start handing out bans. Only way children learn is when their parents actually back up their threats with the consequences.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    6:03 PM
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    For everyone complaining about how hard it is to fund yourself before level 45.
    You're forgetting we all know the deal, the server started at April 1st, 2 months ago, we were all there not too long ago and we know.
    I, personally like the new change, and really, it's not that hard, I got to level 45 with a Beginner before I got any gacha money.
    And I really didn't have a hard time getting money for potions.
    I personally think the economy is effected for the better from this change, leaving vote abuse aside.

7. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    Truth, prices are stable and low, which is good. :)

8. Leo

Leo Horny Mushroom

May 6, 2015
    Male
    Ebonix
    Beginner
    You obviously dont buy INT scrolls lol, these by far are no where near low.

9. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    Welcome to pre-BB, Int scrolls are quadruple the price of anything else. In terms of proportion, they're about the same as on similar servers. :)

10. Leo

Leo Horny Mushroom

May 6, 2015
    Male
    Ebonix
    Beginner
    Its a headache when you boom an int equip and have to buy everything again OnionPanic

• Like Like x 1
  11. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    11:03 AM
    Moderator Post
    If you receive an illegal charging/funding message on login, this means that you have been banned for vote abuse. If you believe that you have been incorrectly banned, please consider making a ban appeal in the ban appeal section. Thanks!

• Like Like x 3
  12. Navi

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    Moderator Post
    A reminder that 3 vote abuse strikes and your account(s) will start being banned indefinitely. There are many players who have 2 strikes now, and even more with 1, so I would highly recommend that you stop if you are still trying.

• Like Like x 3
  13. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Navi

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    • Like Like x 7
  15. Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle
    We, the public, should know who have been convicted of vote abuse so if we choose to we can not buy from them.

16. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Or just roll em back a bit.

17. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    Why roll back when you can just wipe part of or all NX? o:

18. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
  19. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    11:03 PM
    Looks like there's a number of people unsure about what vote abusing is, hope to be able to clarify that now:

You are allowed to own multiple accounts if you wish, but you may only vote on one of them every 24 hours (1 vote = 5,000 NX). Anything more that nets you greater than 5k NX within any 24 hour period would be considered as vote abuse, regardless of what you planned to do with the NX.

To avoid violating this rule, if you previously voted on an account, wait until you are allowed to vote again on the same account (click Vote from the game website. If you are blocked, then your 24 hour cooldown isn't up yet). Once you are cleared to vote again on the same account, you can then decide if you want to vote on that account on a different one. Then you repeat this check for your next vote. If you follow this, your votes will not be within 24 hours of each other and you will be safe from breaching our vote abuse rules.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Spooky

Spooky Brown Teddy

Mar 27, 2015